• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So why no Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts as a pack-in?

Am I missing something here? Viva Piñata was one as were Lego games, Forza 2, a Sonic game and Kung-Fu Panda. Doesn't Microsoft Game Studios own release from a year ago qualify for that? And wouldn't that set people up nice and good for the big Rare 'Project Natal' push next year? I mean the game is not selling now anyway, so why not?

And if any of you try to say that its because its a crappy game, take a good, hard, long look at the games that they HAVE included as pack-ins before you make such an inflammatory comment.

Thoughts?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I got Forza 2 and Viva with my xbox.. that was pretty awesome.

But I wish they would put Banjo in a bundle, might make it easier to find cheap (never see if anywhere here in Australia).

Sydle

Would make a good pack in, but it's not exactly casual friendly. Then again, neither is Viva Pinata.

I think they want to keep the spotlight on popular licensed titles and broadly-appealing third party releases going. Nuts & Bolts, I'm sure, would make a pretty good pack-in, but a Lego game draws more people in for purchase.

Stink

Darth Tigris said:
Am I missing something here? Viva Piñata was one as were Lego games, Forza 2, a Sonic game and Kung-Fu Panda. Doesn't Microsoft Game Studios own release from a year ago qualify for that? And wouldn't that set people up nice and good for the big Rare 'Project Natal' push next year? I mean the game is not selling now anyway, so why not?

And if any of you try to say that its because its a crappy game, take a good, hard, long look at the games that they HAVE included as pack-ins before you make such an inflammatory comment.

Thoughts?

all of the other mentioned games are far more likely to sell a console. They have appeal outside of core gaming.

Why For?

Banned
user_nat said:
I got Forza 2 and Viva with my xbox.. that was pretty awesome.

But I wish they would put Banjo in a bundle, might make it easier to find cheap (never see if anywhere here in Australia).

JB has it and for under 50 bucks. Not sure why you're struggling. I see it everywhere here in Melbourne.

Also, maybe it sold well enough to not need to bundle? Or they don't have a tonne of leftover copies they can't get rid of? (same thing no?)

Man, it completely perplexes me why every company doesn't pack in a game with their console. I remember my first system, the Sega Master System had Alex Kidd in Miracle World packed in. And many systems after that have come with packin games. And then for an entire decade....NOTHING! A HUGE part of the Wii's success is that it comes with a pack-in game. Wii Sports helps define the system, shows its core competencies, and makes the system that much more attractive for buyers.

Hell, look to older first party games. Project Gotham Racing 4 is NOT selling any more titles. Pack that in with EVERY 360 sold. Every single one. Pack in Shadowrun. Pack in Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved.

Sony should pack in the original Resistance and Motorstorm with every console. Those titles aren't making any more money. The benefits of including them (positive press coverage, increased console value, increased sales etc...) are greater than losing a couple of hundred sales.

Peff

It has been packed in Europe a few times too (without the actual cover and disc drawing and such). As a matter of fact a recent pack is GoW2 GOTY+Fable 2 GOTY+Halo 3+Nuts & Bolts which is pretty sweet, but yeah, it should be the standard for a "kiddie pack" or something, maybe with Kameo.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Why For? said:
JB has it and for under 50 bucks. Not sure why you're struggling. I see it everywhere here in Melbourne.

Also, maybe it sold well enough to not need to bundle? Or they don't have a tonne of leftover copies they can't get rid of? (same thing no?)
I honestly don't think I have ever seen it at a store, not sure I would even want to pay $50 for it though.

Vast Inspiration said:
Man, it completely perplexes me why every company doesn't pack in a game with their console. I remember my first system, the Sega Master System had Alex Kidd in Miracle World packed in. And many systems after that have come with packin games. And then for an entire decade....NOTHING! A HUGE part of the Wii's success is that it comes with a pack-in game. Wii Sports helps define the system, shows its core competencies, and makes the system that much more attractive for buyers.

Hell, look to older first party games. Project Gotham Racing 4 is NOT selling any more titles. Pack that in with EVERY 360 sold. Every single one. Pack in Shadowrun. Pack in Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved.

Sony should pack in the original Resistance and Motorstorm with every console. Those titles aren't making any more money. The benefits of including them (positive press coverage, increased console value, increased sales etc...) are greater than losing a couple of hundred sales.

Xbox 360 Elite with PGR4 and BK:N&B for $299? You know, that there is quite the appealing holiday bundle if I don't say so myself.

tak

I see no harm in having any of the Lego games as pack-ins. They're great games.

Plus, the Lego games are good for people of all ages.

ZeoVGM

Banned
They might not want new 360 owners having their first emotion while playing a game be that of disappointment.

This thread makes me want to go back and play more Nuts and Bolts. Such an awesome game; I haven't played it since the beginning of January, but in the week or so I played it, I put in something like fifty to sixty hours. :(

Second best game to come out in 2008 as far as I'm concerned.

omg rite said:
They might not want new 360 owners having their first emotion while playing a game be that of disappointment.
nomg wrong

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
I still have alot of fun just making random vehicles. If you havent made a vehicle with a seat and like 6 or so jets do it :lol

Also unlocking the super fuel/engine ect... Makes for some badass vehicles.

[Nintex]

I've got two copies now because every Xbox 360 Arcade in Europe is bundled with it:
2zg6m1f.jpg

Top Bottom