• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015 Thread: Keighley's Last Supper

I wonder what is coming to Halo 5 in 2016 that Bonnie Ross couldn't talk about? Anyway, the new maps look awesome... especially Overgrowth. And new content every month sounds fantastic.... give it all to me 343i!

NotLiquid

Geoff just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Konami, after hearing about this, is not going to want to support Metal Gear, nor will they help any of The Game Awards. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Geoff has alienated an entire market with this move.

Geoff, publicly apologize and retract your statement or you can kiss your award ceremony goodbye.

I think explaining why they can't present an award to its recipient when the award itself is being presented makes this a little more excusable than just a random quip.

I agree but I also don't feel strongly either way. Just my observations and thoughts on how it made Konami sound evil instead of just having a possibly typical contract.

Also what is an alpha 2.0 . .

Shenmue

Banned
Don't know why people are scolding Geoff.

He has no NDA, no contract with Konami, he can say whatever he wants. It's not even slander because it's the truth. If anything Konami can go to Kojima for revealing what happened to Geoff.

Pre-awards announcements:
  • New content for Kung Fury
  • Goat Simulator DLC
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC

Awards:
  • Best Family Game: Super Mario Maker
  • Best Fighting Game: Mortal Kombat X
  • Best Multiplayer Game: Splatoon
  • Best Mobile Game: Lara Croft Go
  • Best eSport Team: Uptic Gaming
  • Best eSport Player: Kenny
  • Best eSport Game: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Most Anticipated Game: No Man's Sky
  • Best Narrative: Her Story
  • Most Trending Gamer: Greg Miller
  • Best Indie Game: Rocket League
  • Best Sports/Racing Game: Rocket League
  • Most Impact Game: Life Is Strange
  • Best Fan Creation: Portal Stories
  • Developer of the Year: CD Projekt Red
  • Best Art Direction: Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Industry Icon: Westwood Studios
  • Best Action/Adventure Game: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Best Soundtrack: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

World Premieres:
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (new character is introduced)
  • Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn is announced (featuring Shaquille O'Neal)
  • Batman from Telltale Games announced.
  • First gameplay footage of Far Cry: Primal.
  • Psychonauts 2 announced. Crowd funded at Fig.
  • Quantum Break with a brand new trailer. Coming April 5.
  • Rock Band VR coming to Oculus Rift in 2016.
  • Shadow Complex: Remastered is now available for free on PC. Coming to PS4 and Xbox One in 2016.
  • Rocket League comes to Xbox One with Gears of War and Halo cars in Februar 2016.

Other Announcements:
  • New Tron Run/R game announced.
  • Geoff announces 3 short films with focus on up-and-coming indie studios. Watch at: madewith.unity.com
  • Lego Avengers coming January 26
  • Bethesda announces, that they're giving away $1 million to someone playing Elder Scrolls: Online.

Thanks for the list and btw ShaqFu a Legend Reborn wasn't announced here. We had a thread about its announcement and campaign last year. We got a new trailer though.

NeonBlack

Keighley:
765821eea65a9957259e4fc66d526a8b.gif

Keighley pulled the lever.

Top Bottom