• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 3.15 releasing tonight

Danlord

As awesome as the stability is, they've (seemingly) fixed the annoying issue with games autoplaying livestreams when you go down into a game tab. It shows screenshots first, then if you scroll across and find a video, it will pause if you deselect it.

Vashetti

Banned
As awesome as the stability is, they've (seemingly) fixed the annoying issue with games autoplaying livestreams when you go down into a game tab. It shows screenshots first, then if you scroll across and find a video, it will pause if you deselect it.

Nice!

Vashetti

Banned
is there CFW caround or why was there a firmware update?

There was an exploit announced last month wasn't there? Though I think you had to be on really old firmware to use it.

So this update might have done something for that, but it could also be laying the groundwork for future updates.

androvsky

I was going to make a thread this week to bitch about the lack of feature updates for the PS4.

The last one bringing anything new was in September I believe?

Considering their "recent" teasing survey about new features I had hoped they would announce something at PSX and a release in December/January but nope. And here we are 4 months later and meeeeehhhhhhh :/
The PS4 gets feature updates every six months whether we like it or not. Expect something late February or early March.

That said some of those features didn't need a firmware update, like an improved Media Player.

TL24

Lmao this thread has so much win that I feel like my life is officially complete now..... Or stabilized

53364516.jpg

mTMSvEg.gif

So I had my PS4 sitting there for six hours this morning backing up for a HDD swap tonight, but in order to watch Netflix I had to upgrade the firmware. Then I read this:

Does this mean my current backup won't work if I try to restore when I put my new HDD in? I tried to find somewhere with the legacy firmware files but couldn't find them. I'd rather not have to sit here while it backs up again.

Reading it, they basically mean that the restore has to be on the firmware that backed up or later. I actually did the same thing last night: backed up my PS4 to swap in my new 1TB drive, then saw this announcement and was like "well..." and read the support doc. You can just put 3.15 onto the USB drive and it'll be fine.

What I have learned it Stability updates happen when new things happen to SDK's i.e. new features being implemented or memory allocation ect... It's laying the ground work for what is to come.

Part of me suspects they are saving all the stuff they know we want for a PS4 FW 4 and they market it as being full of requested features 4theplayers etc

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Weird, my system must have auto installed it. Just logged on with 3.15 already installed. I thought system updates were still manual installs.

I saw an option related to installing FW updates in the background/rest mode in addition to the option that lets you download them in the background.

ODDI

That's weird I got a system update this morning before I left for work didn't noticed the version no. tho,

Sony really needs to stabilize their network. For a while before this update I was getting like 90% of my maximum speeds. ~40mb down and ~4mb up out of 50/5. A few days before this update and now after it I'm only getting about 30/3.

Justified

Hate to break it so many pages in, but it was a performance update.

Anyone got any funny performance gifs?

Without Performance update <<<<>>>>>With Performance Update
Popeye-BlutoMuscleConpariskon.gif

Sony really needs to stabilize their network. For a while before this update I was getting like 90% of my maximum speeds. ~40mb down and ~4mb up out of 50/5. A few days before this update and now after it I'm only getting about 30/3.

its not the "Network" Its the backend server calls (IMO)

Can the system handle more performance without extra stability to compensate for it? Will the console start to wobble? Why can't the engineers consider these things? It's like Tim Taylor is working for Sony.

Ive heard reports of less wobbling but as stability was not specified in the update I am concerned and a little afraid about what's going to happen when I turn it on tonight. What if the oscillation hits the resonating frequency of the PS4? In that case it could wobble violently around the room and even hurt pets while shaking itself to parts.

I need answers. Does anyone actually know the resonating frequency of playstation? I'm not an expert in that area.

I have no idea if it's related to the update, but I can't connect to the internet anymore. Anyone else having similar problems?

Can't even test my internet connection.

edit: restarted my PS4 about 4 times and now it works. lol

Chronos24

So all memes and gifs aside, have we even looked at anything performance wise that may have improved? Could be placebo but it seems like some things load a little faster. Played some Bloodborne and again...could be serious placebo... But I swear that shit was loading faster on everything. Anyone else notice anything at all?

onQ123

Watching twitch streams over Live with Playstation does not work for me anymore.

Yeah you just get the 'The broadcast has been stopped.' screen whenever it's a twitch stream.

hopefully they get it fixed.

I wonder what they could have done to cause this bug?

perk1n

Yeah you just get the 'The broadcast has been stopped.' screen whenever it's a twitch stream.

hopefully they get it fixed.

I wonder what they could have done to cause this bug?

Yep, exactly my problem and still no twitch app in Germany.

Top Bottom