• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

Finally got through the first. I'll deal with the Challenge of the Gods later... it's too much right now, because I wanna play part 2.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This thread is making the wait really hard for me (my copy is somewhere in the world, on the way to Sweden from AxelMusic). I want to play now! I recently got Platinum in Uncharted 2, so I'm done playing SP in that game for a while (still playing MP, though), and while the BF:BC2 beta is nice it's not something I can play for too long at a time (mostly due to there only being one map and one mode). I need something new, and GoW Collection is that something!

ph15h

Neo Member
kpop100 said:
Well these trilogy releases can only work if there is a new one also coming out for the system. So they need to start doing that first ;)

:D The Last Guardian is coming soon, so let's hope for that Ueda bundle.
:D Rising is coming soon and so is Peace Walker, let's let them make that MGS Trilogy Bundle... I mean I just bought Essentials, but I wouldn't mind a new gloss with trophies and bonus features.

Give us a new Sly Cooper then release 1-3 on collection Blu-ray. Stop with the inFAMOUS Sucker Punch :D

Rikyfree

Hopefully they can do a jak pack, then when KZ3 gets close, release KZ1 and Liberation for the ps3, 60fps locked trophies of pure awesome

ShortBus

I've just spent an hour+ on JUST stage 10 of Challenge of the Gods...
I have no idea how I passed this years ago.

EDIT: My problem was I used up my Rage of the Gods before stage 10. I'm an idiot.
I'll give it another shot when i've had more sleep.

EDIT2: Breezed right through 1-9,Challenge 10 took 3 tries. Sleep makes all the difference. :D

Dairy Bastard looks good in HD.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well shit. I think my PS3 is having issues, or something. The game won't stop locking up no matter what. But the thing is, all other games are running fine. I don't know what to do D:
I tried the game on the PS3 in the living room and it was fine... so... WTF.

Kagari said:
Well shit. I think my PS3 is having issues, or something. The game won't stop locking up no matter what. But the thing is, all other games are running fine. I don't know what to do D:
I tried the game on the PS3 in the living room and it was fine... so... WTF.
Playstation Boards

Looks like you aren't the only one. Though, I have never had a lockup yet, but I am on a Playstation 3 Slim, so that may be why. No, that can't be, because some people that have Slims are also reporting problems. Hmm... I'm expecting a patch for this, since it isn't just you.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Spruchy said:
Best Buy $10 off ftw.
I got this as well. Pre-order GOWIII and automatically get $10 off your purchase.
$30 for the collection is definitely the sweet spot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lastinline said:
Playstation Boards

Looks like you aren't the only one. Though, I have never had a lockup yet, but I am on a Playstation 3 Slim, so that may be why. No, that can't be, because some people that have Slims are also reporting problems. Hmm... I'm expecting a patch for this, since it isn't just you.

I'm on a launch 60GB. When I play it on my mom's newer 80GB it's fine.

Kagari said:
Looks like you are going to have to play it on the 80GB until a fix is issued, if ever. Sorry you are having problems. You should be able to enjoy the game, so I do hope Sony or the developers of the Collection do something about this.

I read on the PS blog that a few PS3 slim owners are having issues? I hope that's not the case, don't make me regret my recent upgrade Sony.

Square Triangle said:
I read on the PS blog that a few PS3 slim owners are having issues? I hope that's not the case, don't make me regret my recent upgrade Sony.
A few are, but I don't think everyone is. I'm not having problems, and I have a 120GB Slim. I'm currently over 8 hours into God of War I, and not one single freeze. That doesn't mean that I won't still get one, and if I do, I'm surely going to complain, haha.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lastinline said:
Looks like you are going to have to play it on the 80GB until a fix is issued, if ever. Sorry you are having problems. You should be able to enjoy the game, so I do hope Sony or the developers of the Collection do something about this.

Well, I guess the benefit of having to do that is that the TV it's with it hooked up to the surround sound system :lol

Kagari said:
Awesome!

God of War 2 is... wow. There are tons of particles, light effects, blur effects, wtf its like next-gen before next gen God of War was out. Suddenly those comments about God of War HD make more sense, although the difference is still very dramatic with GOWIII.

Still, wow, this game is gorgeous. Currently seeking an audience with
the sisters of fate.
Gonna have to get myself stolen away by some girls or I'll never put the controller down :lol

Here's two God of War 3 demo codes. I pre-ordered to get $10 off and had an extra one aside from the one I used.

RQBT-NDBG-LD5A
N2M4-A9BQ-4G3B

jvm

Gamasutra.
I've been playing God of War from the collection on my 60GB PS3, no worries. Absolutely flawless so far.

To all the folks who are having troubles, I hope it gets resolved soon. This collection is GREAT.

GameCat

I imported this from the states (to Europe) and I can't redeem the code for the GOW III demo. Do I have to create an US PSN account or something? How do I go about doing that?

SToRM

GameCat said:
I imported this from the states (to Europe) and I can't redeem the code for the GOW III demo. Do I have to create an US PSN account or something? How do I go about doing that?
You have to create a US account to redeem your code. You can find a lot of information about creating a US account on google.

I just received my copy from VG+. Too bad the Canadian version doesn't have the Kratos picture on the inside of the box. Impressions of the games will follow.

