• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct announced for February 26th, is 5 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
I want this to be the very best
like no Direct ever was
Nintendo NX with Pokemon MMO
To be there at the launch
I will travel across the internet
searching far and wide
for the cheapest bundle that I can find
To unleash the fan boy that's inside
POKEMON! It's you and me!
As well as the NX please!
POKEMON! ooooh you're my best friend
In a world of shitty games!
POKEMON! Nintendo's true!
I know that they can make it through!
NX please!
it's you and me!
POOOKEEEMMOON!
For the NX launch!
POKEMON!

I tried singing this. Failed.

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
XY's announcement was only 3 minutes of an 11 minute Direct
ORAS got announced with a 30 second video
5 minutes is plenty of time people.

But the intentions were different.

XY was to recap, and to show how far pokemon had come, notably with the "World wide release concept".

ORAS was really a "Oh s***, investors meeting, we need to show something!! Quick! Game Freak, give us an oras trailer!! "But we don't have proper footage to show yet". And boom, you get a 30 second teaser with text.

Now 20 year anniversary deserves something much bigger than just a trailer. I'd expect a "how we came here section". Unfortunately there isnt.

Yaari

I hate that they don't do anything with that license on anything but handhelds. Okay, we got that Pokken game now, but jeez. Theres so much potential with a great license like that.

Styles

Here for them announcing Pokemon XYZ where you can capture every single non-mythical legendaries in the game.

CfptzRk.gif

rrs

Rainbom could be either a mask for Z, or a huge Pokémon adventure across well, everything. Although, that could easily destroy sales for vc gen1 games.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Not gonna lie, I did a little dance and started singing "I am excited, I am excited I am really really excited." :D :D :D

Saturday can't come here soon enough.

Nbz

Would be nice if they announced a normal direct so that we can finally get a release date for Fire Emblem in Europe ;_;

Now 20 year anniversary deserves something much bigger than just a trailer. I'd expect a "how we came here section". Unfortunately there isnt.
We already got most of that somewhere around the Super Bowl trailer. They already laid out most of what they were doing this year earlier in the month - from VC releases to special merchandise to special distributions. Pokemon Day is just kicking off with a new mainline game announcement at midnight Japan time - there are still 23 hours and 55 minutes to do whatever else on Pokemon Day.

Rainbom could be either a mask for Z, or a huge Pokémon adventure across well, everything. Although, that could easily destroy sales for vc gen1 games.

Get all those "Usual" Pokemon while on the go...and later at home you can use ALL of them on your NX at home, online against millions (userbase limited) people around the globe in epic quests and raids all around the world...

Illucio

Banned
Last time we had a direct like this they announced Pokemon Go and before that Pokemon X and Y.

So it's either Go or Z. I'd be surprised to see anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom