• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 46, 2015

BF sales seem really solid with a strong share on PS4. Obviously helped by bundles however both sides had good bundles with BF in all under £300.

Only 2 or 3 days of tracking in launch week. TR 2013 had a 72% drop in 2nd week, but it had 5 days of tracking in launch week.

This is what I kept trying to tell people. The game is doing really Quiet well, when you consider when it launched and on what day. People jumped the gun like crazy

This is what I kept trying to tell people. The game is doing really Quiet well, when you consider when it launched and on what day. People jumped the gun like crazy

But most games launch on a Friday, and with pre-orders and first day sales they are heavily front loaded. Hence anyone who uses the "only 2 days" excuse always gets short shrift, I'm afraid.

Kyonashi

About Tomb Raider, that was the ceiling, the high limit. We never got the actual number. I tried to play Kyonashi's game by guessing the first week, but he never answered *littlesadinside*

What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

Here's the top 10 in full:

1 Star Wars Battlefront
2 Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
3 Fallout 4
4 FIFA 16
5 Rise of the Tomb Raider
6 Lego Dimensions
7 Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
8 Minecraft Story Mode
9 WWE 2K16
10 Need for Speed

Bruno MB

I'd go with an higher guess, thus an higher estimate for TFU's first week since SW:B PS4 first week > Destiny PS4 first week; otherwise, PC+One sales split would be way too low.

Probably second week sales were more skewed towards Wii and PS2 versions than first one (360 48% PS3 30% Wii 15%)

September 2008 Individual Format Top Ten (90%)

01 [WII] Wii Fit (173,000)
02 [WII] Mario Kart Wii (148,000)
03 [360] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (106,000)
04 [WII] Wii Play (97,000)
05 [360] Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (77,000)
06 [WII] Big Beach Sports (75,000)
07 [WII] Carnival Funfair Games (68,000)
08 [PS3] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (67,000)
09 [WII] Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (65,000)
10 [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (57,000)

The top 3 games in the All Formats Chart remain the same for a second week as Lucasarts’ ‘Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’ holds on to No1 despite a 38% drop in sales.

But most games launch on a Friday, and with pre-orders and first day sales they are heavily front loaded. Hence anyone who uses the "only 2 days" excuse always gets short shrift, I'm afraid.

Yeh, You are right most games launch on a friday, but a lot around this time of year launch on a tuesday. People went ballistic tho, like straight up crazy talk.

Good to see hit have some legs. hitting like 100 thousand on pretty much one platform is very very good.

Conduit

Banned

No! Game sold bad. ROTR had a whole last week for sale and it could sold in 150k copies more, BUT IT DIDN'T. ROTR sold 92k for 2 weeks, TR 2013 over 230k for 2 weeks.

Yeh, You are right most games launch on a friday, but a lot around this time of year launch on a tuesday. People went ballistic tho, like straight up crazy talk.

Good to see hit have some legs. hitting like 100 thousand on pretty much one platform is very very good.

One platform? OK

Tratorn

Sadly we can't really calculate TR sales. It should be a good chunk below 56,7k last week, because this calculation was based on a 49,99% split for the XB1 version of AC:Syndicate IIRC. And in reality this was surely quite a bit lower, considering AC does normally better on PS4 than XB1. If we had the real AC split, we could've calculated the "real" maximum.

Hasney

Sadly we can't really calculate TR sales. It should be a good chunk below 56,7k last week, because this calculation was based on a 49,99% split for the XB1 version of AC:Syndicate IIRC. And in reality this was surely quite a bit lower, considering AC does normally better on PS4 than XB1. If we had the real AC split, we could've calculated the "real" maximum.

We now know it was 42,000

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's 312k at least, yes.

EDIT: Probably Bruno has a better estimate for Destiny PS4 than 184,000

Kyonashi

Fallout 4 now the dust has settled. Had a bigger debut than anyone other than Brucie predicted.
85468672-bruce-forsyth-attends-the-royal-television-gettyimages.jpg

Top Bottom