• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

Kevinroc

Top Tier Direct, even with some lulls in the middle. They had me at TP HD, Linkle, DQ 7 & 8, FE Fates, FF Explorers, and topped it off with Cloud in Smash.

cyba89

Fire Emblem Fates special edition
Mario Maker search features
Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow VC
Twilight Princess HD
More Splatoon content coming
Dragon Quest 7&8
Freakin Cloud in Smash!

That was better than their E3 Digital Event

Sadly no Picross 3D 2 news

finalflame

$8 shipping and it takes 5-10 business days. :/

Yap, absolutely terrible, but what are you gonna do when it's available literally NOWHERE else? Super salty. Hopefully they ship it for Pre-Order peeps with enough time to get it on release day.

Who am I kidding, they probably don't give a shit.

It was better than the previous E3 one but that's not saying much. Most of it were games we already know and low-profile releases, like the last one. One could also make a drinking game of how many times amiibo was said (though in fairness, they do print money). That said, there were some highlights.

New Splatoon content is always a plus for me, though I am a bit worried at the same time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I heard the announcer talking about Nintendo continuing to support Splatoon until a certain point in time next year? The game isn't even a year old and was a sleeper hit for Nintendo, so for it to get only a year of new content in spite of that kinda bothers me, even given that if this really is the case, the millstones that are the Wii U and NX that hang around its neck are the reasons why.

Star Fox Zero's new footage was a great delight. Maybe it's just me but the game looks a lot better than it did in previous footage, and the gameplay looks solid too. I'm pretty excited about the game again, after the initial graphics, lack of (initial) MP content, and mentions of old worlds being revisited in SP, bummed me out.

I don't care much for Pokemon but Red, Blue, and Yellow making it onto the eShop is rather noteworthy in the "keep circulating the tapes" semblance, because the original games rely so much on trading Pokemon with other users through the Game Boy link cable, a true re-release that didn't re-implement the feature for modern devices (like how the 3DS ports did through wireless connections) would had been impossible.

I don't really know much at all concerning Dragon Quest, but I recall reading that the series has been a case of not seeing its games being localized in NA for quite a long time, so for DQVII and DQVIII seeing release there is a plus for fans of the series.

I don't much about Final Fantasy (last time I promise) but Cloud in Smash Bros. A completely out of left field surprise, and a pleasant one at that. That's the type of stuff I was hoping for, and wanted Nintendo to do for the Direct. And they delivered, oh so very much. Can't wait for the December Smash Bros-centric presentation, especially what it means for future characters (suggestion voting ballot, or otherwise).

Last note: on the flipside, Twilight Princess HD I found to be a disappointment in terms of visuals. Coming off seeing the looks of the other Zelda re-releases (Wind Waker HD in particular, I intend to get in the future), TPHD in comparison looks like the original game but given a bump in resolution, and little else.

Sterok

Pretty good overall. My 3DS is very happy. Wii U less so, but that Wolf Link amiibo is mine. And Cloud was a legit shock.

LaserHawk

No Rhythm Heaven. 0/10 Direct.

Holy shit that was amazing.

Earlier this month I preordered a Japanese n3DS and several Japanese games, Rhythm Heaven being among them. I sat here poised to cancel the Rhythm Heaven order, but it appears I won't have to.

It's a shame they're not bringing it over yet.

mclem

Mario, Cloud, Ryu, Mega Man and Sonic are now all in the same damn game.

Go back in time and tell your nine year-old self that.

My nine-year old self: "Well, I know Mario, vaguely. Who are the rest?"

I was aware of Street Fighter 1 in 1989, but I doubt I could have recalled the name of the player character.

Severely disappointing. Star Fox Zero looks good, though.

I wish they would have at least given us a Rhythm Heaven 3DS or Picross 3D2 confirmation. :(

So glad the 3ds is going out with a bang but also makes ya wonder if NX handheld is launching next year when i expect Pokemon Z to be a big holiday 3ds title in 2016

Koobion

$8 shipping and it takes 5-10 business days. :/

Hopefully that's not the case :( I saw this on the product page:

*On or Near Release Date Delivery. While we try our best to schedule delivery to arrive on the release date, actual delivery date may vary depending on your location and method of shipping. Orders received after January 12th, 2016 11:59pm PST will arrive after the Release Day.

