• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV Main Story Takes 50 Hours, Airship Implementation Determined

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKHF

There's meant to be another demo coming soon right? If it hits all the right buttons I'm in like Flynn.
There's a demo with kid Noctis (or you play as kid Noctis for at least some of it) coming soon, it will probably be announced when it's coming at this event.

There's a demo with kid Noctis (or you play as kid Noctis for at least some of it) coming soon, it will probably be announced when it's coming at this event.

Kid Noctis? Sounds story-riffic. Hopefully there's an open world part of it like Duscae so we can see what improvement's they've made to side quests.

Logash

Was totally unaware that there was another demo coming. Would love to see the evolution by trying out the new one. Can't wait for tuesday!

I am most happy that we will get new footage and a kickass trailer (hopefully) to go along with it.

Tabata did say that the trailer will be substantial and have both story and battle stuff. I am ready!

DeSolos

Speaking of the trailer this is what L_Spiro(FFXV staff) had to say about what we're getting next week:

CeZ7o39WEAE43_w.jpg:large

DKHF

the hype is reaching critical levels. i really hope we see some CGI again in the trailers too since the dawn trailers were all in engine IIRC
Yeah I wanna see more CGI scenes in this trailer.

SE just need to give a good dose of both story and gameplay and I'm sure the trailer will do well. And some previously unheard Shimomura music.

Koozek

benzy said:
Famassu said:
DarkLordMalik said:
NoctisVsStar said:
DeSolos said:
Icyflamez96 said:
The Last One said:
Asd202 said:
Infest said:
rayman1900 said:
Hibiki Kurosawa said:
Stereogatari said:
Kenzodielocke said:
AuthenticM said:
Ray Down said:
Nibel said:
Wmlk said:
M_Night said:
Ishida said:
Caronte said:
Arkeband said:
Mr. RHC said:
KupoNut said:
DiipuSurotu said:
Brentonp said:
Mortemis said:
Andromeda said:
Alex_Mexico said:
JuanLatino said:
raven777 said:
Whompa02 said:
Delaney said:
Aters said:
DKHF said:
artsi said:
Mediking said:
Philippo said:
antitrop said:
Blackleg-sanji1 said:
Kuro-Law said:
Dark_castle said:
dragonzdogma said:
Perfo said:
MagnaderAlpha said:
Vincent Grayson said:
diesturbia said:
injurai said:
Wagram said:
brandonh83 said:
Death Penalty said:
Bousf said:
TheTux said:
Izana said:
Blasian Persuasion said:
sn00zer said:
TheJollyCorner said:
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret said:
YankeeDonB said:
sappyday said:
notaskwid said:
Falk said:
NOTICE ME SENPAI

Brehs and brehsettes, PM me your Twitch handles, if you want to join our own group chat for Wednesday! Of course anybody I forgot to quote is invited, too.

Famassu

Images don't load for me.

Everything that you have posted here regarding their handling of Luminous Engine is hardly what I call a good job. Even the fate of the engine is left in the air. Whether it is possible to churn out games after games of multiplatform nature from that engine, we have absolutely no idea so far. Every one of their major game so far is utilizing Unreal Engine 4.

Technically, it is a really impressive engine without any doubt. But in term of efficiency, it falls way way behind the Fox Engine and Unreal Engine 4.
How is it not a good job? Problems don't always mean something has been handled badly, surprises happen & especially with large scale projects delays/things taking longer than anticipated happen all the time. They had enough forethought to start developing a PS4/Xbone level engine years before the consoles were even announced so that they'd be better prepared for it when they are, instead of being caught with their pants down again like with White Engine/Crystal Tools. They had the good sense to bring in/consult people who had experience with successfully working on high quality game engines instead of still fumbling in the dark on their own like they did during the White Engine/Crystal Tools days. Then they had the good sense of (ultimately) not tying several big game's development to Luminous because it still needed work to be used in a larger scale throughout the company, which probably saved them from a lot of trouble in case of KHIII & FFVIIR's development. They've had problems with it and, again, it's arguable proprietary engines aren't necessarily a good investment nowadays, but I don't see how much better they could've done after they DID decide to do another in-house engine (which can be argued wasn't a totally stupid idea around 2010 when UE3 had been causing issues for a lot of developers for years and when SQEX was willing to learn from their mistakes with Crystal Tools).

And the point about them maybe not using Luminous after FFXV is just pure speculation. It isn't grounds to saying that they've done a bad job with it all if I or you can't say they'll definitely continue using Luminous for FFXVI, XVII, Dragon Quest XII and beyond. Square Enix devs themselves have said that FFXV is not the only game that is using/will use Luminous in the past year or so (after KHIII switched engines), so that's the most recent official stance. I just speculated about it because you never know with these things and the ultimate test for Luminous will be whether they feel it's good enough to use it for future game development to save the, what, 5-10% licensing fee of UE4 or will they rather pay that if Luminous is so much worse that they'd rather use something like UE4. That's really only something that they can assess after FFXV is finished. "Was it worth it for FFXV and will it be worth it to continue on this path for future games?" can only be answered now that FFXV is about to be completed.

