• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 8th

Sure, I agree in theory. I still doubt the numbers impact a bit.

400k is a pretty massive increase. We'll see soon enough I suppose. Even my own predictions were a bit on the optimistic side.

Yeah for sure ha. Mine were incredibly optimistic for each I think, but if I'm brutally honest I just find being incredibly wrong or surprisingly right more entertaining than being slightly on/off either way. The thread will be great either way though.

Kyougar

Well wouldn't r&d already began if they are making another one ?

I thought about that, but this far out of a new console release, there shouldnt be massive cost involved yet. And companys do R&D for new products even if they dont have greenlit the endproduct yet.

So I think R&D is already happening, but not in big Money numbers and this would happen regardless if XBOX2 was greenlit or not.

Everyone kept talking about Black Friday. And $299 deals. And thats great it really is.

But BO3 and FO4 and Battlefront weren't just sitting there. They were selling consoles

sense

people that love to say console gaming is dead can go back in the hole for this month i guess :) man it was toxic last month because ps4 underperformed even with a price cut not realizing people probably just waited for bundles, nov games and black friday

So, biggest 8th gen HW unit sales month ever. Console order rank in aggregate good. PS4/Xone were predicted conservatively, Wii U too aggressively.

Enjoy the PR.

Boke1879

Everyone kept talking about Black Friday. And $299 deals. And thats great it really is.

But BO3 and FO4 and Battlefront weren't just sitting there. They were nuking consoles

Exactly. These were the 3 biggest releases of the month and they no doubt sold consoles. I can't wait.

If wii u did won though
that would be friken hillarious.
If Splatoon did better than Halo 5....
Holy Shit the meltdown!
This might be comedy gold in the next hour.

Welfare

So, biggest 8th gen HW unit sales month ever. Console order rank in aggregate good. PS4/Xone were predicted conservatively, Wii U too aggressively.

Enjoy the PR.

This better not be one of those months were my first predictions were closer than the final one.

Also this means XB1+PS4+WIU = > 2.95m

Top Bottom