• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV Main Story Takes 50 Hours, Airship Implementation Determined

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSolos

who is Harley

Big YouTuber. He was at Square Enix HQ visiting BD2 like a week or two ago seemingly for some sort of collab/brand deal for FFXV/Uncovered.

He's a big gamer, and apparently hasn't really been into FF recently, but keeps saying good things about what he saw.

That said, take everything he says with a massive grain of salt as Square flew him out, clearly he's being paid to promote FFXV. That's not to say his reactions aren't genuine or at least appropriate, but still... Money's involved.

Speaking of the trailer this is what L_Spiro(FFXV staff) had to say about what we're getting next week:

CeZ7o39WEAE43_w.jpg:large

chris-bosh-lizard.gif

Brehs and brehsettes, PM me your Twitch handles, if you want to join our own group chat for Wednesday! Of course anybody I forgot to quote is invited, too.

Sent!

Philippo

Yup. L. Spiro(Shawn Wilcoxen) is a senior graphics programmer that is working on FFXV.

Dayum

I honestly cant believe it's been 10 years, I can remember being in middle school and raving about Versus 13, I can remember using google news damn near everyday looking for news. I could remember religiously watching whatever trailer came out, and there not being a scrap of news throughout the entirety of 2012 except for calls of Versus 13 being cancelled (which technically it was lol). I mean this game was the reason why I even lurked NeoGAF and now I finally have an account to be able to witness the Uncovered event with all of you. :) I think it's wonderful that some of us longtime fans will be finding closure for this game come later this year.

Exact same story.
We on this boat together friends

Ceravic

I honestly cant believe it's been 10 years, I can remember being in middle school and raving about Versus 13, I can remember using google news damn near everyday looking for news. I could remember religiously watching whatever trailer came out, and there not being a scrap of news throughout the entirety of 2012 except for calls of Versus 13 being cancelled (which technically it was lol). I mean this game was the reason why I even lurked NeoGAF and now I finally have an account to be able to witness the Uncovered event with all of you. :) I think it's wonderful that some of us longtime fans will be finding closure for this game come later this year.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B6YMtiBHrcY

Seems like 10 years was either too long or too short, but for me, it was an hell of a rollercoaster ! From the awesome 2013 trailer to the disappointing Dawn trailer, SE loves to provoke or bring the fans together, but I think it was for the greater good ! Next wednesday will not be the end, but only the beginning, so let's rejoice ! #Believe

DeSolos

Whoa, I was completely unaware of it.

I wonder if it payed off for SE.

Such a strange marketing approach.

Well the vlogs aren't the fruits of their marketing campaign, just a side effect. The actual reason he went is still secret, but it's clearly related to the Uncovered event so expect something relating to him at/around Uncovered.

Well this isn't the fruits of their marketing campaign, just a side effect. The actual reason he went is still secret, but it's clearly related to the Uncovered event so expect something relating to him at/around Uncovered.

Maybe he will cook some food on stage that will be in game since he is a part of Epic Meal Time lol

Philippo

I'm just really curious about what vocal song and singer will be for this game.
I know we have Somnus, but i'm sure they'll also go for something more mainstream.
I'd love if this time it's a male, and maybe even rock-ish, would fit the context pretty well.

I know we have Somnus, but i'm sure they'll also go for something more mainstream.
I'd love if this time it's a male, and maybe even rock-ish, would fit the context pretty well.

There is a male version of Somnus on Youtube. Sounds pretty good actually but I hope they stick with Somnus

Philippo

There is a male version of Somnus on Youtube. Sounds pretty good actually but I hope they stick with Somnus

Yeah i heard it.
I meant, we'll probably get Somnus as the Main Theme that plays in the title screen or something, and then another "Main" Theme similar to My Hands, Suteki Da Ne and whatnot.
It's another chance to publicize the game no way SE doesn't hop on it.

Just have really no idea who could it be or even what style will it be.

sappyday

I was planning on watching the event after it airs because I have always worked on Wednesdays, but I go check my schedule and for the first time in almost a year I get it off. Now to go to the event or just watch the Easy Allies stream of it.