Vidiot

So this direct was awesome. Everyone's no doubt already gushed about the big stuff so I'll just say adding Fierce Deity costume to Triforce Heroes is something so small and simple yet so freaking cool! :)

Mario, Cloud, Ryu, Pac-man, Mega Man and Sonic are now all in the same damn game.

Go back in time and tell your nine year-old self that.

It literally reads like the most insane fan service character list ever imagined. And it's real, all of it. wow

Also psyched about Star Fox. I'll probably pick up XCX someday, I've got way too many RPG's to catch up on though.

egruntz

shelaughz
No Pokemon Z?
The Smash news wasn't that great, but I suppose we're getting a whole Direct dedicated to it next month, so I won't complain too much on that.
But uhmm...no Pokemon Z? VC of Red, Blue, Yellow really isn't that big of a deal for me. I tried replaying it recently and it's just awful compared to what we currently have. Can't go back.

ffdgh

Since this thread is going insanely fast, I might as well make a fun prediction.

To coincide with the December launch of Episode VII, the beloved blonde protagonist Luke Skywalker will be revealed, along with a Bespin stage.

Or something along those lines.

:)

Well now...

Chase17

I thought that was a fantastic direct! But I'm a pretty big fan of rpgs so that would explain it. Wolf Link may be my favorite amiibo yet (alongside yarn yoshi). Good stuff!

JC Lately

So:
Fire Emblem Fates
Bravely Second
DQ VII & VIII
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
FF: Explorers
Maaaayyybe SMT IV: Final?
Oh, 3DS, why are you so good to me?

So:
Fire Emblem Fates
Bravely Second
DQ VII & VIII
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
FF: Explorers
Maaaayyybe SMT IV: Final?
Oh, 3DS, why are you so good to me?

makes me wonder if NX hanheld is really coming 2016 or not also expect a big pokemon title for 3ds for the big anniversary of red and blue.

Quonny

Good showing for me personally for the 3DS. Lots of jRPG goodness.

Wii U? Not so much. Clearly they've moved on to NX. I'm interested to see what that is.

Great Nintendo Direct! So glad it's back. HD TP, Zelda U still set for 2016 and what I wanted most, Dragon Quest VII & VIII localized! Whoo! I'm gonna play more DQ V tonight to celebrate.

Edit: Only disappointment for me was no DLC announced for Mario Maker. :/

In an interview after they released 3D World. Bit I can't find it anywhere...but they clearly said that they won't release another 3D Mario for the Wii U.

It was an interview in Edge and yes, they clearly stated that the next 3D Mario would be on the next system, NOT Wii U.

Tom Nook

final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps4-exclusive.jpg

6 Months later on the NX.

People seems to forget about Final Fantasy Explorers compared to everything else.

I haven't!

It looks like Phantasy Star Online with a Final Fantasy skin. It seems like a lot of my friends are pretty excited for it and are more willing to give it a try over Monster Hunter. I'll be picking it up to play locally.

Hopefully they release the 3D version of Final Fantasy 1 here as well.

Puruzi

Banned
Good Direct.

I was super hyped for Paper Jam, but it's this close to release and we've seen no original characters and we know fuck all about the story. Honestly thinking this is going to be a sticker star situation, and that's really disappointing. At least it'll definitely have good music

VegiHam

Just now catching up with everything, but that was a really cool direct. WTF at Cloud, awesome at Linkle and huh at the lack of Fire Emblem date and price details in Europe.

Piercator

Banned
You're talking about the original or the 3DS game? Nothing is expected regarding those.
That's what I was saying. The other guy ask for the original Wii Xenoblade game, and there was no news about that.
They only localized the game in EU. In response to sales results they will consider to localize it here in the Americas.
Pretty sure we were talking the same shit.
Anyway should be nice to have it localized here for Wii U before the sequel X arrives

Piercator

Banned
Great direct.

The 3DS is the king of JRPGs in 2016. Who would have saw that coming?

Agreed, and nobody was able to see it coming. A few days ago a find a couple of crying topics about throwing the 3DS to the see because they were getting some dust.
Never loose the hope with the big N. The wait hurts, but they always have something nice and you give them your heart again

Top Bottom