• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct announced for February 26th, is 5 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_ag

The fact that Nintendo Hong Kong is also game is very, very interesting. Chinese and Russian would most likely be the 8th and 9th language respectively, and I wonder if they'll implement the Chinese translation already with the next game.

woen

I don't see it being much more than a quick trailer for the 2nd wave of the 6G. It's about time
we're so used to the annual release cycle, and it didn't even came early 2016 as some expected

TDLink

I think this won't be Pokemon Z. They could reveal that in CoroCoro if they wanted. This is a 20th anniversary game. Probably mainline and it's own thing. Maybe somehow combining all the Gens, but I don't know what that would entail.

Neoxon

a new game is almost guaranteed.

Pokemon Z? it might have the same chances as X2 Y2 or a new gen.

I can only assume its on 3DS since the NX hasn't been revealed
It probably won't be an entirely new gen since the 3DS is kinda on its way out, already. No use in trapping Gen 7 on older hardware, especially when the 3DS isn't doing as well as the DS was.

It'll probably either be Z, X2/Y2, or a game with all 6 existing generations that also serves as a sequel game for X/Y.

Pokemon Z.....ITS HAPPENING!!!!

sESr.gif

wiibomb

I have given up the idea of it crossing to NX. Pretty sure Magiana will debut in an NX game next year.

TPC is quite unpredictable with these things, they have revealed pokemon in the past that show up years later in a new pokemon main-series game, so it could be that.

another possibility for this is to be a new form for an existing pokemon....
may be for diance?

It probably won't be an entirely new gen since the 3DS is kinda on its way out, already. No use in trapping Gen 7 on older hardware, especially when the 3DS isn't doing as well as the DS was.

pokemon black and white would like to talk with you, as well as ORAS

Neoxon

Something that I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want a repeat of. They need all the firepower that they can get for the NX Platform. Can't have that when you have a major developer stuck in the past for the second time. And OR/AS was on the 3DS when it still had a fair bit of life left in it.

Pokemon Snap Wii U come on.
There's supposedly only one unannounced Wii U game this year, & it's rumored to be Paper Mario U.

BW/2 were released on the DS because the DS was white-hot at the time, and because it lasted longer than usual hardware-cycle wise.

ORAS, being a remake, is completely expected to release on the same system the initial game released on. It would have been unusual otherwise.

Mariolee

Something that I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want a repeat of. They need all the firepower that they can get for the NX Platform. Can't have that when you have a major developer stuck in the past for the second time. And OR/AS was on the 3DS when it still had a fair bit of life left in it.

There's supposedly only one unannounced Wii U game this year, & it's rumored to be Paper Mario U.

Yeah I'm aware. But did the rumors state there was only ONE unannunced Wii U title?

I have no idea how they missed the opportunity to do Wii U Pokemon Snap.

ConceptX

I think it's going to be an extended game that encompasses what Pokémon Z would entail, plus more.

I don't think it'll "just" be a gen .5 game.

The fact that Nintendo Hong Kong is also game is very, very interesting. Chinese and Russian would most likely be the 8th and 9th language respectively, and I wonder if they'll implement the Chinese translation already with the next game.

Yes, this is huge for Chinese Nintendo fans. Weibo is exploding.

Joking aside, are people actually upset with the direct length? The XY direct was like 10 minutes long and at least 7-8 minutes of that was Iwata showing how big the release gaps were between territories so that the worldwide announcement would have a bigger impact.

JoeM86

I think this won't be Pokemon Z. They could reveal that in CoroCoro if they wanted. This is a 20th anniversary game. Probably mainline and it's own thing. Maybe somehow combining all the Gens, but I don't know what that would entail.

Why can't Z be a 20th anniversary game?

Also no main game has been revealed in CoroCoro and, as game releases are global now, it's illogical to reveal a game in a Japanese magazine.

Joking aside, are people actually upset with the direct length? The XY direct was like 10 minutes long and at least 7-8 minutes of that was Iwata showing how big the release gaps were between territories so that the worldwide announcement would have a bigger impact.

People seem to have the perception that if it's long, it has info and if it's short, it's useless.

Hell, a lot of people here have forgotten the purpose of Directs since they think it's just to show "hype" for the anniversary.

woopWOOP

Lol, 5 minutes

So an English trailer for Pikachu detective and maybe a teaser for Z or whatever else new they're cooking up for the mainline entries.

Spiraleye

Neo Member
Ugh I'm so excited for this. Feels a bit silly, lol. I think it'll probably be Pokemon Z - whatever it actually ends up being called. Definitely possible it could be something else, something special, but I think all the marketing stuff over the past few months and in the anime really points towards a 3rd version Gen 6 game like Emerald/Platinum or maybe slightly more interesting like Black/White 2.

But honestly, any new main-line Pokemon game will make me really happy at this point.

JoeM86

Lol, 5 minutes

So an English trailer for Pikachu detective and maybe a teaser for Z or whatever else new they're cooking up for the mainline entries.

Why an English trailer for it when this Direct is global and that game is out already?

This will be for main series. Relax.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
The X/Y announcement trailer was only about a minute and a half long.

Check it out.

I think it's absolutely safe to assume this will either be Pokemon Z or the debut of Generation 7.

Man, I remember that trailer. Hypest I'ver been for a game, and what a game it was. Time to give Kalos the send off it deserves.

Kyzer

Banned
Y'all are trippin 5 minutes is plenty of time. This isn't smash bros. It's gonna be a trailer and dates / review of 20th anniv. shenanigans

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Honestly, if it is Z, I hope they really do a full-on Revamp.

X/Y was great, but unless there's some sizeable changes/overhaul beyond more megas I'm not sure I want to run through Kalos again.

Also, maybe I missed it, but what are the odds of something with pokemon go being included?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom