• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Paris had a horrible terrorist attack today with over 100 people horribly killed.
Bad stuff going down in Lumiose could be in bad taste.

You kinda missed my point :p

They didn't do something in the anime because something happened in the US, but because Japan got struck by the earthquake.

The only time they removed something that affected world news was the submarine episode, and it was just pushed back than actually removed and they only did it because it happened within the week.

Considering TF stuff hasn't happened yet, they wouldn't do any rewrites.

Theorymon

So what time does whatever replaced Pokemon Smash air now? I dobut Masuda is gonna drop any big bombs, but its a great excuse to watch their crazy, bizarre shit so I'm in anyways!

JoeM86

So what time does whatever replaced Pokemon Smash air now? I dobut Masuda is gonna drop any big bombs, but its a great excuse to watch their crazy, bizarre shit so I'm in anyways!

It doesn't. Smash stopped airing in 2013 :p

This is Pokénchi and airs at 8am JST

Seil

It doesn't. Smash stopped airing in 2013 :p

This is Pokénchi and airs at 8am JST

Hence why they said "whatever replaced Pokemon Smash" instead of "Smash". Though really Get TV replaced Smash and was then replaced by this, but still.

Hegarol

With the CoroCoro news of an announcement in December maybe they have a special Pokemon direct planned next month. One can always hope.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
With the CoroCoro news of an announcement in December maybe they have a special Pokemon direct planned next month. One can always hope.

Considering how this month's CoroCoro issue had no reports on what announced during the Direct, I suppose they could bring more details about Pokémon Picross and Pokémon VC releases. Well, we'll probably know well enough what to expect once December 15th approaches, between Masuda teasing something and other things.

Actually, Masuda could tease at Pokènchi already. How many hours left before it happens?

Considering how this month's CoroCoro issue had no reports on what announced during the Direct, I suppose they could bring more details about Pokémon Picross and Pokémon VC releases. Well, we'll probably know well enough what to expect once December 15th approaches, between Masuda teasing something and other things.

Actually, Masuda could tease at Pokènchi already. How many hours left before it happens?

less than 11 hours

JoeM86

Heck, I still call it Pokémon Sunday lol

I still call it Pokémon Encore :p

I doubt they'd be saying this about that though.

Thanks.
Don't know if I'll be able to watch it live XD

Is there a quick roundup to what happened the past times when CoroCoro teased big news for Pokémon?

Mega Evolution for one. Reveals like Platinum, new game reveals, new form reveals etc.

I'm still not convinced we're getting Z news in Coro Coro next month.

A reveal of Volcanion and the next movie strikes me as something that they'd do this sort of buildup for.

JoeM86

I'm still not convinced we're getting Z news in Coro Coro next month.

A reveal of Volcanion and the next movie strikes me as something that they'd do this sort of buildup for.

Na. Volcanion now doesn't fit the pattern of everything we've had for movies for the past 14 years.

Volcanion will likely be revealed in Q1 of 2016. Probably in February. I will be very, very, surprised if Volcanion is shown next month

I'm not getting my hopes up either way, I've been let down too much over the past few months to get excited anymore.

To be fair, most of the times there wasn't ever anything actually saying that there would be news at the various points. It's mostly just fandom over-reacting

May 21st: There was crap going around that we'd get a new game revealed then. There was actually no official word other than an outdated LINE description and Famitsu DS+Wii (a magazine that never has any news) saying they'd have some Pokémon, Yo-kai Watch and Monster Hunter content in the issue out there. The fact we got Super Mystery Dungeon revealed that day is just a completely bizarre coincidence.
E3: No hint for it
CoroCoro each month: Nothing saying about news
Worlds: No evidence of a reveal. Could be partially my fault. I spoke about a theory I had here and people took that theory as fact and spread it. Plus it was as good a place as any, but there was nothing beforehand saying so.
Nintendo Direct: Masuda said to watch the night before, yes, but we got big news there. GRBY on the Virtual Console is huge.

So much of the hype about "Oh my god, it's coming ____" has mostly been fan created whereas here we're actually getting told that big news is coming.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Can't wait for whatever will be announced...please be "Pokémon Z"

Not to be insensitive, but I imagine we're going to have another "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma" deal after today's attack.I wonder how extensive the probable rewrites will be, but I imagine they may drop any climatic scenes that would've taken place in Lumiose.

By the time they do the Team Flare climatic scene enough time will have passed, plus they can easily move it to another location.

Couldn't the 'Big News' just be a recap of the RBY announcement from the direct?

Wouldn't surprise me if that happens. ¬_¬;

Na. Volcanion now doesn't fit the pattern of everything we've had for movies for the past 14 years.

Volcanion will likely be revealed in Q1 of 2016. Probably in February. I will be very, very, surprised if Volcanion is shown next month
In fairness, Genesect broke that pattern too, back when it was revealed towards the end of 2012.