Yeah i heard it.
I meant, we'll probably get Somnus as the Main Theme that plays in the title screen or something, and then another "Main" Theme similar to My Hands, Suteki Da Ne and whatnot.
It's another chance to publicize the game no way SE doesn't hop on it.

Just have really no idea who could it be or even what style will it be.

Please no My Hands again haha

Wagram

I had the weirdest dream about FFXV last night. They re-revealed it at this event where the characters all looked the same in CG and what not, but everything else was like a Ni No Kuni adventure.

Koozek

Bx6yG1yIUAEuYH9.jpg

Izana

Neo Member
Repost: quick summary of the latest blog post on lighting.

Official blog update for March 25, 2016: "Report of Taji's Infiltration of Unknown Development Floor Areas Part 4: Flow of Time in Tsumura's Lab Feature"

Quick summary:
• Taji talked with Tsumura, AKA "Tsumura Lab," the person in charge of XV's lighting. Also known as the person in charge of weather and sky. The pictures shown were taken at Tsumura's house; the first is a head mount display, the second is a reflectance measuring instrument.
• The blog post is about change of time in the XV world. The flow of time in XV's world is the same as the real world: there is a 24-hour period. In order to create these 24 hours, the sun, moon, morning, night, etc. are all necessary.
• First Taji talks about the simulation of the sun and blue skies in the game. The photo you see is a panorama taken of the capital (Tokyo). The information from the photo must be processed through Sky System (it does what it sounds like); just replicating the photo within the game leads to strange formations of light. On the left (captioned "IBL," or "image-based lighting," as DeSolos has already explained in Koozek's citation) is an image dropped into the game without filters or changes; on the right is an image tweaked using the Sky System.
• At first glance there seems to be no difference between the two images, but keep in mind that differences in light are present among morning, noon, and night. In XV, the difference in lighting between the sun and moon has been set to 10,000 times and up. In the real world, that difference goes up to 40,000. As in the real world, 1 second of light in XV is not the same as the next second. Exposures to light are regulated through the Sky System in order to represent light in an aesthetically pleasing fashion, including the 10,000+ difference that was just mentioned.

Times of the images are as follows:
4:30 in the morning
5:10 in the morning
12:00 noon
18:50 in the evening
21:00 at night

Taji says that he "infiltrated" the development floor area that's preparing for Uncovered, but he says he doesn't know how all of the things on which he's previously reported will tie into the event itself.

As always, please look forward to Uncovered.

Koozek

Official blog update for March 25, 2016: "Report of Taji's Infiltration of Unknown Development Floor Areas Part 4: Flow of Time in Tsumura's Lab Feature"

Quick summary:
• Taji talked with Tsumura, AKA "Tsumura Lab," the person in charge of XV's lighting. Also known as the person in charge of weather and sky. The pictures shown were taken at Tsumura's house; the first is a head mount display, the second is a reflectance measuring instrument.
• The blog post is about change of time in the XV world. The flow of time in XV's world is the same as the real world: there is a 24-hour period. In order to create these 24 hours, the sun, moon, morning, night, etc. are all necessary.
• First Taji talks about the simulation of the sun and blue skies in the game. The photo you see is a panorama taken of the capital (Tokyo). The information from the photo must be processed through Sky System (it does what it sounds like); just replicating the photo within the game leads to strange formations of light. On the left (captioned "IBL," or "image-based lighting," as DeSolos has already explained in Koozek's citation) is an image dropped into the game without filters or changes; on the right is an image tweaked using the Sky System.
• At first glance there seems to be no difference between the two images, but keep in mind that differences in light are present among morning, noon, and night. In XV, the difference in lighting between the sun and moon has been set to 10,000 times and up. In the real world, that difference goes up to 40,000. As in the real world, 1 second of light in XV is not the same as the next second. Exposures to light are regulated through the Sky System in order to represent light in an aesthetically pleasing fashion, including the 10,000+ difference that was just mentioned.

Taji says that he "infiltrated" the development floor area that's preparing for Uncovered, but he says he doesn't know how all of the things on which he's previously reported will tie into the event itself.

Rin at it again
beSFiXF.png
beSFiXF.png
beSFiXF.png

Andromeda

Banned

Noctis's voice actor is actually a vocalist in a band called OLDCODEX.

Philippo

Counting pre-show and post-show in, how long is the whole thing gonna be?
Watch it as i'm staying awake all damn night lol

Noctis's voice actor is actually a vocalist in a band called OLDCODEX.

Oh god yes this is perfect, i listened to a couple of song and it's cheesy enough to be in a FF lol
And with Shimomura composing it could turn out great!

edit: listening to this and FFFUUUUUUCKK i'd love if XV gets a song like this sang by Noctis!

sublimit

Banned
50 hours are fine for the main quest.I hope the world will be interesting enough to make me want to explore and discover sidequests etc.That will add a lot of extra playtime.

C'mon, guys, if you're gonna do the tired and now cliched boy band comparisons at least use a Japanese or even a Korean idol group whom Noctis and co. more closely resemble.

Here I am sitting at work and reading through the new news.

Hype levels are going through the roof! Pre-Show and After-Show? People hyping up the tralier? Holy moly!

My body is not ready.

And Koozek I will send you the PM. Even though I will be at the event, I will be chatting with fellow FFXVgaffers.

Brehs and brehsettes, PM me your Twitch handles, if you want to join our own group chat for Wednesday! Of course anybody I forgot to quote is invited, too.
PGDarkLordMalik

Although I might be watching it on YouTube but will try to join chat on Twitch. No idea how it works though.

Quick summary:

As always, Thanks a lot for the translation, Rin :)

Koozek

PGDarkLordMalik

Although I might be watching it on YouTube but will try to join chat on Twitch. No idea how it works though.

As always, Thanks a lot for the translation, Rin :)
Added you. Open any stream (pause the video if you're watching on YT instead), check the list of chat rooms on the right and select our "FFXV-GAF" one.

To the others: please PM me your Twitch handle instead of posting here, in case I miss your post in this thread! I won't be able to follow everything too closely in the next few days.

ackl

Quick summary:

Thanks! Although GoogleTranslate wasn't that bad in translating this blog entry but your translations is so much better. :)

Mediking

I wouldn't be surprised if we got something like that at this event. It would harken back to that 2011 showing of Type-0, Versus, and XIII-2.

FF XVI isn't coming to 2019... at the EARLIEST.

Unless its been in development the entire time (WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT) and is coming 2018.

And a tease for FF XVI would totally steal the spotlight from FF XV.

It doesn't even matter if the tease was good or bad... it would take the spotlight from FF XV.

UNLESS its a super short tease of the main character from FF XVI riding a Chococbo or spending Gil or something.

Whompa02

Why would they take any attention off an event that is meant to highlight FFXV, by teasing new games years down the road? It's an event for FFXV, not the FF franchise.

That being said, if they managed to tag a small teaser/demo of FF7 on Ps4 as a preorder bonus or something, that would sell gangbusters...but once again, I doubt they'd do it. This is a FFXV event.

Also keep in mind Kingdom Hearts 3 is a game in active development as well...I doubt they even have enough developers to manage FFXV's completion, FF7r, and KH3 and any other games under SE's roof, excluding their subsidiaries, all at once. They tried stretching themselves too thin already last gen, and it did them no favors...

Like others have said, this event is called "Uncovered FFXV" for a reason.

What should be expected will basically revolve around FFXV. It is one of the the biggest game for SE and they have spent shit load of money on it. They aren't going to use that moment to put any other game like FFVII: Remake or FFXVI.

I have already stated what we should expect in term of surprise announcements. Chief among them could be a brand new CG movie, new tech demo (no surprise) and collaborations and release plans (DLC, Collector's Edition), merchandise etc. People who are expecting surprises like it is an E3 type event will only disappoint themselves. Announcing a new FFXVI or showcasing a different type of FF completely goes against the nature of this event.

I will be personally satisfied with another E3 2013 caliber trailer, release date and I would like to get a CG movie as well. I know it can be cheesy as FFVII: AC but I will still watch the heck out of it.

Regarding the marketing guy by SE (Harley). We have no idea if he even knows that Tabata has already revealed some details like the tech demo, or that there is a rumor of the CG movie. So maybe he thinks these are the secret announcements and for what it's worth, we already know them anyways. So don't take the word of any such marketing guy as gospel. Don't overhype, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom