• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom x Microsoft announcement...Monster Hunter Frontier Online. Stand down, people

iceatcs

SecretBonusPoint said:
Is it confirmed that the scan supposedly confirming all this isn't fake then, or is jumping the gun still the order of business?
You have to wait 5pm which it is 10mins for confirm if it is one they're talking about.
But it look like. So that we will get more info about MHF 360.

onken

godhandiscen said:
If it is MH, I will give it a try. All I've heard are good things. I was going to get Tri though. Is Frontier better than Tri, graphics aside?

What makes you think it's going to be released outside of Japan? :)

lupin23rd

Chemo said:
Hahah WOW. So the only console without a Monster Hunter game now is the one that Monster Hunter was actually first announced for this generation?

Bitchslap, Capcom. Low!

It's not on DS but I'm sure it will find it's way there soon too.

CamHostage said:
Not very exciting as far as megatons go, but once people get some sleep, I think people should accept this as a good thing for Xbox. It's a great series with a strong fanbase, and if they orient the franchise so that the online titles are on PC/PS3/360 while Wii gets main chapters and PSP gets the cream scraped off the Wii games as well as some spin-offs, that's not a bad spread for this kind of franchise.

By the way, there were rumors of MHFO coming to Xbox 360 about two months ago, as well as PS3 rumors of that same Frontier port and then a PSP version of MH Tri. I wonder if Microsoft somehow worked out a timed exclusive for this release?

Yeah, 2chan said something about it being multiplatform, but I'm not sure if they said it was a timed exclusive or not.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
godhandiscen said:
If it is MH, I will give it a try. All I've heard are good things. I was going to get Tri though. Is Frontier better than Tri, graphics aside?
Tri is state of the art mh gameplay. frontier's foundation is an older build and no amount of polish will change that. You need to ask yourself whether you want to play an MMO or a console game though.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
onken said:
What makes you think it's going to be released outside of Japan? :)
You are right, but I doubt MS would work an exclusive for Japan only.
FootNinja said:
Tri is state of the art mh gameplay. frontier's foundation is an older build and no amount of polish will change that. You need to ask yourself whether you want to play an MMO or a console game though.
Wait, aren't all MH games MMOs? Can somebody describe the game? All I have seen are videos of people battling huge monsters, which looks cool, but I don't know if there are towns, item shops, or other activities to perform besides fighting the monsters.

DCharlie

Banned
Tri is almost a generational leap ahead of Frontier.
bwahahahahaha

spoken like a true deluded wiibert.

played both have you?

fuck sake, today has been littered with Wii fans talking shit, do ANY OF THEM have any experience with MH at all given the Wii version or Frontier isn't out in the US yet?

or , *gasp* are most of the gobshites making fucking shit up AGAIN?!

WHAT a surprise that would be!!!

fucking me, nuke ... from ... orbit....

Paracelsus

WhiteAce said:
bwahahahahaha

played both have you?

fuck sake, today has been littered with Wii fans talking shit, do ANY OF THEM have any experience with MH at all given the Wii version or Frontier isn't out in the US yet?

I'm not 100% sure, but my guess is that you picked the wrong guy to make this comment. ._.

sillik

Banned
Agnates said:
Uh, lol. No. Higher res won't hide the far more basic geometry, detailing and texture work. Sorry. Better visuals > less jaggies. MHF is PSP in HD.

I advice you to download Mh frontier pc benchmark to see for yourself. I'm on my iPhone atm, otherwise you'd be basking in my personal screengrab barrage right now :D

WhiteAce said:
bwahahahahaha

played both have you?

well do some pic comparisons if youre so offended oh wise sage.

Agnates

Banned
WhiteAce said:
played both have you?
Played MHFU on PSP and the screens of MHFO are clearly almost the same level of visuals, in HD. It's the same levels, the same environments for a lot of it even. Tri on the other hand has much more complex, smoother looking geometry pretty much everywhere you go. The animations are also quite improved, as is the AI (going by what CAPCOM has said, I imagine that's noticed after extra playing time). Even the lighting is nicer in Tri. No real shadowing yet, but at least it's soft and bloomy.

Jonnyram

SecretBonusPoint said:
well do some pic comparisons if youre so offended oh wise sage.
Embargo up in 5 mins. Then we'll see.
I remember a few weeks back when Wii fans were saying NMH didn't look that impressive on 360 too, from a bunch of shitty scans.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
godhandiscen said:
Wait, aren't all MH games MMOs? Can somebody describe the game? All I have seen are videos of people battling huge monsters, which looks cool, but I don't know if there are towns, item shops, or other activities to perform besides fighting the monsters.
It is an action game with a vast multi-player component. It has a single player mode that you are able to "finish" but it is mission (quest) based in nature and the point is to hunt/carve different types of monsters in order to create new gear/weapons. It is bursting at the seams with little bits of hidden information, items and content. To answer your question, you start in a village where you have access to shops, farms, your home(complete with a restaurant where your cat helpers cook you meals to give you boosts in battle,) a training school, and the mission initiator.

john tv

Jonnyram said:
How is it FFXI all over again? There isn't a console version of MHF available yet.
If anything FFXI on 360 in Europe was a big deal, because it was the first console version of FFXI there. The population had a pretty decent increase because of it too.

