• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

ReiGun

Watched "Dope" and "Dear White People" last night. Both were pretty good, though "Dope" would have been better had Diggy been the main character. She was way more interesting/had more potential as a character than Malcolm, who was just boring. "DWP" felt like it crossed the line into preachy one too many times.

giphy.gif

Watched Justice League: War last night. I found it entertaining, saw it got some hate from Gaf. Think I enjoyed flashpoint paradox more though. Spoilers on Justice league
superman didn't give a fuck. The fight with batman and lantern he was just tearing up the city, no fucks given. Superman also snapped some dudes neck lol. The heros were ruthless to darthside, fucking stabbed his eyes out and then superman comes and shoots laser beams right in an already blinded mans face lmao
Steve Harvey resurrecting "Kids say the darnedest things"?

Don't care for the dude personally, but can't knock his hustle.
Honestly surprised how much work he's been getting. I swear dude has a new show every week

Watched "Dope" and "Dear White People" last night. Both were pretty good, though "Dope" would have been better had Diggy been the main character. She was way more interesting/had more potential as a character than Malcolm, who was just boring. "DWP" felt like it crossed the line into preachy one too many times.
Yeah. Dope was the better movie. Although when I noticed Pharrell was involved, some stuff started to make sense..
Check out @GPL_'s Tweet: https://twitter.com/GPL_/status/706142514969866240?s=09

Black fathers are doing better!
We've been doing better for ages tho.
Cute video should go viral.

DAAAAAAW!!

Infinite

Anyone see the new Ebony cover? They put plus size black women on the cover including Jazzmine Sullivan, Danielle Brooks and Chrisset Michelle

tumblr_o3jpwm20do1qlho5po1_1280.jpg

I just seen a white sports announcer ask "If young Metro doesn't trust you, what should you do?"

Even producer drops being ran to the ground in 2K16

andthebeatgoeson

Both are great, Revenant is beautiful but twenty minutes to long and up it's own ass.

Every in the Big shot has bad wigs and worse makeup. Good god the stylish folks needed to be fired.
Thanks. Either one that y'all feel like I should see?

I don't know why I have no interest in Revenant. I like Leo (catch me if you can is a damn good movie: to watch or even to decompress to.)

So, it should be up my alley. I feel very meh about him crawling thru the wilderness. Maybe the marketing didn't catch me. Lots of action?

And I wonder if the comedy of The Big Short overcomes the subject matter.

Anyone see the new Ebony cover? They put plus size black women on the cover including Jazzmine Sullivan, Danielle Brooks and Chrisset Michelle

tumblr_o3jpwm20do1qlho5po1_1280.jpg
It's it off to just focus on boobs and sexual appeal as we are redefining body types? Or are the outfits weird? Or is it I'm used to skinny girls doing it a certain way and reimagining body images will make me question the things magazines do.

ReiGun

Yeah. Dope was the better movie. Although when I noticed Pharrell was involved, some stuff started to make sense..
My biggest worry going into Dope was that it would go too hard in the "I'm a weird nerd kid who's not like those other blacks" paint, so I was happy it circumvented outside of a few moments just to be a straight up comedy.

Dear White People lacked focus. It tried to tackle so many things at once that it didn't really get beyond a surface level on most of it.

My biggest worry going into Dope was that it would go too hard in the "I'm a weird nerd kid who's not like those other blacks" paint, so I was happy it circumvented outside of a few moments just to be a straight up comedy.

Dear White People lacked focus. It tried to tackle so many things at once that it didn't really get beyond a surface level on most of it.

That was my fear with Dope as well.

I couldn't get into DWP because it felt like it was sacrificing the comfort of black people for white comfort. It felt like a movie intent to teach white people on racism but had Stacey Dash for final approval and rewrites.

Johndoey

Banned
Thanks. Either one that y'all feel like I should see?

I don't know why I have no interest in Revenant. I like Leo (catch me if you can is a damn good movie: to watch or even to decompress to.)

So, it should be up my alley. I feel very meh about him crawling thru the wilderness. Maybe the marketing didn't catch me. Lots of action?

And I wonder if the comedy of The Big Short overcomes the subject matter.

It's it off to just focus on boobs and sexual appeal as we are redefining body types? Or are the outfits weird? Or is it I'm used to skinny girls doing it a certain way and reimagining body images will make me question the things magazines do.
Revenant has a few spots of action but it is mainly conversing and Leo getting his shit fucked up.

Johndoey

Banned
Can anyone tell me if Street Fighter V is actually good for a beginner? Cause I'm on the fence and I've been hearing that old "easy to learn, hard to master" spiel.

I understand fighting game concepts but my physical execution is very lacking.

Have any y'all seen this pilot of this black sci-fi show called Urbance? I know Secret Fawful is into some black sci-fi and this is all it. The animation is great, the acting could be better though.

Can anyone tell me if Street Fighter V is actually good for a beginner? Cause I'm on the fence and I've been hearing that old "easy to learn, hard to master" spiel.

I understand fighting game concepts but my physical execution is very lacking.

If you're interested in being competitive at it then yes, I'd say it's worth it.

jmood88

So...you think I'm not black?

Is that what's going down on here?

I was wondering why people were skeptical, then I looked at your first post

Thing is, Trump might crush any Dem among black voters specifically because he has actual detailed plans to help specific communities as opposed to both Dem candidates, who use general class-based language, which historically has not helped black people, even though they promised that it will, such as the deportation of illegals would force companies to offer those jobs to poor black people, and make wages rise.

And he may get support from a lot of STEM folks for the face that he wants to pretty much scuttle the H1B program that's been absolutely abused by Silicon Valley, which would help a lot of the women and minorities that can't get jobs because of "culture fit" and other BS reasons.

Some think, why would you want to work in a place you aren't wanted?

Well being black in America is being in a whole country that doesn't want you, and folks have to eat at the end of the day.

If Trump moves more center after winning to nomination and hammered those points, to which Hillary/Bernie has no real response that doesn't involve running to a Congress hostile to anything that helps poor and minorities, then he may steal enough votes from a lazy Dem turnout that's also handicapped by voter ID laws.
and I understood. I just want to know what account you typically post from.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I am getting back into reading since I got a kindle from my nephew (traded him my old xbox). Anyone have some book recommendations? Trying to get into more non-fiction as I have mostly been a sci-fi and fantasy person in the past.

I was wondering why people were skeptical, then I looked at your first post

and I understood. I just want to know what account you typically post from.

This is my only account. Just let me know if you want to take this account ban bet if you think I'm not black/alt account.

And me postulating a possibility of something =/= me believing it myself. Just because I explore the possibility and reasons of something happening doesn't mean I want it to happen or think its likely.

The fact that folks still miss that concept is disturbing.

This is my only account. Just let me know if you want to take this account ban bet if you think I'm not black/alt account.

And me postulating a possibility of something =/= me believing it myself. Just because I explore the possibility and reasons of something happening doesn't mean I want it to happen or think its likely.

This is a thing that happens?

Aiustis

Thought I was better, nope. To make matters worse, was included on a mass text that people were going to hang. And it wasn't supposed to go out to so many people; including me :(

jmood88

You're trying too hard.

You didn't make it apparent that you were doing some devil's advocate routine and you've conjured up the possibility of Trump getting the majority of the black out of thin air.

Top Bottom