• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom x Microsoft announcement...Monster Hunter Frontier Online. Stand down, people

RBH

creamsugar said:
No news till Japan time 17:00, you should go to sleep now. :lol
onken said:
OK, yes this is from Kotaku's twitter but what the hell:

Basically it says there's an embargo on till 5pm Japan time (another 2h25m). You gotta laugh.
28vbs40.gif

Time for bed.

neptunes

Ugh, I know it's aimed at the Japanese but

Why can't they just drop the subscription fees, thats the only thing stopping from succeeding in the West.

Tenbatsu

Agnates said:
I dunno? Just going by thisFrontier sounds like it has enhancements and changes for a more MMO-esque feel so even if localised it may have to retain the fees.
Check with Sp0rsk, he played it. Too MMO-esque for my liking thou.

Mandoric

Banned
Jonnyram said:
If this is being announced today, I wonder if FFXIV will also be announced, since both would need the same rule-bending to get running on XBL, I assume.

They're having a live in a month, so it might get held, but that would make it a given.

Colocho

Banned
Godammit, I'll be out all day tomorrow (Metallica concert fuck yeah!!) so I won't know the megaton till wednesday. Oh well.

Agnates

Banned
Colocho said:
Godammit, I'll be out all day tomorrow (Metallica concert fuck yeah!!) so I won't know the megaton till wednesday. Oh well.
Someone surely will have an iphone (or anything with a browser) you can check on :D

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Jonnyram said:
If this is being announced today, I wonder if FFXIV will also be announced, since both would need the same rule-bending to get running on XBL, I assume.

We don't know what S-E's specific beef with MS is, though. Is it allowing Silver members to play? Cross-platform play with PS3? Both?

It'll be deeply interesting to see if MHF is playable with Silver...

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Let's face it, this is totally Monster Hunter and it's totally a shitty announcement. The denial is funny, but as a 360 fan and as a Capcom fan, it's doubly dissapointing. If there is one Capcom franchise, I never got the appeal of, it's Monster Hunter. I bought 2 on PSP and sold it, a few days later. I won't be had again, with a 360 version.

amodf

How was Phantasy Star Universe handled on 360? That was fee-based wasn't it, did that require Gold on top of the monthly fee?

TheCardPlayer said:
Let's face it, this is totally Monster Hunter and it's totally a shitty announcement. The denial is funny, but as a 360 fan and as a Capcom fan, it's doubly dissapointing. If there is one Capcom franchise, I never got the appeal of, it's Monster Hunter. I bought 2 on PSP and sold it, a few days later. I won't be had again, with a 360 version.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

just because you didn't get it it's shitty announcement?

It's MASSIVE news.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
So allegedly regular Famitsu has now been leaked:

MHF is 360-only, ¥1400 per month, servers separate from PC version, SSFIV on 4/28 for ¥4990, LP2 on 5/20.

Take with sodium.

Grooski

Banned
Really...its Monster Hunter? Love my Box, but how does Capcom believe releasing MH on it will sell anywhere? Does anyone buy this outside of Japan?

Mikhal

amodf said:
How was Phantasy Star Universe handled on 360? That was fee-based wasn't it, did that require Gold on top of the monthly fee?

I believe Gold isn't required for MMOs like PSU and FF11.

andymcc

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:

millions of japanese disagree with this post.

TheCardPlayer

NinjaFusion said:
It's MASSIVE news.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Shitty MMO like game, released on 360. HUEG NEUWS!!!!!!!!!

andymcc said:
millions of japanese disagree with this post.

Sorry but millions have no taste then. Monster Hunter sucks fucking shit. Tis the truth.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Aokage said:

MHF is 360-only, ¥1400 per month, servers separate from PC version, SSFIV on 4/28 for ¥4990, LP2 on 5/20.

Take with sodium.
Grumble Grumble Grumble

LP2 comes out week after School is out too. Which is awesome. I'll be playing that all summer for sure. Renew my Gold Account then also.

Jonnyram

Aokage said:

Take with sodium.
If it's separate from the PC version, then that doesn't give much hope for FFXIV at all because Square are really against segregation of players :( Wonder how the 360 version looks anyway...

goldenpp72

Jonnyram said:
If it's separate from the PC version, then that doesn't give much hope for FFXIV at all because Square are really against segregation of players :( Wonder how the 360 version looks anyway...

It sucks, why is it that ff11 crossed but psu and now possibly this don't ?

TheCardPlayer said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Shitty MMO like game, released on 360. HUEG NEUWS!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but millions have no taste then. Monster Hunter sucks fucking shit. Tis the truth.

It's massive franchise and great for 360 whether you personally like it or not.... unless.... you don't own a 360?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Jonnyram said:
Wouldn't be surprised if the X360 version just goes quietly in the dark similar to Last Remnant after the title comes out.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Man, if you tried Monster Hunter for only 2 days and sold it ... yeah, I think you might have jumped to conclusions on that one.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Separate from PC users, lol. Probably have to pay for the free updates JP players get on the PC too.

This is about as massive as the dump I took this morning.

Aokage said:

Take with sodium.

so wait, MHF seems to be 360 only but its servers are separate from the PC version?.. I mean, I didn't know there was a PC version..

TheCardPlayer

NinjaFusion said:
It's massive franchise and great for 360 whether you personally like it or not.... unless.... you don't own a 360?

Want me to send you a message over Live? Monster Hunter will still suck shit though.

EDIT. Just sent you a message over XBox Live. Happy now?

Raging Spaniard said:
Man, if you tried Monster Hunter for only 2 days and sold it ... yeah, I think you might have jumped to conclusions on that one.

not really. the game is slow as hell with weird controls that aren't well suited to the huge battles you use them in. it's not for everyone. The Japanese seem to love it...not sure how big it is here in the U.S.

1400 a month? Ouch. I guess that isn't too bad (seems comparable to other MMO prices), but that adds up fast. Having never payed for an online game, I guess this'll be my first.

How much is it regularly? I know the season packs run around 4 to 6000, but I can't find anything on the monthly rates. Then again I'm not looking really hard, and my wife is finally done watching whatever sappy drama she's into, so I'm going to go finish Mass Effect and hopefully be wowed when I check this before I go to bed.

You can take a look at it here: http://www.mh-frontier.jp/

The top of the window has icons that'll show you some of the content- weapons, monsters, clothes... the usual.

All I can say is Gravios beam ammo for bowguns and larger sized weapons are things that everyone can look forward to.

Top Bottom