• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

weevles

I saw a tweet from SE; the Final Fantasy Explorers Collector's Edition is only available from their online store. It's up now:

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/291359/final-fantasy-explorers-collector-s-edition-3ds

Thanks for this! Wish it wasn't exclusive to their crappy store but watcha gonna do.

$8 shipping and it takes 5-10 business days. :/

Yap, absolutely terrible, but what are you gonna do when it's available literally NOWHERE else? Super salty. Hopefully they ship it for Pre-Order peeps with enough time to get it on release day.

Who am I kidding, they probably don't give a shit.

$14 shipping to Hawaii. I was so afraid this would be exclusive to SE online store and my fears were realized. Still, it's an awesome set and I guess I am biting the bullet. T_T

Mr. RPG

This was the best Direct ever. This was honestly better than any E3 conference for me.

Nintendo delivered on absolutely everything I wanted. Absolutely amazing.

JC Lately

Did they give a date for when Cloud drops? And did I see right? He comes with a stage?
Was watching in a tiny window at work so not sure if I missed it.

smisk

That was a freaking great direct. Barely touched Xenoblade Chronicles, but strongly considering X now, it looks pretty awesome.

Sooooo, in the past few hours I've pre-ordered:

Twilight Princess HD w/ Amiibo
Fire Emblem Fates CE
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Mega Man Legacy Collection CE w/ Amiibo

Yeah, this Nintendo Direct delivered.

Nintendo_Direct2015_Nov12_Results.png

I would have had my feathers ruffled a bit if it turned out Cloud was our Ballot Character. as a bonus he's fine, but the most important part is that Banjo-Kazooie's possibilities got *much* higher IMO.

That was honestly better than E3, holy shit.

Not enough superlatives in the world to describe how I feel about Cloud. It's been 3 hours and I still can't get over it.

The 3DS has been redeemed. If 2016 really is the year it gets replaced by the NX, it is absolutely going out with a bang. Amazing lineup, especially with not one, but TWO Dragon Quest games after all this time.

Fast Racing NEO looks so cool too. Hope it hits in December, I'm definitely interested.

Hilarion

Has anyone in this thread pointed out that Cloud has, in fact, appeared on a Nintendo system as recently as last year in Theatrhythm?

RootCause

Sooooo, in the past few hours I've pre-ordered:

Twilight Princess HD w/ Amiibo
Fire Emblem Fates CE
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Mega Man Legacy Collection CE w/ Amiibo

Yeah, this Nintendo Direct delivered.
Aye! Same here. I shouldn't be spending that much money with the huge backlog that I'll never finish. :/

Watched the direct.

In for:

Starfox
Twilight Princess HD and the new Zelda.
Cloud in Smash Bros
Final Fantasy Explorers
DQ8 3DS
Original Pokemon games on VC
Free Splatoon DLC

And maybe Xenoblade X.

Seemed like a lot of 3DS stuff. I only have a Wii U, so it wasn't as exciting for me.

Some cool things though. That Mario Maker portal is a great idea.

RK128

The direct was about what I expected it to be; a good deal of my guesses turned out to be real, so I'm happy about that :).

Great to see the 3DS line up for next year seem so massive for western gamers; Final Fantasy Explorers, Dragon Quest VII and VIII, the 3DS VC releases of Pokemon R/B/Y, Fire Emblem Fates (not liking the different version idea though :l) and Bravely Second are going to make 3DS gamers very happy :D. Now all that's left is a localization for Yo-Kai Watch 2 and Busters alongside announcing Pokemon Z or ZX & ZY to wrap up next year nicely.

The Wii U line up looks a bit better too but not everything I expected was announced; no western release date for #FE is annoying and the fact Zelda TP HD and Star Fox Zero seem to be far off (both coming out starting March 2016) is disappointing. No update plans for Mario Maker and (more so) MT: Ultra Smash bites too. Splatoon getting new content is cool (but I would have been more excited for Octolings or a new Single Player Campaign would have been great)

But the Smash DLC looks to be very strong (Cloud being in Smash still dumbfounds me honestly XD! My earlier guesses on Banjo & Kazooie appearing in Smash alongside peoples desires for Snake to return isn't crazy now :')) and the fact we are getting a whole direct for Smash next month is great.

Hoping that news on games covered in the JP direct (Pikmin 4, ect) will be announced in the next month or so.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
How dare Nintendo show the games they're releasing and updating, mirite?

Yeah, I decided to read through the reactions in this thread and since I was able to enjoy the direct seperately alot of the reactions come off way too negative for me, this is the point of the directs and people dont seem to get that

Wanderer5

Christ the 3DS is going to be on fire next year. I probably just get Final Fantasy Explorer (sorry Mario and Luigi) for some more MH fix if MHX isn't coming around anytime soon.

Star Fox is so far away, but it looking nicer. And as for Cloud... lol.

ChaosXVI

Overall, this was definitely a high-tier Direct. If it hadn't been for TP:HD getting leaked, it probably would have been legendary. Cloud didn't even register to me as an option for a new character for Smash.

Though I'm really curious what happened with the Minecraft thing, I thought that was a lock for sure!

Surprised we didn't even get a peek at Federation Force. I really want them to sell me on it. Definitely curious to check out Fire Emblem Fates, as I've only ever played a demo for Awakening and while I liked it, I couldn't devote much time into games back when it came out .

Josh5890

I've pre-ordered from Best Buy (thank God for GCU)

Fire Emblem Fates CE
Twilight Princess CE

I'm waiting for Final Fantasy CE and Megaman CE to go live on BBY. I'm on the fence with TP though since I have a Wii copy I never played. I think it will come down to how my active backlog looks around release.

finalflame

I've pre-ordered from Best Buy (thank God for GCU)

Fire Emblem Fates CE
Twilight Princess CE

I'm waiting for Final Fantasy CE and Megaman CE to go live on BBY. I'm on the fence with TP though since I have a Wii copy I never played. I think it will come down to how my active backlog looks around release.

Final Fantasy CE is Square Enix store exclusive, as per their official Twitter. It's currently up on their shop.

Pinky

Banned
A very satisfying Direct.

-Zelda:TP HD
-Small glimpse of Zelda U
-FAST Neo Racing (Looks fucking awesome)
-Final Fantasy Explorers
-Xenoblade Chronicles X
-Cloud in Smash
-Other shit I'm forgetting

I was puzzled that we didn't get any info about Minecraft: Wii U Edition. Did that turn out to be a hoax or is that really from the PEGI website?

Josh5890

Final Fantasy CE is Square Enix store exclusive, as per their official Twitter. It's currently up on their shop.

$77 shipped? Yikes. I'm not paying that much. I'll just grab a regular copy.
And a year from know I will be kicking myself because this CE just screams limited print

You're talking about the original or the 3DS game? Nothing is expected regarding those.

The original Wii Xenoblade saw a digital download release on the Wii U e-shop in Europe as a lead up to XCX. I and many others are hoping they'll do the same here. Would have been a nice announcement in this Direct.

Very pumped for all the games releasing. I preordered Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors 3ds, Fire Emblem CE and I'm very excited for Pokemon Yellow. Yellow was my first Pokemon game and also Game Boy game, can't wait for the nostalgia trip.

Morts

Pretty solid event, but the most exciting part is the Mario Maker portal site. That's going to be great for the longevity of that game.

alf717

The Dragon Quest announcement actually made me yell out a yeah. Cloud was just icing on this wonderful cake Nintendo dished out today.

Top Bottom