That can't possibly be a serious question. MHF is an MMO, MHTri has online multiplayer. There's a massive difference.
MHF and MHTri are no different as far as how online play goes, AFAIK. It's not really an MMO -- you still only adventure out in groups of four.

But MHF is constantly getting updated (aren't they up to like, season 7 or 8 now?) -- this is definitely not an "old" game getting thrown to consoles. If you're an MH fan, this is definitely worth getting excited for IMO.

Chemo

lupin23rd said:
It's not on DS but I'm sure it will find it's way there soon too.
I'm talking about home systems. At the beginning of the generation, Monster Hunter 3 was a PS3 game. Now it's the only system without a Monster Hunter. :lol

Unbelievable.

godhandiscen

sillik said:
I advice you to download Mh frontier pc benchmark to see for yourself. I'm on my iPhone atm, otherwise you'd be basking in my personal screengrab barrage right now :D
Thanks, I am doing this, and see what the fuss is all about.
FootNinja said:
It is an action game, with a vast multi-player component. It has a single player mode that you are able to "finish" but it is mission (quest) based in nature and the point is to hunt/carve different types of monsters in order to create new gear/weapons. It is bursting at the seams with little bits of hidden information, items and content. To answer your question, you start in a village where you have access to shops, farms, your home(complete with a restaurant where your cat helpers cook you meals to give you boosts in battle,) a training school, and the mission initiator.
It sounds good enough. I will try Monster Hunter Tri first though since its already coming to America.

Jonnyram

john tv said:
But MHF is constantly getting updated (aren't they up to like, season 7 or 8 now?) -- this is definitely not an "old" game getting thrown to consoles. If you're an MH fan, this is definitely worth getting excited for IMO.
Yeah, that's mainly what I meant. MHF is patched every quarter, with several new monsters and a couple of new areas added over the years. It's organic, with balancing, new weapons, etc.

DCharlie

Banned
MHF and MHTri are no different as far as how online play goes

woah hold the fuck up here!!!!!!

really?!!?!??!

Its be a stupid move if it is exclusive to 360 look at Tales of Vesperia

it would be stupid to move an online heavy game to the strongest online console which is also the easiest to port PC software to?

... reallly!?

seriously, the amount of shite being spoken about this announcement is at an all time hight, and the crux of it is scared little fanboys.

pissing pants up 15594% today, wii fans at the cusp.

godhandiscen

Jonnyram said:
Yeah, that's mainly what I meant. MHF is patched every quarter, with several new monsters and a couple of new areas added over the years. It's organic, with balancing, new weapons, etc.
The Wii version isn't? If so, what makes the Wii version superior?

WhiteAce said:
bwahahahahaha

played both have you?

I've played all except for Frontier. I've always wanted to play Frontier though. Visually it's a high res PS2 game. But I remember they released some kind of enhanced graphics mode later as a patch.

Originally when I was upset about MH3 being released for Wii instead of HD consoles. I though there was no way the Wii version could even match the PC Frontier game. But having played MH3 quite a bit I'm quite certain MH3 is a pretty good bit more advanced than Frontier in graphics and animation. Except in resolution of course.

As far as online is concerned Frontier is not too different MH3. You have lobby areas that can have a larger number of people. But the hunt missions themselves are limited to 4 players. So it is still not really a MMO.

I do love Monster Hunter a lot so I would be tempted to get this one as well even if it was pay-to-play.

Paracelsus

jump_button said:
Its be a stupid move if it is exclusive to 360 look at Tales of Vesperia

._.

Wrong example, Namco made a fuckton of money from all the deals, the porting sales and the DLC, the only one getting screwed out of that were western PS3 owners.

Also, sad thing about MHF is that I would have to pay and I cannot play together with PC users, otherwise It'd be pretty good for me.

godhandiscen

Glass Soldier said:
Hold the fuck on! There's no PC version of Lost Planet 2?!
I know... WHAT THE FUCK?

Maybe they will wait for the updated version to make the PC version, something like Colonies.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
bloke said:
Hm so jin115 was right, +1 credit for him...:lol at gamefaqs...I mean neogaf reactions.

He wasn't "right", per se. He reposts info from 2ch. That's his game.

iceatcs

Only 4 so far as big titles that these will coming 360 to Fiscal Ending in 2011 :(

Let's hope there will be more big title from Capcom.

Gomu Gomu

Well, fuck :(. Good news for MH fans though I guess.

from the PR:

QOQk9.jpg

^ Did the PC version look like this?

Top Bottom