• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) New Previews

So excited for this, can't wait.

I remember when Tools of Destruction was being compared to Pixar like quality. A Crack in Time was amazing, loved everything about it.

Jigolo

tyzhpw.gif

kyduap.gif

I remember playing Rachet and Clank with my brother growing up. I think I will certainly be picking this one up. It's looking like it's going to be a lot of fun, plus for the price cant pass up on that.

Vashetti

Banned
I remember playing Rachet and Clank with my brother growing up. I think I will certainly be picking this one up. It's looking like it's going to be a lot of fun, plus for the price cant pass up on that.

It was the first game I got with my brand new PS2 for my 8th birthday back in 2002.

I remember I picked the game out randomly among a selection of PS2 games and my Mum asked whether I was sure I wanted it because it looked quite "kiddy" from the cover. Then she saw me play and saw the cutscenes (and realised the clever 'adult' humour throughout).

In the last few years she's picked up several of the PS3 games for me as Birthday/Christmas presents. The games transcend age groups.

So hyped for this one.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't decide if I want this day one or if I should wait until it's £20 or less, it looks fantastic don't get me wrong, but I've never played the series and I'm not the most well off so have to pick my battles and Uncharted 4 is inc soon at a whopping £60 :eek:

VanWinkle

The visuals are really blowing my mind. Aliasing looks VERY rough, but that's quite literally the only negative that I can see.

I think I'll go ahead and preorder it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hope you can answer this but what's the weapon and armor count and upgrade potential of the weapons in this game relative to the other mainline games? Similar, more than usual, etc?

I'd say similar to the PS3 games? Level ups, raritanium upgrade path on the weapons, etc

zeromcd73

Saw even more of the footage. It looks so good!

Probably my favourite art style of the generation so far. Really hope this sells a shitload and we get more big budget 3D platformers and Insomniac continuing with these sorts of games.

farisr

I just started playing R&C: ACiT for the first time. Well not the first time, I started it a while ago but stopped after 40 minutes due to some reason, I forget. But anyways, I hope I'll still enjoy this new R&C's level design/scenarios when it comes out and not get spoiled by ACiT as I've heard it's the best one.

Anyways, I have no clue what people were talking about when saying the visuals were not that much of an upgrade from the ps3 games. This is a direct feed screenshot that I took (with a top of the line capture card).

I just started playing R&C: ACiT for the first time. Well not the first time, I started it a while ago but stopped after 40 minutes due to some reason, I forget. But anyways, I hope I'll still enjoy this new R&C's level design/scenarios when it comes out and not get spoiled by ACiT as I've heard it's the best one.

Anyways, I have no clue what people were talking about when saying the visuals were not that much of an upgrade from the ps3 games. This is a direct feed screenshot that I took (with a top of the line capture card).

The original has better level/enemy encounter design than CIT
imo

farisr

The original has better level/enemy encounter design than CIT
imo
Cool. I never got to play the PS2 ones so this will be brand new for me.
E3 2016, believe!
Crash with significantly updated visuals and controls...I need it!
DONT TOY WITH ME.
I'd kill for a Crash game with visuals and animation like this.
If Crash came back with the same kind of love this has count me in!
I would absolutely love it if Activision gave it to Insomniac for a dig, or Sony if they got the license back.
This style would look great with Crash. Insomniac for Crash Bandicoot revival game developer!
HERE HERE
You know, funny thing. During my playthrough of a Crack In Time today I had the thought "These guys could make a good Crash game"

The visuals are really blowing my mind. Aliasing looks VERY rough, but that's quite literally the only negative that I can see.

I think I'll go ahead and preorder it.
I watched some gameplay videos and didn't notice much aliasing. in this gif too. where are they?

slapnuts

Cannot wait for this game, i personally been super hyped for this game. The visuals alone will add a huge amount of fun to the gameplay.

Top Bottom