• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

nin1000

Banned
Here is a sneak peak of what you can expect, Gorlak :

enhanced-buzz-8531-1380080030-7.jpg

hahahhahahahahhahaha

NEVER FORGET xD

RetroMG

I don't know why we don't do this more often to be honest. It's less interesting to catch up on at the end

The S5 game runners decided they wanted spectator chat to be as spoiler free as possible, at least until the dead start marching in. I don't question, I just make the boards.

Sophia

Innnteresting partner list. Don't think I've ever personally met Ty4on before. But no matter, our love shall transcend the waters and charm even the silliest of bears~!

cabot

Innnteresting partner list. Don't think I've ever personally met Ty4on before. But no matter, our love shall transcend the waters and charm even the silliest of bears~!

will your love have power ballads though?

we're going power ballad.

Burbeting

Banned
So, re: Love Boat;

Will the scum players have a chat for their own group?

There will be a single scum chat for the scum team. I will obviously give them information about how the town chats function, so that town can't win with lazy tactics like "everyone tell some certain word from your chat introduction post!".

Ty4on and Pau were awesome in Danganronpa! He's got experience in this partnering business, methinks! :>

I miss Pau ;___;

cabot

can't help but to feel you're underselling Flame there.

If anything, you're clearly C3PO.

Redundant and a nightmare of rust.

Coppanuva

can't help but to feel you're underselling Flame there.

If anything, you're clearly C3PO.

Redundant and a nightmare of rust.

I... yeah probably. But I mean... (Actual spoilers here)
I had to consider who lived longer when I put the avatars on a character

Sorian

Banned
I... yeah probably. But I mean... (Actual spoilers here)
I had to consider who lived longer when I put the avatars on a character

Taking one for the team? Admirable!

You find out that you're Wendy Oldbag on Wednesday

Oops spoilers

Also, before anyone gets offended at me possibly doing something to ruin the game, Wendy is the example role PM that will be in the OP of my game, she's not in the game because she is obnoxious :p

Burbeting

Banned
The Boat will start February 14th (Valentine's Day!), But pms are going today along with main thread opening up, since everyone has a chance to pregame this time.

Karkador

Banned
There will be a single scum chat for the scum team. I will obviously give them information about how the town chats function, so that town can't win with lazy tactics like "everyone tell some certain word from your chat introduction post!".

So you're saying scum isn't in any of the pairings?

Burbeting

Banned
Huh.

So this is just a 15 player game where each player has two heads? Does half of the roster not have to play?

The design itself treats the game as 15 player game, yeah. And we'll, in theory yes, but having one side be inactive is a sure way to get both of you lynched. Obviously typical activity rules apply.

Sorian

Banned
Huh.

So this is just a 15 player game where each player has two heads? Does half of the roster not have to play?

To add to Burb's response a bit more. Yes, theoretically, only half of the players would need to play for this to work but this is Gafia. If half of a pair is being oddly quiet then people are going to pounce on that and the other half of the pair will suffer. This will also be in the opening post when Burb puts up the thread but the voting will be for the pair and not for a specific player. So if they wanted to lynch you, they have to put in a VOTE: Karkador and Zippedpinhead.

Edit: And while it is a "15 player" game, there are still 30 votes running around because pairs can vote independently of each other.

Burbeting

Banned
I think the concept etc. Will be more clarified once game thread/role PMs go up later today.

But what Sorian stated is all true.

Kawl_USC

lol Maybe start making plans after you get a role and read the rules :p

Actually, no, your plans are best off the cuff, just keep doing what you're doing.

Frankly, Splinter's plans scare me. Getting a small glimpse into his thought process with the on the fly adjustments for the island....frightening.

Karkador

Banned
To add to Burb's response a bit more. Yes, theoretically, only half of the players would need to play for this to work but this is Gafia. If half of a pair is being oddly quiet then people are going to pounce on that and the other half of the pair will suffer. This will also be in the opening post when Burb puts up the thread but the voting will be for the pair and not for a specific player. So if they wanted to lynch you, they have to put in a VOTE: Karkador and Zippedpinhead.

I don't know, seems like needless invitation to metagame nonsense. Players are inactive all the time. "Your counterpart, who shares all the same alignment and role info as you, is being quiet, there MUST be something up with you two!" doesn't make sense.

#scraping the #bottom of the #scumtell #barrel.

Edit: And while it is a "15 player" game, there are still 30 votes running around because pairs can vote independently of each other.

I can't imagine why I'd want to ever disagree with someone who I know the role/alignment of.

Sorian

Banned
I don't know, seems like needless invitation to metagame nonsense. Players are inactive all the time. "Your counterpart, who shares all the same alignment and role info as you, is being quiet, there MUST be something up with you two!" doesn't make sense.

#scraping the #bottom of the #scumtell #barrel.

I can't imagine why I'd want to ever disagree with someone who I know the role/alignment of.

Gafia gonna Gafia :p

To your second point about the vote, teammates just don't always agree. Knowing that your partner is your same alignment doesn't make you a hive mind.

Top Bottom