• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2024 Edition

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
My setup is less cool and more cozy, which isn't for everyone, but it works for me:

53446607901_b660894724_o.jpg

53445650422_e0b104609f_o.jpg

53446988640_fb2beb7469_o.jpg

53446608161_d0224aef01_o.jpg

53446708373_6041148ea1_o.jpg

Setup is as follows:
  • 77" LG C2 OLED
  • Sonos Arc Soundbar w/ Sonos Sub Mini and Sonos One SL surrounds
  • PC has a Lian Li O11 AIR MINI case, an AMD Ryzen 7 7770x CPU, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz ram, 6 TB (2TB + 4TB) SN850X NVMe storage, & MSI Gaming Trio GTX 4090 GPU
  • Xbox Series S
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Artwork is from The Last Guardian
  • Couch is from Apt2B and is velvet and made in the USA
  • Bookshelf is built by me. Xbox controllers are for the Series S and the 8BitDo controller is for PC. Switch controllers are stored inside the TV cabinet
  • Dog is a 9 month old Golden Retriever of the insane variety. Might be a lemon; still contemplating an RMA

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
setup is less cool and more cozy, which isn't for everyone, but it works for me:

Setup is as follows:
  • 77" LG C2 OLED
  • PC has a Lian Li O11 AIR MINI case, an AMD Ryzen 7 7770x CPU, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz ram, 6 TB (2TB + 4TB) SN850X NVMe storage, & MSI Gaming Trio GTX 4090 GPU
  • Xbox Series S
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Bookshelf is built by me. Xbox controllers are for the Series S and the 8BitDo controller is for PC. Switch controllers are stored inside the TV cabinet
  • Dog is a 9 month old Golden Retriever of the insane variety. Might be a lemon; still contemplating an RMA

Whats connected to the Technics amp?

Regarding your Golden, we had one that was CRAZY wild as a puppy. We put him through obedience school twice lol. Some other people who took from the same litter GAVE THEIR DOGS BACK case they were too crazy haha. He ended up living 16 years and was an amazing dog.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I like that you also game on PC with your TV. Started doing this and it’s been great, hate using a computer monitor and sitting at a desk.
Yep! For me, as a mostly single-player gamer, it'd be a shame to have all that horsepower of a 4090 and not have it connected to the largest possible 4K OLED.

Whats connected to the Technics amp?

Regarding your Golden, we had one that was CRAZY wild as a puppy. We put him through obedience school twice lol. Some other people who took from the same litter GAVE THEIR DOGS BACK case they were too crazy haha. He ended up living 16 years and was an amazing dog.

A pair of Paradigm Atom V7 bookshelf speakers are connected to the amp. Don't use it a ton anymore but they still sound great.

That's a great story with your golden haha. Ours is crazy too but I'm mostly just joking about the insanity stuff. She's a fully integrated member of the family at this point.

Last edited:

Killer8

Not my main setup but I am proud that my retro area is now complete:

PXL-20240107-000638122-MP-1.jpg

Setup:

Sony Trinitron CRT
PS1 - with a PSIO flash cart
PS2 fat - modded with a hard drive full of games
PS2 slim - unmodded (vertical on the right of the DC)
Dreamcast - modded with a GDEMU and a Noctua fan
Wii - soft modded with USB loader for Wii games and Nintendont for GameCube games (the hard drive is hidden behind)

All of the consoles are hooked up with RGB cables. The controllers and peripherals are hidden in the drawer underneath. I used to have an Xbox but that unreliable piece of shit first caught fire and then its replacement from eBay randomly stopped working, so I now just use a Series X and the XEMU emulator instead.

(The Cactuar and Tonberry are Bright Arts Gallery metal models i've been collecting. The models on top are the Lego bonsai tree, and a mimic chest and Wipeout ship I got off the Chinese clone site YourWobb)

Last edited:
Whoa that Saturn collection is amazing. Is the transparent black one the "This is cool" Saturn? What's the story behind deciding to acquire them all?
It's the This Is Cool Model , not the Derby station model . The story is simply I was and still am a SEGA Nerd. Back in the mid 1990s was young free and very single, with a decent paying job . So after paying mum my £5 a week lodge, I had plenty of cash on the hip

So everytime I went in my import shop was always buying SEGA stuff more so for Saturn which remains my Fav console to this day.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I think I've finally settled on the speakers I want to use for my games room. Will likely bite the bullet on that whole setup in the next 2 months or so, and after that we should be getting pretty close to ready to take pictures. I've got a few gaming/home theater setups going into this house, but I probably won't get the others in tip-top shape until fairly late into the year.

I'm aware that the journey is sometimes the most fun part of it, but I think it'll probably be a lot more fun to finally have a dedicated gaming space.

kingwingin

Is that TV stand from Ikea? I like it
and how big is that TV?
It’s the hemnes tv bench, 183cm one. The slots for electronics is so thin I couldn’t fit my switch or ps5 in there. Had to rest the shelf’s onto the drawers so now I can’t really use the drawers. The tv is 75”

Beechos

Whoa look at that demons poster. Boy did the 80s have some awesome special effects with those "demon" transformations. I wonder what it looks like behind those cubbies must be a wire management nightmare, what kind of power strip/surge protector is running all that gear?

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
My setup is less cool and more cozy, which isn't for everyone, but it works for me:

Setup is as follows:
  • 77" LG C2 OLED
  • Xbox Series S
  • Nintendo Switch
Nice, a lot of the clean lines and rgb set-ups look cool but I wouldn't want to live in that kind of space. This is a more normal living space gaming set-up.

Last edited:

simpatico

Not my main setup but I am proud that my retro area is now complete:

PXL-20240107-000638122-MP-1.jpg

Setup:

Sony Trinitron CRT
PS1 - with a PSIO flash cart
PS2 fat - modded with a hard drive full of games
PS2 slim - unmodded (vertical on the right of the DC)
Dreamcast - modded with a GDEMU and a Noctua fan
Wii - soft modded with USB loader for Wii games and Nintendont for GameCube games (the hard drive is hidden behind)

All of the consoles are hooked up with RGB cables. The controllers and peripherals are hidden in the drawer underneath. I used to have an Xbox but that unreliable piece of shit first caught fire and then its replacement from eBay randomly stopped working, so I now just use a Series X and the XEMU emulator instead.

(The Cactuar and Tonberry are Bright Arts Gallery metal models i've been collecting. The models on top are the Lego bonsai tree, and a mimic chest and Wipeout ship I got off the Chinese clone site YourWobb)
Sweet set up man

Whoa look at that demons poster. Boy did the 80s have some awesome special effects with those "demon" transformations. I wonder what it looks like behind those cubbies must be a wire management nightmare, what kind of power strip/surge protector is running all that gear?
Growing up I wanted to work in special make-up effects thanks to the likes of Demons, Day of the Dead and Nightbreed.
I simply use 3 stepdown's and then I have a few Belkin anti-surge extension leads.

The true pain in the ass is when one wants to play 32X Mega CD games.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
aPDEYHb.jpg

Not 100% complete yet but the building in the back will house our home gym on the left and the cinema / gaming setup next to it.
Do you have your cable management planned out? No better time to get cable runs built into the walls, recessed power behind where your tvs will be and have network cables run all the way through the house.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Do you have your cable management planned out? No better time to get cable runs built into the walls, recessed power behind where your tvs will be and have network cables run all the way through the house.
this fella is worth serious cash, his designers & builders will no doubt have his cable management all planned out lad

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
aPDEYHb.jpg

Not 100% complete yet but the building in the back will house our home gym on the left and the cinema / gaming setup next to it.
Little by little. The construction so far looks solid and you're in a green mountain area like myself. Who says you can't make the gym a second gaming extension too?

Chittagong

Gold Member

It’s a particularly good point here because walls are cast concrete, so cabling needs to be figured out super early. The cinema / gaming room has an utility rack out of sight with all the consoles. The living room will have a cupboard for consoles. I hope we counted the socket needs correctly!

Little by little. The construction so far looks solid and you're in a green mountain area like myself. Who says you can't make the gym a second gaming extension too?

Would take “leg day, not even once” to a new level!

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
WtCUQZo.jpg

ZxekvT2.jpg

The wife's an interior decorator & designed almost everything. Also, I insist on keeping the Christmas lights up till early February every year.

What's visible:

- Samsung Crystal UHD 4K TV 65" (bought it on the 30th of December, installed professionally on the 3rd of January...our old reliable Bravia finally gave out)
- Denon home theater surround system (sub is behind the chair on the left)
- PS4 Slim
- Nintendo Switch OG (my wife's in upstairs)

In the cabinets:

- PS3 Slim which sits to collect dust. If I'm back in the States I'll post it up on the marketplace.
- PS2 Slim Platinum
- SNES
- NES
- NES Classic
- Nintendo GameCube
- Sega Dreamcast Sports edition
- Super Famicom
- PSOne

Last edited:

Setup is as follows:
  • 77" LG C2 OLED
  • Xbox Series S
  • Nintendo Switch

Unbelievably cute doggo, and nice clean setup.

King Dazzar

The black box at the bottom right is a computer and not a speaker right? What case is that?
Also, how large is that TV?
Awesome setup
Thanks man. Yeah its a media PC I built that's totally silent and runs 4k 120hz or 8k 60hz into the TV. Lian Li O11 Air mini. Excellent ATX case which has a very small footprint. TV is an 85" Sony Z9J. Very quick pixel response as LCD's go and 3k nit capable. Great TV for gaming.

Cheers.

AGRacing

v0P5kMa.jpg

Lot of other “Core P3 boyz” in here. I used a 3D printer to mount the radiator up high. Love the thing.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
French Polynesia. Our main residence, although we do spend a couple of months each year in our Finnish and London residences.

Deck has been just installed. No screws or nails in sight! Roofing is temp, our actual roof was sent to New Zealand by mistake.

vH0eSrN.jpg
dam bro. why french polynesia ?

Chittagong

Gold Member
dam bro. why french polynesia ?

We love diving, and were looking for a nice location to live in for a while. Most of the best Asian dive locations are muslim, so not the best place for us in the long term. Caribbean is also great and safe for tourists, but if you have more money it becomes dangerous. Japan and Singapore don't like self employed people. Then, we came here just before the pandemic in Jan-Feb 2020, and after spending months in London lockdowns we pulled the trigger

- Great direct flights - LAX, SFO, Seattle, Tokyo, Noumea, Fiji, Auckland
- Super fast internet, fibre optic from Hawaii
- Very safe
- Excellent infrastructure with good roads, Apple retailers, Nespresso retailers, carrefour
- Great outdoors lifestyle
- A welcoming population
- Super clean air, locally produced food
- With EU passport, no visa or permit required to live, work and buy land
- Very far away from the world's worries

Last edited:
Top Bottom