• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBo42

I wonder if we'll see the map evolve over the season. Expansion of the dark zone or certain factions retaking areas etc. Seems like their map structure could support that.

Man. So, after you finish the missions and go to the DZ, how in the fuck am I supposed to get decent gear/weapons? I mean, I need level 50 to buy the coolest stuff. Or if I go to the BoO, I need ridiculous amounts of Phoenix credits which I have no idea where to get from. Wtf

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4aq7oy/thee_endgame_guide_what_to_do_when_you_hit_30/

tldr: Do the last mission on hard repeatedly for awhile; do dailies; run challenge mode on repeat for gear/credts; move to DZ1-3 farming bosses for gear.

I wouldn't be surprised if this week they at least make it so you need to maintain a specific DZ level to equip DZ gear.

That being said, unless they somehow made craftables and high level drops bop/non-transferable, a mule/pvp character would still be viable.

Edit: deoee - you da real MVP

dLMN8R

A couple more noob-ish questions, as I'm getting more into the game. I finally unlocked the 3rd wing in my base of operations.

• What do people do to compare mods? Any tricks I may have missed, or do you really need to do it manually and laboriously?
  • Anyone have a problem where they mark something as Junk, but then the game forgets that you marked it as junk?
  • What's the deal with talents? They unlock so frequently, yet I can't equip more than one until level 15-ish? And at the most I can equip 4? Seems very odd

I'm still so hyped on my gloves.

Might do another CM Lex run just for fun since it probably has the most matchmaking and it seems to be the easiest CM. Plus, I can finally use PC for blueprints again since I spent like 145 rerolling my gloves 3x.

I got a crappy HE backpack that's worse than my current purple, so I'm not going to use it. Mask & Gloves are all I have HE gear-wise other than that.

noomi

For anyone running with a decent Vector, do you run it as a primary or secondary. Also what other weapon do you find best to combo with it, a marksman?

A couple more noob-ish questions, as I'm getting more into the game. I finally unlocked the 3rd wing in my base of operations.

• What do people do to compare mods? Any tricks I may have missed, or do you really need to do it manually and laboriously?
  • Anyone have a problem where they mark something as Junk, but then the game forgets that you marked it as junk?
  • What's the deal with talents? They unlock so frequently, yet I can't equip more than one until level 15-ish? And at the most I can equip 4? Seems very odd

1. the system is borked as the stats dont update correctly(at least visably), but you can click mod and then choose the type of mod and you can scroll through and it shows what each will do to your stats.
2. I have never had that problem but i only mark stuff as junk when I go to disassemble
3. Talents..are fine I guess. There are really not that many and a lot are pointless for most guns/builds so its not really an issue. You get 3 or 4 at 30.

Things I might do today and tomorrow:

1) Go from Level 35 to 50 in DZ with my main so I can buy more HE stuffs
2) Make an alt for mat farming
3) Finish collecting the collectibles on main.
4) Make another alt for messing around the DZ (Because the penalty is just too high. I hate losing 9k XP for my matchmade teammates' accidentally going rogue all the time)

JohnCYQ

Right, my point was more that my assault rifle can handle close quarter action as well as ranged action while my vector was just less flexible in that regard.
Your AR also does not have 20%~ base crit chance on it.

If you want a SMG that somewhat comes close to an AR in terms of overall feel and flexibility, try the AUGs.

For anyone running with a decent Vector, do you run it as a primary or secondary. Also what other weapon do you find best to combo with it, a marksman?

2ndary for me. I main a Marksman no doubt! I switch to Vector if I get rushed or I'm running out of Marksman ammo and am fighting Elites. Otherwise, pistol to try to get the kill for 30 marksman bullets.

TheMan

laggin since yesterday. not enough to make the game unplayable, but noticeable enough to be super annoying. may have to put the game on hold until the issue is resolved

deoee

NiEIdPu.png

Keepworthy?

Seijuro

Went to the Dark Zone for the first time today. First alone, met a quick death when I tried to extract stuff alone.
Tried again with matchmaking and it was a blast. We ran around in a party of 4 and a few random solo people joined in and did 3 or 4 extract runs with us. So far so fun - one thing is either not explained in game or I overread it:

Concerning the DZ Levels: I guess the area brackets (like e.g. 1 - 12 for the southern part of DZ) are for your regular level, right?
Then are the DZ Levels I earn while playing in the DZ just for equipment buying purposes?

tldr: Can someone explain the purple DZ level to me that appears under my regular player level?

Naite

I run vector primary with markman. Best combo ever.

I run that combination as well, and before that I had a nice aug smg with 45% crit chance. It's pretty much the weapon types I've run the whole game with.

I'm probably going to an LMG next just for something more different. I just wish shotguns were a bit more better to be viable.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Keepworthy?

Probably in line with what you already have unless you run a specific build for it.

I'm probably going to an LMG next just for something more different. I just wish shotguns were a bit more better to be viable.

Some of the shotguns are pretty viable from my experience. I did a few CMs yesterday with a guy who was using a shotgun, and man it did serious work in close quarters. Just shredded people.

Nice, looks like marksman it is then. First Wave should do nicely with it.

Hsve you tried the Socom M1A? There was one last night in The Crypt. Has a ton of accuracy (Can make it 100% accuracy if you have mods, but personally I like more stability). I like that better than the Vendor First Wave from yesterday but mainly how it shoots and does more damage with the exact mods. I finally started using the shooting range and it works well for testing between them!

I just wish they had an option to switch all the mods from 1 gun to another, for the mods that can fit both.

Finished it an hour or so ago, just got collectibles and post-game left.

Not sure how much post-game I'll do, and don't think its really a problem if I can't be bothered with it. Had enough fun in the 55 hours I've spent on it already to easily, easily justify the purchase.

Would be more likely to carry on with it if someone would try the dailies and DZ with me, but if that ever happens it'll be at least a week away, as I wait for people to level up and reach the same stage I'm at. Definitely not trying the Challenge mode again with randoms and no voice comms, at least not until all of my gear is high end.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sorry about the mixup with the Discord invite link everyone. I forgot that closed threads wouldn't allow quoting. This post will have the proper invite link. I'll update in the future when this OT closes.
We would love to have as many people in Discord as possible from here. That way squads can form up quick and you all can get those shiny gold lootz.

Quote to reveal Discord invite link

noomi

Went to the Dark Zone for the first time today. First alone, met a quick death when I tried to extract stuff alone.
Tried again with matchmaking and it was a blast. We ran around in a party of 4 and a few random solo people joined in and did 3 or 4 extract runs with us. So far so fun - one thing is either not explained in game or I overread it:

Concerning the DZ Levels: I guess the area brackets (like e.g. 1 - 12 for the southern part of DZ) are for your regular level, right?
Then are the DZ Levels I earn while playing in the DZ just for equipment buying purposes?

tldr: Can someone explain the purple DZ level to me that appears under my regular player level?

DZ Rank is used for purchasing from Safe Room Vendors around the Dark Zone, and Unlocking Dark Zone Chests.

There are player level brackets as well, although I am not sure what they are anymore. 1 - 8, 9 - 14, 15 - 19....etc This will match you with people of a similar level to yours.

Hsve you tried the Socom M1A? There was one last night in The Crypt. Has a ton of accuracy (Can make it 100% accuracy if you have mods, but personally I like more stability). I like that better than the Vendor First Wave from yesterday but mainly how it shoots and does more damage with the exact mods. I finally started using the shooting range and it works well for testing between them!

I just wish they had an option to switch all the mods from 1 gun to another, for the mods that can fit both.

I might have, is that the one that requires a bolt reload after every shot? If so, I wasn't a big fan of that one.

I need to use the range more as well, such a useful feature.

How does an alt make material farming easier?

I saw a theory about giving your Lvl 30 drops to a low level alt to sell. They didn't explain it fully but I think the idea is that items give the same amount of materials regardless of level and low level items cost less money. So you send Lvl 30~ drops you don't want to a low level.. they sell them and use the money to buy a bunch of vendor stuff and dismantle it and put the mats back into the Stash for your Main?

That's the only thing I could think of that might work, though I've done zero checking on that.

How does an alt make material farming easier?

Short version.
Send level 30 gear to alt in stash

Low level sells gear for 150k credits

Buys low level blues for like 1k credits each

Sends all back to main

Main disassembles 150 low level blues for 150 blue parts

Instead of

Main diasssembles 30 high level blues/purples for 30-60 blue parts.

I might have, is that the one that requires a bolt reload after every shot? If so, I wasn't a big fan of that one.

M1A's are faster firing, larger clip, lower dmg per bullet. M44's are the bolt chamber, smaller clip, higher dmg per bullet.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
All of the alt farming theories I've seen so far seem to be for situations where you can't just farm CM missions over and over. Since a CM can be done in 15-30 mins and yields 30 PXC, it seems like a waste of time to level an alt to 30 just for the double dailies.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

Short version.

Sends all back to main

Instead of

This would definitely be fruitful for crafting.

DZ Rank is used for purchasing from Safe Room Vendors around the Dark Zone, and Unlocking Dark Zone Chests.

There are player level brackets as well, although I am not sure what they are anymore. 1 - 8, 9 - 14, 15 - 19....etc This will match you with people of a similar level to yours.

What Jest Chillin said above. No bolt action on Socom M1A. They're my fave!

Alucrid

Banned
All of the alt farming theories I've seen so far seem to be for situations where you can't just farm CM missions over and over. Since a CM can be done in 15-30 mins and yields 30 PXC, it seems like a waste of time to level an alt to 30 just for the double dailies.

can you even share loot between characters?

This would definitely be fruitful for crafting.

Yea, it's only for mats.

Short version.

Sends all back to main

Instead of

I actually find it easier to just dismantle it on the alt so you can keep buying and dismantling right then and there.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't know if it's to farm hard dailies, but the only 2 reasons I could see are if you think incursions will be locked to once per week (which I do think will happen) or to have a character to play around with in the DZ.

You'd also have the advantage of extra crafting mats as you play through again. But it's indeed a fairly long trip to lvl 30 and trading gear between characters isn't very smooth.

On top of that, you'd still need to DZ only on the main to get Rank 50+ to get the DZ vendor HE's (which are supposedly stronger than the BoO vendor HE's... I haven't really checked).

Not a particularly easy path to more PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom