• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Burbeting

Banned
I'm posting the design of Prisoner's Dilemma here in a moment. It's not the beginning of the sign-ups, but just showing before-hand how the game works (sign ups won't happen until boat finishes, whenever that is).

cabot

image.php

What format are people on here?

I know nin, roy and I have PC.

I also have PS4. Ouro, Bear have PS4.

COME ON

PS4:

• Ourubolous
  • cabot
  • Kawl_USC
  • Burbeting
  • Sawneeks
  • ultron87
  • Xamtheking (definitely maybe)
  • floppanuva

PC:

• cabot
  • roytheone
  • nin1000
  • RobotNinjaHornets
  • OceanicAir
  • CornBro
  • Bowlie
  • Lone_Prodigy

new page, new post

floppa pls confirm which platform, I've probably remembered wrong.

Ourobolus

Banned
PS4 (PSN ID):
Ourobolus (Ourobolus)
cabot (cabbeh)
Kawl_USC
Burbeting (Ajatusliekki)
Sawneeks (FirePhantom64)
ultron87
Xamtheking
floppanuva (Coppanuva)
Karkador (for599USDollars)

PC:
cabot
roytheone
nin1000
RobotNinjaHornets
OceanicAir
CornBro
Bowlie
Lone_Prodigy

I know MikeHawk689 has a PS4 and Rocket League, too.

Burbeting

Banned
F0Hagaq.gif

Musical Theme

Prisoner’s Dilemma Mafia - No Rest for the Virtuous

9 Players
Open Setup
Minigame (not mafia-based)

Welcome to the game of Prisoner’s Dilemma. You have been locked inside a mysterious warehouse deep underground with eight other unsuspecting people. Why are you here, exactly? You cannot remember. But one thing's for sure… you have to escape this horrible facility, before dying of starvation.

Luckily, or unluckily, there is a one way out. Each and every one of the players has a bracelet on them.

Everyone starts with three points. You can obtain or lose points based on your performance in a very peculiar game…

If you reach 9 points, you can escape…
If you fall down to 0, you die…

Just remember, not everyone might not be ready to cooperate with you.

RULES

Basic Premise:

Prisoner’s Dilemma - Mafia is based on the Ambidex-game introduced in the video-game “Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward”. This game only uses the game mechanics, and does not spoil the source material at all, so you don’t need to know the game at all, nor need to fear being spoiled.

The game is a point-based game. All players will begin with 3 points. These points can be either added or subtracted by playing a game. If player obtains 9 points, he will get an “Escapee” status. If player hits 0 points, they will die, and will be removed from the game permanently.

Prisoner’s Dilemma Game - Basic Rules:

The points will be added and subtracted by playing the Prisoner’s Dilemma game. The game is done in rounds. In each round, there are three “Matches” played out. Each match has two people against one person.

The match itself is very simple. Both sides of a single match will have a choice of choosing one of the two options, “ALLY” or “BETRAY”

LGdaQdj.png

If you are on the side with just one player, you will make decision alone. However, if you are on the side with two players, you both have to make a decision. If either of you decides to “BETRAY”, the two of you will default into Betraying. However, it will be not revealed which one of you pressed betray, or if both of you did.

Once the round is played, the results will be shown. If both sides choose to ALLY, they both will obtain two points. However, if one side betrays, while other allies, they betraying side will obtain 3 points, and the allying side loses two. If both sides betray, neither side wins or loses points. In short:

Once the results are given, the players will be shuffled again into new setup for the next round of Prisoner’s Dilemma Game.

Talk & Decision Phase

Each round of the game is divided into a Talk and Decision phase. During the talk phase, all players are free to discuss with one another about anything they want, including tactics. (Such as should they ally or betray during the next round of the game.) This phase is closest to the normal “Day phase”, except that there will be no voting, and the phase will be very short.

The second phase is the Decision Phase. During this phase, the players will send the Game Mod a PM, letting him know if they decide to ALLY or BETRAY during this round of the Prisoner’s Dilemma. If no decision is sent, that player will be defaulted into Allying. There will be no discussion in the game thread during this phase, and so is closest to the normal “Night phases”.

After decision phase is over, the results of the round of the Prisoners Dilemma are shown, together with what each side of each match picked, and the current point-counts of the game.

How the game will end:

As noted before, you can escape the game by reaching 9 points. However, this won’t be as simple as it sounds. If you reach 9 points, you will obtain “Escapee” status. However, you will still stay in the game, and continue playing in the rounds. The game will only end after three or more players obtain 9 points.

Please note that you cannot obtain more than 9 points. Also, once you have an Escapee status, if your Prisoner’s Dilemma round ends with BETRAY-BETRAY result, you will lose one point, and your Escapee status with it.

The players during the game are divided into different groups, Town, Mafia and Neutral. All of these groups have different win conditions. Town wins, if no members of mafia is included in the list of escapees, when the game ends. Mafia wins, if even one member of mafia is included in the list of escapees when the game ends. Neutrals just want to get to the list of escapees, while keeping the other neutral out of the escapees.

ROLES

This is an open setup, so all of the roles are a known quantity.

4 members of Town - They are just that - normal town. They know only their own role, and not anyone else's. Their objective is to get only members of town or neutrals into the list of escapees. If they succeed, they all win. (They will also win even if there are neutrals in the list of escapees.)

3 Members of Mafia - They know each other's identities, and have a private chat to discuss on. Their win condition is to get at least one member into the list of 3 escapees. If even one is in, they will win, while town loses. Other than that, they don’t have any special powers.

2 Neutral Players - They don’t care which side wins, town or scum. They know each other’s identity. The win condition of the neutrals is the same: to make it to the list of 3 escapees, while making sure that the other neutral doesn’t make it in. The one neutral who makes it in wins, while the one who doesn’t, loses. If they both make it in, they both lose, same with if neither makes it. Them getting, or not getting into the list of escapees, won’t interfere with the town or scum win conditions.

Burbeting

Banned
Again, this is not the beginning of sign ups, but posting the design here so everyone will have an idea what to expect from the minigame :D.

And yes, my WiFi works again, so I can post this.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh my god this is fucking insane Burbeting.

INSANE.

Karkador

Banned
Yeah count me in, Burb. I'm interested in trying (or running) some games that mechanically work differently from mafia, but still deal with a lot of talking and negotiation and stuff.

cabot

PS4 (PSN ID):
Ourobolus (Ourobolus)
cabot (cabbeh)
Kawl_USC
Burbeting (Burbeting)
Sawneeks (FirePhantom64)
ultron87
Xamtheking
floppanuva (Coppanuva)

PC:
cabot
roytheone
nin1000
RobotNinjaHornets
OceanicAir
CornBro
Bowlie
Lone_Prodigy

oh yeah sure come in and take over, without your bullet points.

MikeHawk is consumed by R6: Siege. Maybe one day he'll remember who we are.

Sawneeks

Banned
PS4 (PSN ID):
Ourobolus (Ourobolus)
cabot (cabbeh)
Kawl_USC
Burbeting (Ajatusliekki)
Sawneeks (FirePhantom64)
ultron87
Xamtheking
floppanuva (Coppanuva)

PC:
cabot
roytheone
nin1000
RobotNinjaHornets
OceanicAir
CornBro
Bowlie
Lone_Prodigy

Good, more victims for the slaughter.

Top Bottom