Twookie

wow that forum post makes me hyped beyond fucking relief
fuuuuuuuuCK, shit's going to be SO good can't fucking wait

I just created one. Now I have to invite users. I guess you could post me your Twitch handles.

yo add me on that chat, bruh

twitch handle: Twookie

DKHF

This could be nothing but in this stream at 23:42, Ben Moore (ex-GameTrailers writer) says something he heard from a very credible source makes him think there is going to be "substantial news on FFVII remake" at this event.

This seems extremely unlikely, but the most possible scenario I could see is an FFVIIR Part 1 demo. Though I highly doubt that considering the game is being split into parts, but it's possible.

Koozek

This could be nothing but in this stream at 23:42, Ben Moore (ex-GameTrailers writer) says something he heard from a very credible source makes him think there is going to be "substantial news on FFVII remake" at this event.

This seems extremely unlikely, but the most possible scenario I could see is an FFVIIR Part 1 demo. Though I highly doubt that considering the game is being split into parts, but it's possible.

Thanks for linking! Hmm... I mean, it's not that far-fetched that they would include a demo of episode 1.

Ray Down

Banned
I actually hope that FFVIIr has no ties to this game... I want them to be separate since FFXV needs to be it's own thing

Same, if anything the demo will be included into DQ11.

Maybe he heard bad info or something, maybe FFXV takes place in the FF7 world.

Kagari any help?

DKHF

Same, if anything the demo will be included into DQ11.

Maybe he heard bad info or something, maybe FFXV takes place in the FF7 world.

Kagari any help?
They could be worried that FFXIII damaging the brand (at least with a lot of gamers) and so long between mainline (singleplayer) releases could mean lower sales, and this would definitely boost sales somewhat.

And I remember something about SE saying they are going to take chunks of their upcoming games and sell them in advance (like Episode Duscae, and KH 0.2). Will try and find the quote.

DeSolos

Hmm I find it a bit absurd, and too early for there to be anything legitimately included from FF7r with FFXV.

That said, assuming they did include a demo for FF7r in FFXV, that would really be proof of them pulling absolutely no punches on FFXV. They seriously would be doing everything conceivable to try to make this game a massive financial success.

Mediking

Hmm I find it a bit absurd, and too early for there to be anything legitimately included from FF7r with FFXV.

That said, assuming they did include a demo for FF7r in FFXV, that would really be proof of them pulling absolutely no punches on FFXV. They seriously would be doing everything conceivable to try to make this game a massive financial success.

I bet its happening. A FF7r demo with FF XV or even FF XV Collector's Edition would make it a million seller even faster than would it be normally be.

Philippo

You know i still am in total disbelief that in 5 days FFXV will be as real as it has never been.
I am almost literally shaking.
Holy shit what has this game done to me.

Speaking of the trailer this is what L_Spiro(FFXV staff) had to say about what we're getting next week:

CeZ7o39WEAE43_w.jpg:large

There you go, holyyyy jesus.
Is that a good source?

Brehs and brehsettes, PM me your Twitch handles, if you want to join our own group chat for Wednesday! Of course anybody I forgot to quote is invited, too.

You know what? I'm gonna create one just to chat about it with you guy!
Although i'll be watching it on PS4 while live chatting with irl friends

Idk, shouldn't SE start focusing on KHIII next? Supposedly it's the next big AAA game coming after XV.

I honestly cant believe it's been 10 years, I can remember being in middle school and raving about Versus 13, I can remember using google news damn near everyday looking for news. I could remember religiously watching whatever trailer came out, and there not being a scrap of news throughout the entirety of 2012 except for calls of Versus 13 being cancelled (which technically it was lol). I mean this game was the reason why I even lurked NeoGAF and now I finally have an account to be able to witness the Uncovered event with all of you. :) I think it's wonderful that some of us longtime fans will be finding closure for this game come later this year.

Asd202

I honestly cant believe it's been 10 years, I can remember being in middle school and raving about Versus 13, I can remember using google news damn near everyday looking for news. I could remember religiously watching whatever trailer came out, and there not being a scrap of news throughout the entirety of 2012 except for calls of Versus 13 being cancelled (which technically it was lol). I mean this game was the reason why I even lurked NeoGAF and now I finally have an account to be able to witness the Uncovered event with all of you. :) I think it's wonderful that some of us longtime fans will be finding closure for this game come later this year.

Yeah it's crazy but we're almost there...

I doubt I'll ever wait so long and eagerly for any piece of media after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom