• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Jibril said:
I've put 150 aside as well, just in case my 60GB breaks down. It's been running well and going on its 3rd year now. I don't think I'll ever purchase another PS3.

Yep. I don't care about YLOD. I'm pushing my PS3 to the limits! I'll be abusing my PS3 until PS4 releases... :p

DeVeAn

Jibril said:
I've put 150 aside as well, just in case my 60GB breaks down. It's been running well and going on its 3rd year now. I don't think I'll ever purchase another PS3.
My launch console died in august. Before that though it ran great. I love my BC.

linsivvi said:
The internal clock is just a counter, it's ticking no matter what. Your PS3 won't fail tmr and it doesn't fail today. It just refuses to believe the date exists, so it won't hurt to turn it on. Just don't try to load any game with trophies if you cannot sign in, or you risk losing any unsynced ones and corrupting your saves.

I've been posting here with my PS3 for a while and restarted it a few times even.

That's why I won't turn it on untill Sony fixes it or the problem fixes itself, I don't want to risk killing any savegame or trophies. You know how I feel if you have a Demon's Souls save on your system :lol

Suzzopher

Mafro said:
So this basically means there's a lot of brand new buggered consoles sitting on shop shelves, then?

Not at all. Unless they have started to sell the old models as new:lol

This doesn't affect you with your Slim or me and my 80gb model.

darkwing

Mafro said:
So this basically means there's a lot of brand new buggered consoles sitting on shop shelves, then?
Slims and the CECHL phat are fine, dunno who are still selling pre 2008 brand new ps3s

Mafro

Suzzopher said:
Not at all. Unless they have started to sell the old models as new:lol

This doesn't affect you with your Slim or me and my 80gb model.

Hi Suzz o/

I'm quite tempted to switch on my old 60GB for shits and giggles so I can join in on the moaning. The disk drive broke, and I haven't bothered to get it fixed yet.

linsivvi

Sidewinder said:
That's why I won't turn it on untill Sony fixes it or the problem fixes itself, I don't want to risk killing any savegame or trophies. You know how I feel if you have a Demon's Souls save on your system :lol

See the point is you can turn it on to see if you are affected. It won't hurt at all. But of course, if you can live without using your PS3 for a day, then it really doesn't matter. I just have no choice since my shitty computer broke down again.

Hanmik

Snarerush on Gamereactor (who always pretends to have a source working for Sony) says this:

CECHA01 - affected
CECHE01 - affected
CECHG01 - affected
CECHH01 - affected
CECHK01 - affected
CECHL01 - not affected
CECHP01 - not affected

and he says sony are working "hard" on a solution..

daemonarch

Neo Member
damn... i just woke up, turned ps3 on to play Heavy Rain... and got caught by this too =(
plz is there some solution or is Sony releasing some fix soon?

iQue

28kn75.jpg

Look at this, the game forgot who bought it. I wonder if waiting out will really be enough to fix this.

Corto

Hanmik said:
Snarerush on Gamereactor (who always pretends to have a source working for Sony) says this:

CECHA01 - affected
CECHE01 - affected
CECHG01 - affected
CECHH01 - affected
CECHK01 - affected
CECHL01 - not affected
CECHP01 - not affected

Where can I check this on my PS3? Is it the serial number?

Hanmik said:

CECHA01 - affected
CECHE01 - affected
CECHG01 - affected
CECHH01 - affected
CECHK01 - affected
CECHL01 - not affected
CECHP01 - not affected

translation.?. what does CECHA01 mean?

linsivvi said:
See the point is you can turn it on to see if you are affected. It won't hurt at all. But of course, if you can live without using your PS3 for a day, then it really doesn't matter. I just have no choice since my shitty computer broke down again.

"I see...thank you linsivii-san"

It will be tough but I think I can live with one PS3 free day.

Hanmik said:

I still think that is BS by Sony/Others.

The only fix to get the console running today is to somehow affect the system clock with a firmware update, but to affect the system clock with an update opens up possible piracy holes for hackers.

Sony's best bet is to wait until a new day happens (in GMT), and see if the system clock rights itself - it should do that! However, if it does not, then they have go down the line of altering the system clock, and risk the piracy.

However, that would have to be seen as almost a last resort.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
"I believe we made the most beautiful clock in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned watchmaker's blueprint that the position of a hand is wrong.

It's the same as that. It is [engineered] on purpose. It's according to specifications. This is something that we've created, and this is our specification. There was a clear purpose to it, and it wasn't a mistake.

There may be people that complain about its usability, but that's something which users and game software developers will have to adapt to."

kenfuntimes.jpg

Don't care if I'm late...holy sh-t at the size of this thread!

Keyser Soze said:

The only fix to get the console running today is to somehow affect the system clock with a firmware update, but to affect the system clock with an update opens up possible piracy holes for hackers.

Sony's best bet is to wait until a new day happens (in GMT), and see if the system clock rights itself - it should do that! However, if it does not, then they have go down the line of altering the system clock, and risk the piracy.

Forgive my ignorance but how does it open up possible piracy holes for hackers? Honest question.

Keyser Soze said:

That is how I feel about the situation. Sony will probably say whatever they can to ease PR through the day and wait it out for midnight GMT to hit and see if everything fixes itself.

Toki767

gofreak said:
So if my model is a CECHB00, does that mean it's OK? Is it really ALL fats or just some models?
Seems to be any model with the 90nm RSX chip I believe. So yes, your model would be effected.

Midas

gofreak said:
"I believe we made the most beautiful clock in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned watchmaker's blueprint that the position of a hand is wrong.

It's the same as that. It is [engineered] on purpose. It's according to specifications. This is something that we've created, and this is our specification. There was a clear purpose to it, and it wasn't a mistake.

There may be people that complain about its usability, but that's something which users and game software developers will have to adapt to."

Don't care if I'm late...holy sh-t at the size of this thread!

:lol

Where is this from? I hardly remember, something with a door and a building, right?

eggandI

Banned
72 pages? not a single one of the haiti/now chile disaster threads ever reached this many pages I think. Gaming is serious fucking business :lol

Hanmik said:

CECHA01 - affected
CECHE01 - affected
CECHG01 - affected
CECHH01 - affected
CECHK01 - affected
CECHL01 - not affected
CECHP01 - not affected

Wrong. No one knows for sure. My Launch 60GB says "Fuck You" for it is alive and kicking!

eggandI said:
72 pages? not a single one of the haiti/now chile disaster threads ever reached this many pages I think. Gaming is serious fucking business :lol

Indeed it is.
Tho that is kinda sad when you think about it.

CozMick said:
*Waits for the "My Slim doesn't connect to PSN!" post*:lol

Both my slims are fine, dont know if i should run the risk of my 80g usa model or my 40g pal machine. Go slim or go home phatties.:lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hanmik said:
is that a 20Gb model..? if so, then yes your PS3 is affected..

Yup. So I guess I'll just leave it off so... (though I wonder if because its battery powered, internally the clock's already ticked over to 1999 anyway)

Midas said:
:lol

Where is this from? I hardly remember, something with a door and a building, right?

Yeah, it was the PSP square button thing :D

eggandI

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
Indeed it is.
Tho that is kinda sad when you think about it.
That's my point. Pathetic actually. If I had my PS3 hooked up right now I probably would have never noticed anything was wrong with it until it was all patched/fixed up.

Ah well, now that I've posted twice in this thread I am part fo the problem. thenwhowasphone.jpg

Top Bottom