• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Pandaman said:
nope, i just wasn't being sarcastic.

look at it this way:
if gaf is right and sony says so - problem solved, good for sony for figuring it out quickly.
if gaf is right and sony stays quiet - problem solved, good for sony for solving that psn issue so quickly.
if gaf is wrong and sony agrees with gaf - dogs lay down with cats.
if gaf is wrong and sony stays quiet - sony comes out with pr at 00:15GMT explaining plans for a firmware update, sony appears to be on top of the issue or atleast more on the ball than gaf.

there was a tweet asking people to ignore mob science and wait for a sony source to explain the cause of the problem IIRC. gaf of course, wasn't mentioned.
Why did GAF have to be mentioned again? I'm sure plenty of people figured it out that weren't on GAF... And there were plenty of people with incorrect information. You wanted Sony to list out the correct websites and credit them?

You want Sony to update you on every little thing they're doing about this?

jergrah

The outage made The Onion's American Voices - What Do You Think section this week :p

PlayStation 3 Outage Angers Players

A programming bug in Sony's PlayStation 3 caused error messages to crop up this week, and the manufacturer urged owners not to use the gaming console for 24 hours. What do you think?

wdyt_photo6.article.jpg

Lisa Bell, Track Inspector
"You know, maybe I should take a break from playing PlayStation for a while and get back to playing Xbox."

wdyt_photo2.article.jpg

Allen Chilton, Systems Analyst
"I couldn't drive my Toyota or use my PlayStation, so I just called up my Grandpa and complained about the Japanese with him."

wdyt_photo5.article.jpg

Jim Stephens, Neck Cutter
"Yeah, my son was pretty pissed. My son is the head of PlayStation, incidentally."

Dogenzaka

Banned
Full product recall?

Fuck whoever suggested that. Fuck you to pieces.

You can try to take my functioning, backwards compatible 60GB PS3 from my cold, dead hands.

Nintendo, please do not put any stupid bios clocks, hard drives, blu ray drives, streaming software or anything into your next console. I already know Sony and Microsoft are going to make the next gen as complicated as ever.....which means more shit that can go wrong.

save us nintendo!

Dogenzaka

Banned
out0v0rder said:
Nintendo, please do not put any stupid bios clocks, hard drives, blu ray drives, streaming software or anything into your next console. I already know Sony and Microsoft are going to make the next gen as complicated as ever.....which means more shit that can go wrong.

save us nintendo!

So...what? You want a battery-powered wooden plank?

Truespeed

Some people mentioned that they weren't able to play their blu-ray games when they encountered the illegal date. Was this the case? Regardless of their reasoning (trophies, back dating) this will not end well if they think they can prevent people from playing their games just because they couldn't get the date right.

Top Bottom