• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

I just don't see why a cop Hyper would make a gambit like that in the first place. Why draw votes to himself at all? A cop needs to keep low if he is to be useful to town. I just can't see why Hyper would do something like that if he really were a cop.

I have no idea why people do this, but the cop in NX did this.

Not bastard roles, but that most of the players are PRs. They may not all be useful PRs however, there are almost certainly some negative utility roles.

So, you think there are no ordinary roles?

Regarding rb-ing Hyper for the rest of the game, I thought about that and how that is useful for town overall since other roles can do their thing (unless there are two scum roleblockers, certainly possible). However, this logic only applies if you really think that Hyper is Cosmos, which I currently don't believe.

You think it's possible there are two scum roleblockers? Really?

And you're thinking that a town roleblocker blocked a scum investigator?

However, if we have some Cosmos switchers, they could switch Hyper tonight and hopefully we actually get some results from him tomorrow, even if Chaos attempts to rb him.

Ok, so why should we vote him out if there is a possibility of there being switchers?

Swamped

Banned
I have no idea why people do this, but the cop in NX did this.

Then it's stupid and confusing. The only way I can see it being a town gambit is if Hyper is trying to draw a mafia kill. But if so he should have come clean today, or else I'm chasing a dead lead.

So, you think there are no ordinary roles?

No, I said 'most' roles are probably PRs, just like in the HP game. Scrafty herself said that ordinary roles are job titles, so they must exist in the game. However she also gave this game an 8 on the Crab scale, meaning role madness.

Ok, slow down. Two scum roleblockers is not outside the realm of possibility if this is indeed a role madness game. Additionally, if I remember correctly, the first mafia game had two mafia RB-ers.

I'm not saying that Hyper is a scum investigator. I'm saying he's Chaos, and could very well be lying about being roleblocked. It gives us a 'reason' why he is still alive, despite claiming the most dangerous role to the Chaos team.

Ok, so why should we vote him out if there is a possibility of there being switchers?

I said this because I am not sure if Hyper will actually get voted out today. But if he isn't, and if he keeps remaining alive, then we need to lynch him, especially if he never delivers results. It's just super suspect. I mentioned the possibility of switchers in case I'm wrong about Hyper and he is indeed cosmos.

I want to vote him out today because he is currently my top chaos. I just don't see how his gambit helped town.

---

I'm working on that reads list, luckily we have an extra day but I won't be able to do it tomorrow or the day after...Expect it some time tonight!

Swamped

Banned
Then it's stupid and confusing. The only way I can see it being a town gambit is if Hyper is trying to draw a mafia kill. But if so he should have come clean today, or else I'm chasing a dead lead.

No, I said 'most' roles are probably PRs, just like in the HP game. Scrafty herself said that ordinary roles are job titles, so they must exist in the game. However she also gave this game an 8 on the Crab scale, meaning role madness.

Ok, slow down. Two scum roleblockers is not outside the realm of possibility if this is indeed a role madness game. Additionally, if I remember correctly, the first mafia game had two mafia RB-ers.

I'm not saying that Hyper is a scum investigator. I'm saying he's Chaos, and could very well be lying about being roleblocked. It gives us a 'reason' why he is still alive, despite claiming the most dangerous role to the Chaos team.

I said this because I am not sure if Hyper will actually get voted out today. But if he isn't, and if he keeps remaining alive, then we need to lynch him, especially if he never delivers results. It's just super suspect. I mentioned the possibility of switchers in case I'm wrong about Hyper and he is indeed cosmos.

I want to vote him out today because he is currently my top chaos. I just don't see how his gambit helped town.

---

I'm working on that reads list, luckily we have an extra day but I won't be able to do it tomorrow or the day after...Expect it some time tonight!

Ugh...edited.

Swamped, you are scum.

Aside from your constant pushing on Hyper, who has provided very strong evidence to his being an investigator through his roleclaim which can easily be refuted (such is the nature of these named role games), you seem to be intentionally or unintentionally implying that you have a role.

