• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct announced for February 26th, is 5 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon news has been silent because we've had a gap year. We always have a gap year.

You're being way to pessimistic here, to the point of insanity. They wouldn't host a special Direct just to reveal new stuff on what is coming out soon when we know most of what Pokkén has to offer and GO is a mobile title.

Insanity. Really? To the point of insanity. You don't think that's maybe a little hyperbolic? I can be wrong, and be a little pessimistic about what I'm expecting, but I'd argue you saying I'm reaching a point of insanity is far more absurd than me not thinking they're announcing something big.

I think you need to, like, just chill out a little bit.

Every Nintendo Direct has at least one new game announcement. This direct will be that announcement without the other 30 minutes of fluff.

And I don't know why you would think not getting a game till the fall means they can't announce it now. They announced XY in January and that released in October. And they pretty much never reveal new games at E3, ORAS was announced in a random trailer on youtube in May, and XY was announced in a direct just like this one. The direct was only 11 minutes, and the actual trailer portion made up less than a quarter of it.

I said in an earlier comment (that no one wants to quote for some reason) that if they did announce a game we wouldn't see much. I don't see it being impossible, I'm just not expecting it. I don't think it's realistic, but I acknowledged it could happen, and if it did I wouldn't expect a grand blow out, especially because they have to briefly mention Pokken and RBY VC (like every Direct does, reminding customers of impending products).

I know they haven't before, but this year is pretty different. NX is incoming and I feel like big Pokemon news has been silent because it'll be involved with NX in some way.

I just think people are expecting too much, and very rarely does a Direct deliver on what people want. I'm gonna bounce from this thread and come back after the direct either with "I told you so's" that will fall on deaf ears, or a big plate of crow.
The last time TPCi did a Pokemon Direct specifically (in 2013, 11 min), it was to announce XY.

They dropped the ORAS trailer randomly, and that was 30 seconds long.

Every thing they've done over the past few months leads to there being a mainline game this year. They've already showed off the Zygarde formes. They *just* revealed a new Pokemon a few days ago.

There is going to be a new game, whether it's the "third version" or Gen 7.

DNAbro

It's going to be a trailer for a new mainline Pokemon game. Thinking it will be anything else is kinda dumb.

I remember when some people were negative going into the X/Y announcement and looked silly coming out.

The last time TPCi did a Pokemon Direct specifically (in 2013, 11 min), it was to announce XY.

They dropped the ORAS trailer randomly, and that was 30 seconds long.

Every thing they've done over the past few months leads to there being a mainline game this year. They've already showed off the Zygarde formes. They *just* revealed a new Pokemon a few days ago.

There is going to be a new game, whether it's the "third version" or Gen 7.

Admittedly, Pokemon Directs are different than regular Directs. We'll see. I'm not convinced, but I also accept I can be wrong. Just temper expectations. 5 minutes is awful short.

This will be Pokémon Z, no doubt. What I'm interested in to see is if this is going to be 3DS only or if they gon tease this to be on "another, new Nintendo platform" as well

They're not devoting a Direct to a third version. That shit's a CoroCoro cover. This is bigger. We got the leak! We know it's bigger!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's time for Pokémon Z/X2&Y2/Reiji/whatever. 3DS of course.

At this point, I see the chances of the game appearing on NX lowering. Since the console hasn't been announced yet, it could still appear later, but just a gut feeling it's going to stay on 3DS at this point. I suppose the "different" reveal schedule was really to fit with the announcement coming on the Anniversary day (which is, let's face it, pretty cool).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Admittedly, Pokemon Directs are different than regular Directs. We'll see. I'm not convinced, but I also accept I can be wrong. Just temper expectations. 5 minutes is awful short.

Long enough for an introduction and 3 minute trailer of the upcoming 3DS anniversary title for this fall.

The first 7 minutes of the 2013 Direct was devoted to a rough history. 4 minutes was for XY. 1:30 of that was the actual trailer.

They can, and have done shorter.

ch4fx_

What I expect - reminders about R, B, & Y being released on the VC, vague/limited info about GO & I'm sure they will mention something about it being their 20th anniversary.

What I want - Z, Pokemon amiibo, gen 1 cards & physical releases of RBY for all regions.

HYPE for this Direct, kinda bummed it's only 5 minutes long though.

