• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official Sonic the Hedgehog twitter just posted a peculiar message.

Arkeband

Banned
Icarus = 6 letter name

Weren't there 6 numbers in that Game Grumps picture?

And some more numbers in some other promo images?

Theosmeo

oooooooh exciting, if they're gunna make a game they better have been working on it for a while, I don't want anything rushed

All Sega does now is Yakuza, and I'd be fine with that if they came out in the US

Add the numbers? Related to the numbers that were picked up in that other image a while back? You know, the one with the two zeroes/rings!

Maybe it will all add up to a track number on Madeons album, play it backwards for subliminal Sonic anniversary messaging and oh God I've gone cross eyed.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
So if we add all the numbers Sega has posted about in their previous teases what is the final number?

Folks should probably go here if they want to go down this
cream the
rabbit hole

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175876

And read up on Madeon

Like with preceding music videos, the Adventure trilogy includes many cryptic messages written in the typical Madeon alphabet.[28] This code together with hidden messages Leclercq included in preceding releases hasn't been publicly decoded yet, though several forums are trying to.[29]

The ending of "Technicolor" includes a morse code stating "Icarus fell". The website to download Technicolor includes a morse code at the bottom of the page translating to "type it" (originally "- -.-- .--. . .. -"). When directly typing "Icarus fell", the top image of the website will change to "The secret is inside the Pixel Empire".

The transition from "Innocence" to "Pixel Empire" shows the Adventure diamond when seen in a spectrogram.

Add the numbers? Related to the numbers that were picked up in that other image a while back? You know, the one with the two zeroes/rings!

Maybe it will all add up to a track number on Madeons album, play it backwards for subliminal Sonic anniversary messaging and oh God I've gone cross eyed.

I think the said numbers will add up to a 4-digit number which will be the release of an anniversary celebration game.

HELLO HUGO
THE SECRET IS INSIDE THE EMPIRE
WE CAN GET IT BACK
THE FATED SON OF DAEDALUS
ADD THE NUMBERS

Ok so Pixel Empire and Icarus

What could 1 and 3 be.... Has to have something to do with what's in the lyrics of his songs because I don't think any of the title names relate to those...

1+3 =
Sonic?
Already exists.
sonic_4-1.jpg

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that he's going to do the main vocal theme for the next Sonic game.

Ding.

Mind you, Generations was promoted with Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance, and Sonic Boom was promoted with Skrillex's Bangarang, neither one of which appeared in the actual games...

Probably best Na Na Na never did. "Rings, gimme rings, gimme rings..."

WPS

This is a long shot, but HUGO is the name of a steganography algorithm - that is, a method of hiding text in the pixels of images.

I doubt they'd go that far though.

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Apparently Madeon hid some stuff into his Adventure album, and while these little hunts aren't solved completely yet THEY ARE THE SAME PHRASES!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_(Madeon_album)#Cryptic_messages
Like with preceding music videos, the Adventure trilogy includes many cryptic messages written in the typical Madeon alphabet.[28] This code together with hidden messages Leclercq included in preceding releases hasn't been publicly decoded yet, though several forums are trying to.[29]

The ending of "Technicolor" includes a morse code stating "Icarus fell". The website to download Technicolor includes a morse code at the bottom of the page translating to "type it" (originally "- -.-- .--. . .. -"). When directly typing "Icarus fell", the top image of the website will change to "The secret is inside the Pixel Empire".

The transition from "Innocence" to "Pixel Empire" shows the Adventure diamond when seen in a spectrogram.

Wait, there's more!

http://www.thedaftclub.com/forum/showthread.php/20321-Technicolor-Scavenger-Hunt-(Spoilers)

if you listen to Technicolor at the the end of the end there is Morse code that translate to "Icarus Fell".

The bottom of the Technicolor site says "Type It" in morse code, if you type "Icarus Fell" while on the Technicolor part of Madeon's site. It will change Madeon's logo to say "The Secret is Inside the Pixel Empire".

Another part, if you download the artwork for Technicolor, the back says "We Can Get it Back"

Also apparently various messages appear in split seconds on all of Madeon's songs which some people believe is part of the puzzle.

(emphasis mine)

Whatever this is, it appears that it's closely connected to something Madeon themselves have been doing as well.

A new Sonic game with a Madeon OST would be God tier. Reminds me of when Anamanaguchi did the soundtrack for the Scott Pilgrim game.

TimmiT

This is a long shot, but HUGO is the name of a steganography algorithm - that is, a method of hiding text in the pixels of images.

I doubt they'd go that far though.

Hugo is the real name of Madeon.

Also the day of Hugo is April 1st, and the Sonic Twitter/Tumblr has been posting various numbers. Three of those are 4 1 16, so April 1st 2016. The other numbers that have been posted are 3, 21, 00, and 7.

Sonic Adventure 1

Plus

Sonic Adventure 2

Real talk, I totally think they should test out an engine for a future Sonic game by remaking Sonic Adventure 1 in it. Actually remake, with modern design choices and sensibilities, but the same basic plot and structure.

And when you get to the end of it, it bleeds straight into the entirety of Sonic Adventure 2.

NotLiquid

On the album Adventure; Pixel Empire, Icarus and Technicolor are album tracks 11, 13 and 17.

Add them all together and you get 41.

Another instance of 4 1 in Sonic teasers.

Arkeband

Banned
GUYS GUYS GUYS

Apparently Madeon hid some stuff into his Adventure album, and while these little hunts aren't solved completely yet THEY ARE THE SAME PHRASES!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_(Madeon_album)#Cryptic_messages

Wait, there's more!

http://www.thedaftclub.com/forum/showthread.php/20321-Technicolor-Scavenger-Hunt-(Spoilers)

(emphasis mine)

Whatever this is, it appears that it's closely connected to something Madeon themselves have been doing as well.

http://www.madeon.fr/technicolor/
Yeah, it works. You just type "icarusfell" while the window is active and it fades in:
debug.png

You can't see it well here but "INSIDE" is surrounded with a white box, so if that was where people gave up/dead-ended, that's probably a clue.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Icarus = 6 letter name

Weren't there 6 numbers in that Game Grumps picture?

And some more numbers in some other promo images?

A3Hb.jpg

omg he is right even his post is involved!
are you from sega ?

tell us the secret

#detectivegaf

SpaceWolf

Banned
Here's hoping this is going to be an announcement for the video game adaptation of the greatest literary classic of all time:

eb6.jpg

Top Bottom