Besides, FF Mafia is essentially a role madness game, it's inevitable that we'll lynch some PRs.

Not bastard roles, but that most of the players are PRs. They may not all be useful PRs however, there are almost certainly some negative utility roles.

I had no thoughts one way or the other on whether this game was a role madness game or not; you just brought it up pretty randomly and eager to push that point. There are a few problems with this approach.

First, it would be a statement someone who has a role would make, because of the roles they've seen (the 6 roleclaims + their own role), they've all been PRs. You're only using Scrafty's claim that there are ordinary roles in the game as a point of reference on that.

However, and perhaps more alarming if you follow that logic, you make these statements without thinking of the implications. A person with an important PR would be thinking more carefully about what information they broadcast. If someone with a role makes a statement that alludes to them having a PR, like you have been doing, they know that unless they announce themselves as having an innocuous role, they will be killed during the night phase. There is only one reason why you would be so careless, and it's because you know you're protected from being killed - because you are mafia.

There's also the point that you're willing to throw Hyper under the bus, despite his utility. If he's not able to use his investigation, he can at least keep the RB busy for another turn or two. A willingness to sacrifice PRs, or even just townies, is a big scum tell.

VOTE: Swamped

Swamped

Banned
Launchpad, you are better than this. Think . You are reading too much into my PR statements.

If I'm getting lynched today (and it's possible given that Darryl has the double vote and is also suspicous of me), it's not the end of the world. The way people have been interacting with me should be pretty telling. But i promise to post my reads list this day phase at the very least.

Launchpad, you are better than this. Think . You are reading too much into my PR statements.

I'm not better than this.

If I'm getting lynched today (and it's possible given that Darryl has the double vote and is also suspicous of me), it's not the end of the world. The way people have been interacting with me should be pretty telling. But i promise to post my reads list this day phase at the very least.

Why is it not the end of the world?

Awake now

I just don't see why a cop Hyper would make a gambit like that in the first place. Why draw votes to himself at all? A cop needs to keep low if he is to be useful to town. I just can't see why Hyper would do something like that if he really were a cop.

I'll be honest with you, I had 0 idea as to how quickly the bandwagon was going to turn around on me. I was expecting to draw a couple of the votes, get scum off my back as a scummy player they could easily get lynched, etc. etc. It was a vote to prove a point, not to self-lynch

I'm questioning how exactly you know this. You and a couple other players have called this role madness, but I've seen nothing official to confirm or even hint towards this. I might be wrong, maybe Scrafty said this on the sign up sheet or something, but I personally haven't seen anything

Regarding rb-ing Hyper for the rest of the game, I thought about that and how that is useful for town overall since other roles can do their thing (unless there are two scum roleblockers, certainly possible). However, this logic only applies if you really think that Hyper is Cosmos, which I currently don't believe.

However, if we have some Cosmos switchers, they could switch Hyper tonight and hopefully we actually get some results from him tomorrow, even if Chaos attempts to rb him.

Already addressed this, but yeah, you covered this yourself
Because

A. You're doing what scum wants, doing their job for them
B. A possible town switcher (perhaps x-shot or something) could come to my rescue
C. I use up the scum-team's role block if indeed that's what is going on
D. If this has to do with some passive ability of Xam's, then I might still get results on others
E. A town watcher could come to my rescue
etc. etc.

Hyper - why did you investigate Xam N1? During D1 you made it quite clear that you believed Xam was a PR, and that you didn't want him lynched no matter what. Shouldn't you have investigated someone else, since you thought Xam was Cosmos?

The specific words I used was "Possible pr".

A. Xam had not been there to defend himself, as he indicated in the thread
B. I was sure he had a named role.

Of course, that means pr and scum, and while I gave Xam brownie points for seemingly trying to improve, another reason I was more supportive on a lynch on some of the other inactives/fluffy posters, I also didn't want to develop a huge blind spot in my defense of him.

Not a fan of reads lists, but things seem to have slowed down since Sorian was killed. I think it may be beneficial for me to pick up some of the slack.

Darryl - It's a bit hard to swallow for me, personally, but I think Darryl is town. He made a Zidane claim - that's pretty risky. We know he can double vote. Unless Zidane had a bad guy turn I don't recall, I think I'll trust Darryl for now.

Xamtheking - Made a risky roleclaim. I'm inclined to believe him unless someone contests it.

I'm gonna have to take issue with some of the logic at display here. If Scrafty was smart (which she is XD), she would have provided safe fake claims to scum, and, learning from the mistakes of the mods before her, given scum main characters to work with. There's 0 indication that Zidane or Squall being claimed necessarily means these two are more likely town.

Swamped

Banned
I'm not better than this.

Why is it not the end of the world?

Meh, i just don't really feel like fighting. But i would like the chance to look at some other players. I don't want to get fixated on one person and then they turn out to be Cosmos, would tell us hardly anything lol. Should have more time tonight or tomorrow morning!

I'm gonna have to take issue with some of the logic at display here. If Scrafty was smart (which she is XD), she would have provided safe fake claims to scum, and, learning from the mistakes of the mods before her, given scum main characters to work with. There's 0 indication that Zidane or Squall being claimed necessarily means these two are more likely town.

There's a reason why I believe this logic holds in spite of that, but I can't reveal what it is right now.

Swamped

Banned
I'm questioning how exactly you know this. You and a couple other players have called this role madness, but I've seen nothing official to confirm or even hint towards this. I might be wrong, maybe Scrafty said this on the sign up sheet or something, but I personally haven't seen anything

I swear Scrafty said this was an 8 on the Crab scale. I distinctly remember thinking that the Heist and FF games were very different from each other, yet recruiting at the same time. I thought it was funny.

Ourobolus

Banned
That means we're in a bastard game, all hail the death Miller!!!

Can some one post a vote count, for some reason the tool isn't working for me.

The tool is likely going to be down for another week or two - Flush said he was having issues getting into it since he's off on holiday.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
e37.png

Scraaaaaaafty please sort us out! We shouldn't be arguing about this lol.

Who's the most beautiful in the cosmos? You are!

It was an 8 at one point but it's more balanced now. Ouro says he'd give it about a 6 in its current state, possibly a 7.

I'll get working on a vote count now, btw. Sorry that it's coming so late; I was out for most of yesterday.

Darryl (1):
Zippedpinhead (1008)

Hyperactivity (2):
Pop-O-Matic (1032)
LaunchpadMcQ (1069) (1096)
Swamped (1139)
nin1000 (1140) (1147)

Pop-O-Matic (0):
Hyperactivity (1033) (1048)

Blargonaut (0):
Hyperactivity (1048) (1081)

LaunchpadMcQ (2)
Hyperactivity (1081)
TheAwesomePossum (1102)

TheAwesomePossum (0):
LaunchpadMcQ (1100) (1137)
nin1000 (1103) (1115)

Xamtheking (1):
Blargonaut (1126)

Seath (0):
LaunchpadMcQ (1137) (1159)

nin1000 (2):
TL21xx (1138)
Terrabyte20xx (1172)

Swamped(1):
LaunchpadMcQ (1159)

Tool is down
Also, my plane had wifi, so I can be in here for a few hours

oh goody.

Xam, thoughts on anything? On me? My roleblock? Swamped? nin1000? etc. Anything?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but we probably have an official town consensus on this, Xam can we get an official statement on whether you have an ascetic type role (all night actions besides kills fail when performed on you)

oh goody.

Xam, thoughts on anything? On me? My roleblock? Swamped? nin1000? etc. Anything?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but we probably have an official town consensus on this, Xam can we get an official statement on whether you have an ascetic type role (all night actions besides kills fail when performed on you)
I do not have an ascetic(the fuck does that mean in English) type role.

I don't have any sort of passive or active ability to negate actions targeted against me or circumvent them in any way, shape, or form.
That is my final answer, Your Honor.

oh goody.

thoughts?

Top Bottom