GameCat

Yeah I got it now, demo is downloading. It was a bit annoying having to come up with a valid adress until I remembered the early nineties and used Beverly Hills, 90210 :D

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I got a 60gig and i'm having some weird bugs. I just beat GoW 1, and twice throughout the game it would just stop outputting sound completley. I quit out to the main menu and still no sound. I had to quit to xmb and relaunch it get it again.

The second and worst bug IMO is that through the entire 4 hours of the Pandora's Box area it would keep looping the same music sequence no matter what. Like it was playing 2 tracks of music at the same time, so it sounded like a mess. Nothing i did changed it back to normal. I had to shut the music off for the rest of the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TONX said:
I got a 60gig and i'm having some weird bugs. I just beat GoW 1, and twice throughout the game it would just stop outputting sound completley. I quit out to the main menu and still no sound. I had to quit to xmb and relaunch it get it again.

The second and worst bug IMO is that through the entire 4 hours of the Pandora's Box area it would keep looping the same music sequence no matter what. Like it was playing 2 tracks of music at the same time, so it sounded like a mess. Nothing i did changed it back to normal. I had to shut the music off for the rest of the game.

I had that issue as well. All I had to do was turn my TV off then back on and it fixed it.

RPGCrazied said:
not that I have a ps3, only ps2. Did they fix all the screen tearing that was in the ps2 versions?
Yes, it is locked at 60fps with no tearing and its anti-aliased so it looks clean as fuuuuu...

4082333682_e5195c6982_o.jpg

4081580867_65e6e298d3_o.jpg

Mr. Sam

Mm, that does look clean as fuuuu--

Even though these reported issues with Slim PS3s are putting me off, I think I'm gonna have to import this now.

i have this coming in the mail from gamefly, but i'm getting tired of waiting for it. if it isn't in my mailbox today, i'm gonna be pissed. is it possible to go postal waiting for the postman?

ACE 1991 said:
I'm about 1/3 through GoW 1. Just out of curiosity, how much better does GoW 2 look than 1?
The second screen I posted is from GOWII. Look at Kratos' model and just know that the rest of the game (enemies, environs, set pieces, etc.) had a similar overhaul and the HD makes even more evident. Jump into the second game as soon as you finish the first and see what you think :D

Ah wtf, here:

God of War

4081571755_49d57b13a4_o.jpg

God of War II

4081580867_65e6e298d3_o.jpg

So, I was playing, and I was dieing. I got the "Kicking my ass" achievement.

My problem is that I was jamming on the x buttom trying to start from the check point, and it through up a new menu screen that asked if I wanted to change difficulty. I was hitting x so fast that I barely could even see the screen pop up, and I just selected what was highlighted by default.

Did I change the difficulty? I reloaded from a save previous to the check point I was respawning at. I can't see any way of telling what difficulty I'm currently playing on.

Class_A_Ninja said:
Did I change the difficulty? I reloaded from a save previous to the check point I was respawning at. I can't see any way of telling what difficulty I'm currently playing on.
Default is "No". I was pressing X rapidly too during one of the moving platform + razor blades sequences and died a few times, getting this. I caught the screen just long enough to see it highlight No and then jump back in :lol

xenorevlis said:
Default is "No". I was pressing X rapidly too during one of the moving platform + razor blades sequences and died a few times, getting this. I caught the screen just long enough to see it highlight No and then jump back in :lol

Ha ha, Thanks. I should be OK, I think. Even if it did change it, I am not playing the beginning of God of War 1 any more times. This time I'm doing it. This time I'm gonna beat it.

Roxas

My import came in today. Soooo awesome. Though the in-game cutscene's look like assbiscuits. (At least in God of War, havent tried GoWII yet)

Willectro

Banned
So glad I bought this collection. Played both games but never finished either. Demo is pretty awesome too. Ah the backlog grows!

crispyben

Got my import copy, started God Of War, got up to the Hydra boss, pinned the first two heads to the deck, whent up there, beat the shit out of the last head, broke the mast twice, and now when I get the third QTE prompt (the circle), Kratos won't jump on the head... The Hydra will only attack me on the left end of the platform, I cannot make it attack me in the center where it seems the jump can be made, according to the videos I've seen... Am I screwed? Do I have to replay the gamz from te beginning? Thanks.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
crispyben said:
Got my import copy, started God Of War, got up to the Hydra boss, pinned the first two heads to the deck, whent up there, beat the shit out of the last head, broke the mast twice, and now when I get the third QTE prompt (the circle), Kratos won't jump on the head... The Hydra will only attack me on the left end of the platform, I cannot make it attack me in the center where it seems the jump can be made, according to the videos I've seen... Am I screwed? Do I have to replay the gamz from te beginning? Thanks.
If you're on the left side of the platform, Hydra attacks you there, if you're on the right side, it attacks you there - so just move to the right side?

crispyben

Lord Error said:
If you're on the left side of the platform, Hydra attacks you there, if you're on the right side, it attacks you there - so just move to the right side?
I thought of that, but unfortunately, since the checkpoint registered with it on the lefmost side after the first two QTEs, it bites there even when I stand on the opposite side. It notices me since it screams towards me, but it doesn't move towards me...

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Anyone else having trouble attaining trophies?

So far the Sirens and 100 hit combo trophies failed to register even though I did both over 6 times:(

Top Bottom