• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Shaneus

Yeah, I'm gonna back you on this. No more hypers. I'd be happy with more hatch/perf/supers.

For eg, the last AMG GT they added was awesome.
I was stoked with the last pack of the Civic and Godzirra. Cars that actually have nuanced handling that you can otherwise throttle-down on.

I detect a very slight whiff of sarcasm....

I also want a some more hot, hot hatches
Slight? ;)

I just remember how much fun it was to thrash the SP300/R around for the first time around Japan, whereas the hypers you're almost always concerned with using too much throttle. It's called DRIVEclub, not POWERclub :(

A car I really want in the game is
400412.jpg

Does anyone know if this car is behind some kind of deal with another company. I can't believe it is not in the game yet.

Well done Vix!

Screenshot_2016_03_09_07_07_06.png

Screenshot_2016_03_09_07_07_58.png

Screenshot_2016_03_09_07_06_50.png

As you can see, the number of entrants was pretty disappointing. Whether it was just bad luck / timing or just a lack of interest I don't know but unless things improve next week there doesn't seem much point in continuing.

Thanks to everyone who did make it, where's your handbag & lippy but?

knavish

Well done Vix!

Screenshot_2016_03_09_07_07_06.png

Screenshot_2016_03_09_07_07_58.png

Screenshot_2016_03_09_07_06_50.png

As you can see, the number of entrants was pretty disappointing. Whether it was just bad luck / timing or just a lack of interest I don't know but unless things improve next week there doesn't seem much point in continuing.

Thanks again for setting all this up Shannow, shame the numbers were lower this week.

Hopefully it will be better next week.

That was fast! I was just wondering earlier today when we'd get news about this month's update. No new city track this month, huh? :/

I appreciate the additional driver, club, and elite levels. The latter will easily keep me busy until the tour packs come out. Speaking of which, only 6 events in each tour again? I really hope this is just something to tide us over while Evolution is working on content for a new season pass or a meatier expansion pack, because it's awfully short. The new vehicles seem really cool, and a new free bike on top, can't wait to try them all out! Same for the new drifting mechanics, hopefully i'll get a better grip on them this time. :)

Edit: Wait, didn't someone in this thread wish for just this Jaguar a while ago? And the Regera has also been requested several times. Seems like we have some clairvoyants in here. ;)

xrnzaaas

I don't understand this. They had time to create 25 new elite challenges and they couldn't prepare more events for the new paid tours? :/

I don't understand this. They had time to create 25 new elite challenges and they couldn't prepare more events for the new paid tours? :/

I'm just making assumptions here, but it could have to do with the need to create new art (not to mention come up with funny puns!) for new tour events, while neither of those are necessary for elite events.

You guys find these 'easter eggs' far too fast!

It was really well hidden this time though. I'm still looking for the rest. :)
By the way, i suppose you would have said something if you were able to, but i'll try my luck. Since there isn't a new city track coming this month, can we at least count on a new one in April?

The new menu art is once again gorgeous, every time it gets updated i'm amazed at the beauty of it. Kudos to everyone who took those screens and the people at Evolution who are choosing them! I just wish it was possible to toggle between all the past variations. Even though every new menu update looks great, it's also a shame to see the old ones disappear forever.

xrnzaaas

I'm just making assumptions here, but it could have to do with the need to create new art (not to mention come up with funny puns!) for new tour events, while neither of those are necessary for elite events.

Yeah probably. I'll still buy it and I'm still treating this like there's 12 events, because I always play each event at least twice (for all stars and for a good spot in the leaderboards ;)).

We were right about the Regera. Isn't Driveclub the first or one of the first to have the car? Or is it in another game?

Not in any Forza game, not in GT6, not in Project CARS or Grid Autosport or The Crew.
There is an inofficial Assetto Corsa mod based on the One:1, but for real it's just in Driveclub I think.

Have you heard any news on Hardcore mode challenges and extra leaderboards?? Are they coming or should I stop waiting for that?

xrnzaaas

I will take that XJ220 though!

Can we get the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 to complete the 90's British hypercar trio Rushy?

speaking of British cars I wouldn't mind having a Lotus Esprit V8 :) I'm very glad they're adding the XJ220... it was one of the favorite cars in my youth and I even remember playing an Amiga game that was solely about this car :D

Sirenty

I was about to sign in when I had to run out real quick. I'll try again next week.

Sirenty

Feedback would be very useful, just don't get too attached to your new scores as we'll be wiping down the leaderboards for drift mode in the next few days.

I like that running off or hitting the wall sets you back to 0.

On the Bandipur Drift tour event, my score was a top 10 time in the original drift model and is 432 in the revised model. With this latest patch, I'm getting the same score as the original model again. I think that's good,

I did the Marussia Drift and it seems like you can hang the tail out again without being penalized. Doubled the value needed for gold easily.

Or maybe not? Doing the venom drift, you still score more if you do the first zone as two drifts instead of one long drift. I guess it does still penalize you for speed even if you're doing a good drift.

I got 8th in Centennial Drift with some serious cock ups, so something has changed. Liking it so far.

Pif

Banned
I'm speechless with the addition of Regera, it was my most anticipated car.

It leaves the One:1 in the dust in accelaration and handling, not sure about top speed.

Hearing the continous throttle -no gearbox!- as the speedometer numbers storm up is quite something.

I'm preping some pics to share on the console thread. So good. Dribeclub is unprecedented on the racing genre.

happy to help - I even chose the Yamaha so I couldn't catch anyone on the straights!

Didn't see this earlier. Yeah, i could tell you guys obviously weren't giving it your all, so i took advantage of that until the end, hehe.

Regarding the new update, i spotted the Regera in a couple of events so far (but apparently not the one AnythingBut found), as well as the MV Agusta Brutale, no luck with the rest though. Did anyone stumble across the Jaguar, wouldn't mind taking that one for a spin. The Regera is a beast though, and not in a "kicks like a mule" way like the One:1. :)

Shaneus

So, how do we give the Regera a shot? I wasn't aware there were *any* easter eggs in DC!

Also, I know I said something about fast cars etc., but I'm happy with the XJ220... just like I was happy with the F1. Classics I have no problem with! Hell, maybe we'll get this puppy someday:
f0gUrgC.jpg

So, how do we give the Regera a shot? I wasn't aware there were *any* easter eggs in DC!

Also, I know I said something about fast cars etc., but I'm happy with the XJ220... just like I was happy with the F1. Classics I have no problem with! Hell, maybe we'll get this puppy someday:
f0gUrgC.jpg

I found the Regera in:

Downforce Tour - Sweden's Finest
Elements Tour - Elements Trophy

Not sure how AnythingBut got to drive it on Sinclair Pass, i either overlooked that one, or it's one of the new elite challenges.

Shaneus

I found the Regera in:

Downforce Tour - Sweden's Finest
Elements Tour - Elements Trophy

Not sure how AnythingBut got to drive it on Sinclair Pass, i either overlooked that one, or it's one of the new elite challenges.
Ahhhh. Figured that'd be how it worked. More keen on the Jag though.

krioto

I love it when we get new elite levels - but the time trial for (I think level 42), around Atlanterhavsveien in the Renault A110 was a right pain in the arse.

Top Bottom