• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom x Microsoft announcement...Monster Hunter Frontier Online. Stand down, people

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Kagari said:
MS must really have strict policies now if they won't allow cross platform play.

I wonder if MHF being separate isn't some sort of skewed business decision... BlazBlue for PC is pimping PC/360 cross-platform play right now.

Teknoman

Thai said:
MOTHER FUCKING POWER STONE COLLECTION XBL!!!!! OMG WHERE ARE MY MEDECINS!!!!!

WHAT?

TheCardPlayer said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Shitty MMO like game, released on 360. HUEG NEUWS!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but millions have no taste then. Monster Hunter sucks fucking shit. Tis the truth.

13yj8yd.gif

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Man, I hate Famitsu covers.

Really excited for this though, more MH is good news for me :)

andymcc

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:
To be honest, you're the only sensible person who replied to me, so I think that I will listen to you and stop posting here, since obviously, it's huge to some people. But I honestly cannot see why. I never liked that series, and I tried too.

But yeah, what's the point. Different folks, different tastes. It's all good.

to be honest, you're not being that sensible yourself. instead of making qualitative statements about the game, you're just making generic, blanket statements like, "dur this game is shitty, it has no depth." one happens to be a matter of opinion, the other is completely untrue. so, instead of saying that you weren't excited, all you did was call the game a shitty ass game and compared it to something with sparkle vampires.

FrankT

So we've come full circle since I left and picked up ME2. Not to mention the scoopz was sorta, kinda right.

Mind blown.

Some of the PC contingent is pretty freakish with the no kill policies, naked no kill runs, crappy weapon setups.... of course those guys do the same thing in Tri too.

It's okay, they'll all be on this anyways, doing the same exact things within a few weeks time as they gather up the resources they need to be up to par with their PC counterparts.

I'm hoping for some new exclusive monsters. That'll really drive the recluses into buying an XBox.

You know what they need as a preorder bonus? A Kut-ku body pillow. That makes the stupid chicken laugh whenever a creepy looking Aki-bake clutches it in his grease- stained fingers, next to his glowing DS as he tells his virtual girlfriend that they're going to have to spend more time apart from each other since he's got to beat that Fatalis alone before his online friends will let him join in on another quest after he got them all killed last time.

Teknoman

Jonsoncao said:
Am I the only one here rooting for TheCardPlayer?

Probably. Monster Hunter when played with dual analog controllers on a TV and with 3 other human players is awesome. The controls arent messed up in the least bit outside the PSP releases.

Maybe they're working on a new engine and using newer graphics for the 360 port? and that's why they aren't cross compatible.

Final Fantasy IX does it... so it's not like a Microsoft thing that doesn't allow them to do it. Hell that one FPS from Microsoft allowed for PC/360 cross gaming.

goldenpp72

UltimaPooh said:
Maybe they're working on a new engine and using newer graphics for the 360 port? and that's why they aren't cross compatible.

Final Fantasy IX does it... so it's not like a Microsoft thing that doesn't allow them to do it. Hell that one FPS from Microsoft allowed for PC/360 cross gaming.

PSU doesn't do it though..

Grooski

Banned
Jtyettis said:
So we've come full circle since I left and picked up ME2. Not to mention the scoopz was sorta, kinda right.

Mind blown.

Right, everyone into the fucking shelter now!!! I will not live in a world where this is truth.

Agnates said:
If they were making new graphics then why wouldn't they stick a 2 next to the game and get people actually excited?

Dunno. It's clearly something on Capcom's end because that's not a Microsoft policy at all.

Sad_Panda

Meh. I've spent 80 hours on MH2G and loved it, but I would have taken a 360 version of Sengoku Basara 3 over MHF any day of the week.

FrankT

but we can hint that some of the news will be of interest to a global gamer audience

Is this the kind of thing that would interest the global gamer audience? Not so sure myself. That above pic would need some serious upgrading to be sure.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jtyettis said:
Is this the kind of thing that would interest the global gamer audience? Not so sure myself. That above pic would need some serious upgrading to be sure.

Famitsu also dated Super Street Fighter 4 and Lost Planet 2.

onken

Firestorm said:
It's nice to not like it.

Calling it "not a huge announcement" is a little idiotic as this is Japan-centric announcement and this franchise is one of the biggest things in Japan right now. Of course, you could just go on and on about how unique you are for not liking this game, but that doesn't seem to serve much purpose.

Yeah the thing is Japan isn't majorly into MMORPGs (compare sales of FF10 to FF11 to get an idea), this is ignoring the whole "3 year old port releasing on a desperately unpopular system" detail.

Wow? Is it really Monster Hunter Frontier as the announcement?

Not very often a Wii game is better and has better graphics than a 360 announced title :lol Can't wait for MH3, couldn't give a shit about MHF. XBL AND Subscription based no doubt. Are Capcom at this point now intentionally trolling Sony on console Monster Hunter? :lol

Jonnyram

Agnates said:
Oh, yeah, any idea how many subscribers MHF has?
Dunno about subscribers but it currently has a population of 1.5 Million adventurers. There's a big splash on the current website about it.

Luigiv

Sad_Panda said:
Meh. I've spent 80 hours on MH2G and loved it, but I would have taken a 360 version of Sengoku Basara 3 over MHF any day of the week.
Well given that 90% of the content in MHF is identical to that in MHFU, I wouldn't doubt it.

This image popped up on the Japanese Xbox site yesterday. We can't tell you about all the delicious secrets that will be unveiled at this event, but we can hint that some of the news will be of interest to a global gamer audience.

LIAR!!!

SecretBonusPoint said:
?
Not very often a Wii game is better and has better graphics than a 360 announced title :lol Can't wait for MH3, couldn't give a shit about MHF. XBL AND Subscription based no doubt. Are Capcom at this point now intentionally trolling Sony on console Monster Hunter? :lol

MMO's don't require XBL to play them... FF11 doesn't Dunno about PSU.

Microsoft talked about this stuff back at the beginning of the 360.

Top Bottom