• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct announced for February 26th, is 5 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Rinさとり;196479401 said:
Better be a new mainline game with NEW Pokemon.

Capturing new Pokemon is half the fun of those games
They aren't gonna trap Gen 7 on the 3DS.....at least I hope not.

Where are you getting the 5 minute number at? I can't see it on the announcements or twitch page.

From the NCL tweet: https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/702463796510461956

2月27日(土)深夜0時から「Pokémon Direct 2016.2.27」を放送します。5分ほどの短い映像ですが、ご興味のある方はご覧ください。

Shitty translation: "The 'Pokemon Direct 27/2/2016' will be broadcast from 12:00AM on February 27th (Sat). It's a short 5 minute presentation, but please watch if you have an interest."

javac

They're not going to have a dreck just to cover the VC games because they've already covered them and they're self explanatory and its not just going to be a celebratory pat on the back for 20 year anniversary because they could just upload a video doing exactly that to their YouTube channel right now, Pokemon Go will be shown first at GDC 2016 so they might mention that but nothing more so either this is a new side game (Conquest, Mobile perhaps?) or a mainline.

EDIT: Pokken could be mentioned too, if this was a Pokken dreck this wouldn't be labeled as a general Pokemon dreck.

Boney

Banned
This will be Pokémon Z, no doubt. What I'm interested in to see is if this is going to be 3DS only or if they gon tease this to be on "another, new Nintendo platform" as well
N3ds enhanced for 30 fps. I wish.

It's game freak, no way they're gonna be all over nx at launch.

dity

They're not going to have a dreck just to cover the VC games because they've already covered them and they're self explanatory and its not just going to be a celebratory pat on the back for 20 year anniversary because they could just upload a video doing exactly that to their YouTube channel right now, Pokemon Go will be shown first at GDC 2016 they might mention that but nothing more so either this is a new side game (Conquest, Mobile perhaps?) or a mainline.
It's on the day before the VC releases. They want them to sell like it's 1995.

JoeM86

Cb-nkY8WwAApqS6.jpg

They're not announcing a new Pokemon game if this is only 5mins long guys.

X & Y were revealed in a Direct that was 11 minutes, with 7 minutes being a retrospective.

5 minutes is plenty of time

Forkball

5 min Direct = Hype deflated unless they announce an even bigger presentation at the end like how they did for Smash. I don't even know how you cover the VC release, Pokken, and Pokemon Z in five minutes. I still think a full Nintendo Direct is coming some time in March.

https://youtu.be/VzO6J981nAw

This was the XY announcement Direct from 2014. It lasts for 11 minutes and 11 seconds, but the trailer for XY doesn't actually begin until 7:18, the first 7 minutes of the presentation being a (laborious) review of the series up to that point.

So yeah, remove that review part and it's more than possible to drop a decent trailer for a brand new mainline game plus a little bit of camera talking.

Nibel

X & Y were revealed in a Direct that was 11 minutes, with 7 minutes being a retrospective.

5 minutes is plenty of time

Pretty much. Besides, this Direct will be shown in JP, NA and EU at the same time, so people thinking this won't be a mainline title miss the bigger picture here

javac

It's on the day before the VC releases. They want them to sell like it's 1995.

It is a possibility but I just don't see them doing a Direct just for that, a little mention perhaps before transitioning to a trailer for the next installment I could see. Time will tell.

People are setting themselves for a hardcore disappointment if they think a new Pokémon game is getting announced in a 5 minute direct when it also needs to discuss R/B/Y VC and Pokken Tournament. Maybe we'll get an amiibo announcement, but not a game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rinさとり;196480163 said:
There is no reason why it cant be on both NX and 3DS.

Even if it is, they're not gonna tell us about an NX game before the system is revealed in a Pokémon-themed Direct that is 5 minutes long.

Whaa? I need to start prepping my body, I wasn't ready for this.

Also, when are we next expecting a full Nintendo Direct? Surely there'll be one before the end of April, right?

I'm starting to suspect part of the 'new format' is far fewer of them. It seems like a lot of the directs were part of iwatas plan for the company and not shared by the current leadership. I love directs but at the moment it seems to me that large ones will be about biyearly, maybe evey 4 months at best.

I hope I'm wrong.

dity

People are setting themselves for a hardcore disappointment if they think a new Pokémon game is getting announced in a 5 minute direct when it also needs to discuss R/B/Y VC and Pokken Tournament. Maybe we'll get an amiibo announcement, but not a game.
Detective Pikachu as well.

weekev

Banned
Incoming 3d AAA, console, mainline Pokemon game with Snap and Stadium elements built in as part of the world you play in.

looking forward to some Pokemon Z info

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
here's my hype face

ab0.gif

5 min Direct = Hype deflated unless they announce an even bigger presentation at the end like how they did for Smash. I don't even know how you cover the VC release, Pokken, and Pokemon Z in five minutes. I still think a full Nintendo Direct is coming some time in March.

that would be hilarious

BY2K

Membero Americo

They wouldn't do a Direct so short just for an amiibo or a VC release.

The XY trailer in the announcement Direct is like ... 1:20 long. It would be so ridiculously easy to fit a new game announcement in to 5 minutes, talk about them a bit, and say 'also hey RBYG also out today, please buy and lol no more fighters for Pokken coz we announced them all'.

Detective Pikachu as well.

Detective Pikachu is out in Japan, which is the only region to have specifically mentioned the 5 minute thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom