• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of almost nothing

Jonnyram said:
Red Seeds Profile 7/5/5/5?
WHOOOOOPS. Did the MMV cheques bounce this week?

Are you (or some other jgaffers) planning to buy it ? I'd like to know if it's only in japanese or multilanguage (360 or PS3 doesn't matter, i have both systems)

duckroll

Vanquish is PS3/360, it's confirmed. It's due to be out by Winter 2010. Mikami also says that while it is a third person shooter, it is not a "normal" shooter. It will emphasize speed and fast paced action, and you will also be shooting robots instead of humans. I can't make out anything else because the "scans" are way too blur after that.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
duckroll said:
Vanquish is PS3/360, it's confirmed. It's due to be out by Winter 2010. Mikami also says that while it is a third person shooter, it is not a "normal" shooter. It will emphasize speed and fast paced action, and you will also be shooting robots instead of humans. I can't make out anything else because the "scans" are way too blur after that.

No one has a real scanner anymore. It's gone the way of the pager, or the ZIP drive.

Anyway, Vanquish sounds a little ZoEish.

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
He says that it's 80% (or 60%) done. The big thing remaining is the AI of the enemies, which he isn't too excited about doing.

Moor-Angol said:
Are you (or some other jgaffers) planning to buy it ? I'd like to know if it's only in japanese or multilanguage (360 or PS3 doesn't matter, i have both systems)
A long time ago I was really interested in this title, but now I simply have a massive backlog which will probably stop me from playing this. If I can score it cheap used, I'll probably go for it, but I sense stocks will be limited so prices will stay high.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
A long time ago I was really interested in this title, but now I simply have a massive backlog which will probably stop me from playing this. If I can score it cheap used, I'll probably go for it, but I sense stocks will be limited so prices will stay high.

Why not just get the US Deadly Premonition? It's 20 bucks. Same game. Unless you only have a J360 that is.

duckroll

More details on Vanquish:

The game setting is a near-future war between US and Russia. By setting it in the future, Mikami can use robots and high tech stuff to make the game more interesting. He says the reason why the enemies are all robots is because he wants to allow players who do not like shooting other humans to be able to play and appreciate the gameplay in shooters as well. The mech suit features a high speed booster which allows you to very quickly boost next to enemies to pull off close range attacks. There are a large variety of close range attacks moves in the game. There is a balance between using cover and using the boost, but it is definitely not a pure cover shooter. You do not pick up and change weapons in the game, instead your weaponry is part of the suit and it all transforms in realtime into different sorts of weapons. The game is about 80% complete, and they're working on refining the AI for both allies and enemes at the moment. There is a demo planned, and the game will be released in winter 2010.

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Why not just get the US Deadly Premonition? It's 20 bucks. Same game. Unless you only have a J360 that is.
Oh god, the penny just dropped - so that's the game everyone was talking about recently? :lol I didn't know the English title.
I only have a J360, unfortunately, but it has had some interesting word of mouth, so I might well pick it up. Weird to have both this and Heavy Rain out within a few weeks of each other.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
Oh god, the penny just dropped - so that's the game everyone was talking about recently? :lol I didn't know the English title.
I only have a J360, unfortunately, but it has had some interesting word of mouth, so I might well pick it up. Weird to have both this and Heavy Rain out within a few weeks of each other.

Yeah, the game was originally announced as Rainy Woods, resurfaced as Deadly Premonition in the US, and finally re-announced as Red Seeds Profile in Japan. :lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
duckroll said:
Yeah, the game was originally announced as Rainy Woods, resurfaced as Deadly Premonition in the US, and finally re-announced as Red Seeds Profile in Japan. :lol
Wasn't this the game they went and got $10 million in funding for?

I can't imagine that ended very well.

duckroll

Empty said:
Vanquish sounds hot, are there any gameplay screenshots in famitsu duckroll?

