• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hades 2 Technical Test signups are now live on Steam

52fcpnh.png

About the Hades II Technical Test​

We're conducting the Hades II Technical Test prior to our Early Access launch to help us find and solve any technical issues we might have missed thus far, to ensure anyone who tries Hades II in Early Access can have a smooth play experience from the start. The Technical Test contains much less content than what's in store for the Early Access launch, and may be available only to a relatively small subset of players who express interest in participating.

How to Sign Up​

We are using Steam Playtest to run the Hades II Technical Test. If you'd like to be considered for participation, you can sign up right now simply by heading to the Hades II Steam page, and clicking the button marked 'Request Access'.

If you're a content creator, you may also request a key using Keymailer, though please note that due to the nature of the Technical Test, we may not be able to honor all such requests.

Who Gets to Participate​

A subset of players who request access will be invited to participate via an email from Steam with download instructions. We expect to start with a small player population, then grow it over time. So, even if you aren't invited to the Technical Test right away, you may still be invited later. Our process boils down to: invite some players, fix any problems they run into, invite more players, and so on. Once we're sufficiently confident that things are stable, we'll wind down the Technical Test, then launch in Early Access on Steam and the Epic Games Store relatively soon after.As the purpose of the Technical Test is to test the game with a relatively small audience, we may not be able to honor individual requests to participate. We will do our best to conduct the Technical Test as expeditiously as possible, then launch in Early Access, at which point the game will be available for anyone to purchase and play.

Technical Test Duration​

The nature of the Test is such that we don't know exactly how long it will last, though our estimate is longer than a week, shorter than a month. We likewise don't know exactly when we will launch Hades II in Early Access, since that will depend on how long we end up having to run the Technical Test for.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Sick. I hope I get in.

Pass on the technical test, but sounds like early access launch is not far off at all. I will definitely be in for that.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Launching in early access? Did they say how long they anticipate early access to go? Did they launch the first one that way?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hope they pick me. I've played through to the true ending on the first game a total of 6 times now. Very hyped for the next game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Watching that stream above. Day funking one.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

I clicked this and was like “what idiot is STREAMING their playtest?? Surely there’s an NDA on streaming a technical test before release.” Then I saw it was Supergiant Games lol. Legends.

Boralf

Because I really liked Zagreus. I’d hate for this just to be a case of them changing the lead character to female as a way to be more inclusive to the ladies. But if there’s a narrative reason that makes sense, then I’m ok. I just don’t like change for the sake of it.
Why would you think they would do it to be inclusive? They also did Transistor.

I also liked Zagreus, but I wouldn't want another game with him. It would probably lead to a game that has too much similarities to Hades (1). I like that they change character (and setting).

Also, this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinoë for reasoning.

Last edited:
Some quick deets from the Hades 2 technical test livestream via Okami13:
  • Direct sequel
  • Melinoe is the new protagonist, features a different playstyle than Zagreus.
  • Chronos is the main antagonist (Titan of Time)
  • Requires no knowledge of the previous game or Greek mythology

drotahorror

Shit is pretty legit. Haven't killed the first boss yet, died twice when she turns me into a sheep or w/e. Just got a new weapon. Definitely feels like more of the same but I dig it and haven't played Hades 1 in quite some time. Kind of feel like going back to it now. The gameplay loop is still fun af.

Last edited:

Eesha

Neo Member
It seems they have learned to not release in early access only on Epic, is till remeber the first one was basically ignored until the grand release on Steam.

In any case, good luck whit you early access

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Day one. I don’t like rogue lites/likes at all but the bitch easy mode in Hades 1 allowed me to enjoy the story and gameplay without feeling like I’m lighting my time on fire.

Because I really liked Zagreus. I’d hate for this just to be a case of them changing the lead character to female as a way to be more inclusive to the ladies. But if there’s a narrative reason that makes sense, then I’m ok. I just don’t like change for the sake of it.
I have some decent news... the DEI Regime could be crumbling down. I've heard it's main Proprietor; Larry Fink was having a fucking meltdown because people: The General Population, don't give a fuck about that stupid shit and mandating checkboxes. The more they do that shit and push nonsense, the more I see people pushing back.
We'll still see it, but, just maybe... this could be the beginning of the end. Hopefully.

drotahorror

Day one. I don’t like rogue lites/likes at all but the bitch easy mode in Hades 1 allowed me to enjoy the story and gameplay without feeling like I’m lighting my time on fire.

There's a God mode in this, not sure how much easier it makes it though. You should check out Rogue Legacy 2, it has a n 'easy' mode as well.

After around 8 or 9 attempts, I've killed the boss 3x in a row now. Very fun and can't wait to play more when it releases. I'm tapped out on it, nothing to do afaik.

GymWolf

Yeah, it's gonna be hard not controlling my boy zagreus in the sequel, dude had a wonderful VA.

John Bilbo

I recall the devs really utilizing the early access route in a beneficial way for the end product last time. I have confidence they can pull it off again.

Robb

Gold Member
I’ll be holding out until the final release, but hoping it’s as good, or even better, than the first.

Dutchy

I’d hate for this just to be a case of them changing the lead character to female as a way to be more inclusive to the ladies. But if there’s a narrative reason that makes sense, then I’m ok. I just don’t like change for the sake of it.
What? I can assure you that Zagreus drew in a lot more women than Melinoe will lol. Mfer almost got me doubting my sexual orientation.

Also the main story theme of the first game is literally about a disfunctional family. By the end you will properly know everyone. With how huge greek mythology is, why wouldn't you want to be introduced to a whole new side of things? Not everything is political, my man.

Top Bottom