I don't think that the 2016 movie's likely to focus on Zygarde with the anime arc it's having between now and then, and the December movie trailer tends to give us a concrete idea of the movie's plot. I'd be very unsurprised if it focused on Volcanion, not least because Gen VI has run out of other legendaries to promote.

23382x.jpg

Here's your Build a Bear Pikachu ya filthy animals.

JoeM86

In fairness, Genesect broke that pattern too, back when it was revealed towards the end of 2012.

I don't think that the 2016 movie's likely to focus on Zygarde with the anime arc it's having between now and then, and the December movie trailer tends to give us a concrete idea of the movie's plot. I'd be very unsurprised if it focused on Volcanion, not least because Gen VI has run out of other legendaries to promote.

Genesect actually proves my point though, at least in regards to us not getting Generation 7 next year

Genesect got released early so they could do the promotion for X & Y through 2013.

Generation 5 was weird. It felt like it was plotted out to be longer but in 2011 they decided to expedite it so 2012 had all three Mythical

harmonize

I can see Zygarde being featured in the teaser for M19 just to advertise the upcoming arc instead of an actual appearance in the movie, the writers did the same thing with Lugia/Ho-oh for HGSS in the first Zoroark movie teaser, despite both of them being in the film for only a split second. Core being a part of the main cast many months before the next movie and Complete playing a big part in the next arc seems to suggest this.

And I seriously doubt an anime arc, especially one as advertised and integral to the plot as Z has been, will end outside of the television anime. They've admitted that they didn't finish the GS ball and eventual Celebi TV plotline because they decided to instead go with a film concerning the Pokemon, it seems like one or the other to keep from confusing the audience and having them have to pay to see the end of something that they started for free.

Boss Doggie

I can imagine September next year either the arc has finished or is nearing its climax. If it's finished, obviously Squishy has to go (rip Bonnie's smile) and Complete Forme is Squishy making his reappearance that ends with a goodbye (rip Bonnie's smile again). If it's nearing its climax, the gang probably don't know Squishy is Complete forme but will take up some appearance.

JoeM86

Checking my archives, CoroCoro hasn't spoke about big news in December before so it may be that they're not referring to movie stuff after all.

The fact it says ポケットモンスター rather than ポケモン raises an eyebrow, too.
I can imagine September next year either the arc has finished or is nearing its climax. If it's finished, obviously Squishy has to go (rip Bonnie's smile) and Complete Forme is Squishy making his reappearance that ends with a goodbye (rip Bonnie's smile again). If it's nearing its climax, the gang probably don't know Squishy is Complete forme but will take up some appearance.

Merchandise for Complete Forme Zygarde starts coming in March so logically that's when part of the arc will come into play.

Boss Doggie

That early? Wow, Bonnie's gonna cry sooner than I imagined.

Goddamnit anime, why must she suffer so? Tyrantrum ep had me in stitches. ;_;

Hatchtag

Banned
Man, I'm still so hoping that by some magic 2016 will see re-releases of all the gen 1 and gen 2 games. It'd be so god damn cool for them to do that. Then finish it off with some sort of transfer tool to gen 6. I know they'd have to change a few things, but it'd still be so damn cool.

harmonize

I wonder if we'll get the eighth badge and third showcase before or after the Flare climax. If before we could realistically be at the damn league by the next movie; we'd need a Sinnoh-like badge gap hell to keep the series from flying by at this point, and since Wulfric is already in the opening I just don't see it happening.

Boss Doggie

Well, they are going to Terminus Cave, and Squishy is eager to go there as well. So we'll probably see a taste of Flare there. They're setting up Greninja first with the Naruto two parter.

harmonize

if flare ends in March, here's how I see it happening:

December: Greninja evolves
January/Feburary: Greninja loses to Sawyer and/or Alain, runs off, Flare arc starts to heat up
March: Flare climax, Greninja returns to save Ash and co. from them and in turn becomes ashninja through the power of love, gets a win over Alain
April: last badge, last showcase
May: stuff whatever and buffer time for filler airing throughout the arc
June/July: league/master showcase, Ashninja vs Mega Sceptile is the big climax before ash gets shreked by that kid with the meowth from the hoenn league again

The anime has to be getting a filler arc then because I can't see "Z" and Gen VII releasing in the same year and there's no way that they'll want to lose their timeslot.

JoeM86

The anime has to be getting a filler arc then because I can't see "Z" and Gen VII releasing in the same year and there's no way that they'll want to lose their timeslot.

Indeed. The anime has been running non-stop since April 1998 on Thursdays. They'll always do something. Hell, the Unova League was done in 2012

Salaadin

Are there any known issues with pokemon x freezing?

I put 50 hours into it when it released and then stopped. Today, I decided to start fresh but it keeps locking up on me between loads.

JoeM86

Are there any known issues with pokemon x freezing?

I put 50 hours into it when it released and then stopped. Today, I decided to start fresh but it keeps locking up on me between loads.

That's unusual.

Retail or digital? If digital, could be an issue with your SD card.

Top Bottom