Maybe? They look like gameplay screens, but they could be bullshots too. Definitely not taken from the CG trailer though.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:

The game setting is a near-future war between US and Russia. By setting it in the future, Mikami can use robots and high tech stuff to make the game more interesting. He says the reason why the enemies are all robots is because he wants to allow players who do not like shooting other humans to be able to play and appreciate the gameplay in shooters as well. The mech suit features a high speed booster which allows you to very quickly boost next to enemies to pull off close range attacks. There are a large variety of close range attacks moves in the game. There is a balance between using cover and using the boost, but it is definitely not a pure cover shooter. You do not pick up and change weapons in the game, instead your weaponry is part of the suit and it all transforms in realtime into different sorts of weapons. The game is about 80% complete, and they're working on refining the AI for both allies and enemes at the moment. There is a demo planned, and the game will be released in winter 2010.
Where can I pre-order?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
fabprems said:
Why is there no coverage for Metroid other M, Mario Galaxy 2... Nintendo didn't made a Nintendo Summit over there or what ??
To my knowledge there was no Japanese summit.

Shito

duckroll said:
Maybe? They look like gameplay screens, but they could be bullshots too. Definitely not taken from the CG trailer though.
Considering the fact the game was shown to journalists last week, I'd say those are indeed gameplay screens. ^^
From what I've heard don't expect a trailer anytime soon, though: they're probably keeping it for E3.

Empty

Shito said:
Considering the fact the game was shown to journalists last week, I'd say those are indeed gameplay screens. ^^
From what I've heard don't expect a trailer anytime soon, though: they're probably keeping it for E3.

Is it the game 1UP (along presumably with our outlets) went to japan last week to see, then?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just wondering, what was in last week and last last week's Famitsu?

AAK

What's with the cover?

pIgROmhqe.jpg

GOW3 stuff within?

faridmon

Kunai said:
Valhalla?? Really? So Itagaki thinks he's Odin.... :D
he is better than Odin.

anyway, the Wii software is just pathetic in Japan.

come on Nintendo do something and announce F-Zero WX.

duckroll said:

That sounds pretty hot.

The scans give me a Lost Planet vibe in regards to the graphics, though I doubt Capcom would let him use the Framework engine.

soco

Moor-Angol said:

the asian PS3 version has at least both languages i seem to recall from the other threads, and the 360 US version is in english but is not region free.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Nice to see a new Metal Max game, unfortunately with Metal Saga totally bombing in the US, it's highly doubtful Atlus will take a chance at releasing it in the states :(

Vanquish sounds good, hopefully Platinum Games will keep the good fight going with more score/ranking systems attached to their games.. less unintended exploits hopefully.

As for the SRPG, I doubt it's Fire Emblem. Nintendo tends to announce those sorts of things on its terms. It's not Ogre Battle, that series has been lain to rest. Sega did make an SRPG-style Shining Force for DS but never ported it to NA, so if it's this then you may not ever see it anyway.

My guess is a new Super Robot Wars entry.

WYWY

Another vote for SRW!

There must be something to redeem last year's inconsequential DS and Wii releases!

Suparobo widescreen goodness on 'current-gen' console please!

farnham

Banned
interesting how mario galaxy 2, metroid other m, fling smash and all the other still unreleased titles that were shown in the press conferences didnt even get a mention..

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
farnham said:
interesting how mario galaxy 2, metroid other m, fling smash and all the other still unreleased titles that were shown in the press conferences didnt even get a mention..

It is interesting at how incompetent Nintendo Japan has been lately, yes I agree.

WYWY said:
Another vote for SRW!

There must be something to redeem last year's inconsequential DS and Wii releases!

Suparobo widescreen goodness on 'current-gen' console please!

K and Neo were both good games.

Neo being one of the most creative SRWs in recent memory.

duckroll

Kid Marin said:
Metal Saga DS was even better IMO. Too bad it didn't get translated.

I'm sorry but what? Metal Saga DS is one of the worst RPGs I have ever played. I bought it in Japan for like 3 bucks and it still felt like a ripoff when I played it. It's total and utter shit. I find it hard to believe that the PS2 game is worse, but I've never played that.

HiResDes

duckroll said:
I have it and I'll vouch for it...It's so hilariously bad that it is good, and it also in turn turns out be one of the funniest games I've ever played

Top Bottom