What leak?
Some person who was verified a few days ago had a long list of titles for this year, with a project codenamed "Niji" (Rainbow) in the fall. Now, this could be "the third version", or something else relating to the 20th anniversary thing (all colors, etc.)

There's something new coming, and I would tentatively agree that a worldwide Direct implies something exciting. I'll still be hype if it is just Z though, lol

After the initial hype rush, here are my two cents: I think it'll be the third Kalos game for the 3DS, but I don't think it's going to be a traditional "third version". They'll change things up more, similar to (if not more than) BW2.

Z is the obvious name, but maybe it's too obvious. Masuda once said they decided against Pokémon Grey because they wanted to surprise people. It could be Z based on where the rest of the Pokémon marketing is headed, but it could also be something different. Either way they will essentially be what most people imagine Z to be: The final Kalos game.

Yeah, I think at the very least we will get a somewhat significant amount of landmass added over XY and story wise it will take place after XY.

Some person who was verified a few days ago had a long list of titles for this year, with a project codenamed "Niji" (Rainbow). Now, this could be "the third version", or something else relating tot he 20th anniversary thing (all colors, etc.)

There's something new coming, and I would tentatively agree that a worldwide Direct implies something slightly more exciting.

That leak is the only reason I think I could be wrong, though I still say if they announce a new game we aren't seeing much.

NeonZ

I said in an earlier comment (that no one wants to quote for some reason) that if they did announce a game we wouldn't see much. I don't see it being impossible, I'm just not expecting it. I don't think it's realistic, but I acknowledged it could happen, and if it did I wouldn't expect a grand blow out, especially because they have to briefly mention Pokken and RBY VC (like every Direct does, reminding customers of impending products).

An E3 reveal only would make sense if it's a NX game, which is much more unlikely than a new mainline game revealed in a short Direct like this.

I swear we've had Directs in the past where the runtime was only shown once the Twitch page went live.

Then what do you expect, Gen 7?

It wouldn't surprise me, but not particularly? IDK. I was thinking more like a full new game, if not one that adds new Pokemon.

bman94

Pokemon Z for 3DS
Pokemon Red/Blue HD remake for Wii U/NX

please understand

Did realize this was something I wanted until now.

Surprise Smash update to celebrate Pokémon anniversary; PokéFloats is back!

If PokéFloats is back it'll be the first DLC stage I purchase that's not tied to a character.

If they really do announce Z I hope there are some huge significant changes. It's been a while since X/Y released and I don't just want a similar story with small changes again, I want there to be whole new areas to explore with large amounts of new content. I didn't even finish Omega Ruby, it just got so dull.

Akai__

Battle Frontier DLC for ORAS? Thanks!

And hopefully it's not Z. I want to move on asap from the (in my opinion of course) worst Generation of Pokemon. Bring on anything except Z.

Battle Frontier DLC for ORAS? Thanks!

And hopefully it's not Z. I want to move on asap from the (in my opinion of course) worst Generation of Pokemon. Bring on anything except Z.

I think they've said they wouldn't be doing single player DLC for ORAS.

edit - I'd be perfectly with more frequent, shorter directs, than this complete lack of communication except for twitter we got from Nintendo at the moment. Its perfectly silly.

I want this to be the very best
like no Direct ever was
Nintendo NX with Pokemon MMO
To be there at the launch
I will travel across the internet
searching far and wide
for the cheapest bundle that I can find
To unleash the fan boy that's inside
POKEMON! It's you and me!
As well as the NX please!
POKEMON! ooooh you're my best friend
In a world of shitty games!
POKEMON! Nintendo's true!
I know that they can make it through!
NX please!
it's you and me!
POOOKEEEMMOON!
For the NX launch!
POKEMON!

Akai__

Just realized it was 5 minutes. Welp...

I think they've said they wouldn't be doing single player DLC for ORAS.

edit - I'd be perfectly with more frequent, shorter directs, than this complete lack of communication except for twitter we got from Nintendo at the moment. Its perfectly silly.

They did? :(

kyo2004

[Z HYPE INTENSIFIES]

Even if it's just 5 mins, if they provide info about a new mainline game, everybody here will be pleased to hear them... :) (the actual anime arc is a huge selling point for Z promotion)...

Velcro Fly

Going to miss it due to work

But I'm betting one of the not blocked sites at work will have the scoop!

Hoping for new game announcement plus Detective Pikachu localization!

5 minutes long means no nonsense and no real BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom