• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May Cover Reveal: Final Fantasy XV

this is how the logo looks now.

newh5ao9.jpg

Koozek

yep, check the street lamps in the latest demo. They used to have the skull logo on it, now they have somthing new.
Regis's grave as well

They confirmed a while back they replaced the skull motif with the colour black. This was because it in certain markets skulls were a cultural no-no. (China)

Strange that they'd still sell it on new phone cases. Maybe the logo itself is still in the game (as the national banner of Lucis), but the worshipping part is removed.

Samimista

I know I'm late with the response, but I just wanted to say it's interesting to see the bald guy in Kingsglaive. I remember seeing him during the Versus XIII days since everyone said he looked like Rude, haha.

The phone case is real sick as well. Might buy it when I get a newer phone. My current phone is almost a decade old.

Edit: Actually, the guy doesn't look entirely bald now.

I spotted the skull logo in the Platinum Demo on one of the carpets outside the Citadel but it's really tiny. I wonder if they're toning down the reaper/death influence for thematic reasons or for (ESRB) rating reasons.

I need help

Any other link where I can buy this digitally?

My local bookstore does not carry this issue.....

The GI website says this:

"Sorry for the inconvenience, but there’s an error with your location. Our diligent code monkeys have received this error, and if they are unable to fix it, they will be…dealt with."

The google play app says this:

"This app is incompatible with all of your devices."

Any advice?

Thanks

I believe in the US (at least), Game Informer is only available to buy at Gamestop. (BTW, has anyone spotted the issue in their local stores yet?)

As far as the digital thing goes, what country are you in? It might be restricted by region.

JunkoEve

I believe in the US (at least), Game Informer is only available to buy at Gamestop. (BTW, has anyone spotted the issue in their local stores yet?)

As far as the digital thing goes, what country are you in? It might be restricted by region.

I am from Malaysia. Any idea how else could I buy this online?

I spotted the skull logo in the Platinum Demo on one of the carpets outside the Citadel but it's really tiny. I wonder if they're toning down the reaper/death influence for thematic reasons or for (ESRB) rating reasons.

YMMV. But sometimes somehow Walmart carries gsmeinformer issues

For people who don't know, the guy on the FFXIV team has quite an amazing UI lead. I am very impressed with how competent the UI is for that game. It is vastly superior to the UI you find in Korean MMORPGs, which often has an abundance of information, menus and sub menus.

Watching the new interview video from gameinformer today, there are a few places you can see the co-op attacks in action.

From the looks of it, you have control over the other characters for a brief time while executing the co-op attack. It's hard to tell from just watching Ignis's "Mark" co-op attack but when they show Prompto using his, it looks like the player is in control of his movements and can choose when to "execute" the command sort of.

That bit seems interesting.

Mediking

isPEjtO.gif

Just sayin'.

StQl4KU.gif

FF XV's clean and proper style isn't stylish at all.

Would it hurt to show some animations of the characters while clicking through menus? Like when you click on Noctis... maybe you'll see him sleeping or looking at a picture of his dad or Luna or laughing with his friends? JUST ANYTHING?!

StQl4KU.gif

Would it hurt to show some animations of the characters while clicking through menus? Like when you click on Noctis... maybe you'll see him sleeping or looking at a picture of his dad or Luna or laughing with his friends? JUST ANYTHING?!

I think thats the point.
Having a more stylish menu doesn't really fit the game, imo but yeah, I'd like to see some kind of standing animations that really show off each character's personality. Something that spices it up a little bit. KH at least has the characters walking.

Nibel

It's kinda crazy under how much pressure the FFXV team has to work

a) They have to create a good mainline Final Fantasy game after the XIII series damaged the entire brand and therefore lost a lot of goodwill from casual fans

b) This needs to sell high numbers to both the Japanese and Western market which couldn't be in any more different places right now; also, Tabata promised shareholders to aim for the best selling FF game in the franchise

c) And since they are making a freaking mainline Final Fantasy game, they see themselves in the duty of revitalizing the Japanese console market which is dying by each year

I believe in Tabata and his team but boy: I hope they will manage to get through this safe.

It's kinda crazy under how much pressure the FFXV has to work

a) They have to create a good mainline Final Fantasy game after the XIII series damaged the entire brand and therefore lost a lot of goodwill from casual fans

b) This needs to sell high numbers to both the Japanese and Western market which couldn't be in any more different places right now; also, Tabata promised shareholders to aim for the best selling FF game in the franchise

c) And since they are making a freaking mainline Final Fantasy game, they see themselves in the duty of revitalizing the Japanese console market which is dying by each year

I believe in Tabata and his team but boy: I hope they will manage to get through this safe.
Yeah, I can't even imagine the pressure. So much is riding on this game.

Byvar

Something like Persona 5's menu would be so out of place for a FF game. The FFXV menu looks perfect in that regard. It could use some animations, but it's pre-beta so they may still be added.

Anyway, I really liked this in the video:
z2tDtyO.png

This image feels so much like FF7's (and 8, and 9, but especially 7) choice moments, e.g. this:
Give_a_flower.png
They're definitely doing that right at least.
Cidney/Cindey date scene incoming???
And if you ask your friends you get Gladio???

Sanpunkan

It's not dripping style like the Persona menus, sure, but I think the clean lines, succinct animations, and legible font make it very easy on the eyes. The menus in Persona, as awesome as they look, have a bit too much visual stimulation for my taste. It quickly overwhelms me. Looks like it could use a little more polish but I am a very big fan of the clean UI FFXV is sporting.

Ray Down

Banned
Something like Persona 5's menu would be so out of place for a FF game. The FFXV menu looks perfect in that regard. It could use some animations, but it's pre-beta so they may still be added.

Anyway, I really liked this in the video:

They're definitely doing that right at least.

Yep, both series have different identities and style

I want to see Noctis get turned down for that discount.

Top Bottom