• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official Sonic the Hedgehog twitter just posted a peculiar message.

Arkeband

Banned
A3Hb.jpg

omg he is right even his post is involved!
are you from sega ?

tell us the secret

#detectivegaf

I was wrong, there were only 5 numbers. :(

new theory:

666 the number of the beast = sonic unleashed 3 (in an industry first, they're releasing the third game second and the second game third)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
"Icarus" is the name of the second track on Madeon's album, "Pixel Empire."

For the (nearly) top of the new page, this is the translation of the words in the tweeted picture:

HELLO HUGO
THE SECRET IS INSIDE THE EMPIRE
WE CAN GET IT BACK
THE FATED SON OF DAEDALUS
ADD THE NUMBERS

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I was wrong, there were only 5 numbers. :(

new theory:

666 the number of the beast = sonic unleashed 3 (in an industry first, they're releasing the third game second and the second game third)

D3Hb.jpg

NO WAY toejam has 3 feet.
you replied again !

3 x 2 = 6

IT HAS TO BE THE TRUTH

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So I got.

Hello Hugo = You're On
The secret is inside the empire = Imperium
We can get it back = Innocence
The fated son of Deadalus = Icarus

Add the numbers? 2 + 7 + 10 + 13 = 32

1Kona1

Banned
Maybe we have to add this numbers?

Whatever these symbols mean, they seem pretty in-your-face while also being semi-hidden. They appear to be the numbers 3, 21, and 00. Or perhaps those zeros are merely circles with dots in the center? Star rings, maybe? I'm not sure. In addition, Mike Pollock tweeted:

Which is silver, by the way.

Tumblr post, with higher res video

lock if it's no use or old

Edit: The Sonic account also posted this picture, containing some of the same numbers

Edit 2: Double rings and the number 7 found in another tweet:

Edit 3:
Sega blog posted about Hedgehog Day with some relevant info:

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
How did you arrive at those song titles? (Specifically 1 and 3)

Lined up the message lines as best as I could with the song titles.

Lost innocence, trying to get it back?
Hello Hugo, you're on.

Lines up to me. But I'm just guessing here. I have no idea what significance 32 has. 32-bit? Knuckles Chaotix?

Arkeband

Banned
Lined up the message lines as best as I could with the song titles.

Lost innocence, trying to get it back?
Hello Hugo, you're on.

Lines up to me. But I'm just guessing here. I have no idea what significance 32 has. 32-bit? Knuckles Chaotix?

I don't believe any number added up would mean anything, there are no significant numbers in Sonic lore that point to a particular game entry.

What it probably means is you'll have a series of numbers and you'll translate those numbers to the letters they correspond with, so 2 = B, 7 = G, and so on. At least that way it will spell something out.

J@hranimo

Banned
Ooooo the plot thickens!

Also funny thing, I was looking at the other thread and I re-read the excerpt from the Sega Blog about Hedgehog Day:

I know at least half of you reading this are thinking: “Hey! Are you announcing anything big today, like Sonic Labyrinth 2 or Tails Sky Patrol IV? What’s the scoop?”, but you’ll need to be patient for a while longer. Good things take time, and we’re sticking to that. That said, you’ve probably noticed a few numbers floating around here and there. Who knows that they might mean? (By the way, in case you missed it – those weren’t eyes, they were zeros.)

The funny thing is that these are hypothetical sequels of two obscure Sonic games no one really likes or cares about lol. Although, the Sonic Labyrinth reference made me think of Daedalus since he made The Labyrinth in Greek Mythology. Tails Sky Patrol made me think of Icarus, son of Daedalus, since because he can fly (lol) and that game was about staying the course while flying so you don't fall...similar to Icarus' legend.

Eh...just some things that I saw some connection. More than likely nothing to it, but it's interesting to think about.

I really hope Madeon is doing some music for the new game. That would be so dope!

I've got it! It's a Sonic Adventure style remake of the Mega Drive games.

Sonic campaign = Sonic 1 levels
Tails campaign = Sonic 2 levels
Knuckles campaign = Sonic 3 levels
Super duper final campaign = S&K levels

The above is a work of fiction :-(

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Given the Sonic twitter reached out to him earlier about this I can't help but feel the Sonic Adventure 3 guess is him being coy and he knows exactly what it actually is....

Sonic Adventure 3.

Every post the Sonic twitter has put out for ages now has been some form of troll/meme. For that reason, as amusing as it may be at times, I'm afraid I'll have to dismiss everything as complete and utter bollocks.

WPS

Every post the Sonic twitter has put out for ages now has been some form of troll/meme. For that reason, as amusing as it may be at times, I'm afraid I'll have to dismiss everything as complete and utter bollocks.

I mean, they are still a PR thing, they don't get anything out of outright lying to people. It's in their interests to get attention with trollish stunts, but not to create hype and then destroy it.

However, since this is Ruby we're dealing with, I am expecting that when we figure out the date this is alluding to (especially if it's April 1st) it will be marked with the grand reveal of Big the Cat's Fishing '16...

... with the actual reveal about an hour later.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Add the numbers? Did they mean the numbers that appeared in this image some days ago?

No, probably not.

The first four lines of "text" each appear to refer to a different track name off of Madeon's album, "Pixel Empire."

"Add the numbers" seems to mean that we should look at each of the above track names' track number on the album and add them up ... 2 + 7 + 10 + 13 = 32.

And that's all we've got.

Zubz

Banned
Guess I went full-detective in the wrong thread!

... But there's no need to cross post. Every deduction I made in the thread for the Sonic Twitter has already been covered here. I mean, I pondered if "Pixel Empire" and "Icarus" were supposed to be referring to Classic & Boom Sonics for a Generations 2 over there, but the more I'm reading, the more I'm realizing that those lines were chosen for their significance regarding Madeon, not Sonic.

Top Bottom