• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 6 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Hope we get to see Bran this week, it's been almost 2 years since his last scene.

He's my least favorite surviving Stark child but he's still a Stark. His Sight ability has always been more interesting than the Warging IMO, so I hope we get a lot of that with some Old God lore thrown in.

I forget that there are many kids in that tree just galopping around in it like wild monkeys.

Didn't they say "We've been waiting for you!" or something? lol

He's my least favorite surviving Stark child but he's still a Stark. His Sight ability has always been more interesting than the Warging IMO, so I hope we get a lot of that with some Old God lore thrown in.

I'm assuming you're not including Rickon since he's had next to no role in the story so far.

For me, I'd have to go in this order.

Arya > Bran/Sansa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rickon.

I just hope they didn't advance Bran's story too much, I'd like to see him training instead of suddenly being this warg master.

Nameless

I'm assuming you're not including Rickon since he's had next to no role in the story so far.

For me, I'd have to go in this order.

Arya > Bran/Sansa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rickon.

I just hope they didn't advance Bran's story too much, I'd like to see him training instead of suddenly being this warg master.

Damn right I'm counting Rickon! He was always the kid who most resembled Ned, he has the second coolest Direwolf, plus there were hints he might have the Sight too. Hopefully Osha and the Umbers have him will on his way to being a great Warrior too.

1a.Arya
1b.Jon*
2.Sansa
3.Rickon
4.Bran

branandyoda_zpsumcixq6u.jpg

@DeathByBacklog

I'm not clicking on a spoiler tag without a least some context as to what I'm getting into, lol.

Trailer for next ep? season previews?

Damn right I'm counting Rickon! He was always the kid who most resembled Ned, he has the second coolest Direwolf, plus there were hints he might have the Sight too. Hopefully Osha and the Umbers have him will on his way to being a great Warrior too.

1a.Arya
1b.Jon*
2.Sansa
3.Rickon
4.Bran

Jon > Arya if we're counting him as a Stark, and if he's revived.

But Bran at the bottom of the list? That's outrageous, egregious, preposterous! Why though? His story has been pretty great. Plus, where there's Bran, there's Hodor.

Rickon definitely doesn't resemble Ned anymore than Bran or Arya, they look like they could be siblings in real life. Rickon, not so much, especially not anymore now that they've all grown.

Olly grew like 3 inches since last season lol.

Also, i felt they did a poor job dirtying up some of the characters this first episode. Reek and Margery both look way too clean and healthy given their circumstances.

Otherwise, a solid first episode.

Loke13

Olly grew like 3 inches since last season lol.

Also, i felt they did a poor job dirtying up some of the characters this first episode. Reek and Margery both look way too clean and healthy given their circumstances.

Otherwise, a solid first episode.
The Reek part I'll give you but Margery only been in prison for like what? A month maybe 2?

Ovid

Impressions of Season 6 - Episode 1.
Fantastic episode. It did exactly what it was suppose to do. Moved the chess pieces a little bit forward and gave us a taste of what to expect for the rest of the season. I loved it.

Speculation
***This may contain spoilers if you haven’t watched the Official Lore videos on the GoT Blu-Ray.***

As you read this keep in mind that I completed my 4th rewatch of the series on Saturday night. I also watched the lore again on Sunday before the premiere.

Jon Snow Death Scene in Season 5
When Jon dies at the end of Season 5, we see his blood begin to pool around his body. The Stark music that’s playing in the background eventually turns ominous and we are left with Jon’s lifeless body staring back at us. His blood is then seen flowing vertically up the screen and then the scene cuts to black. Some people thought the blood was in the shape of a howling wolf while others saw Jon’s pupils change. I watched the scene a few times as soon as the episode ended but didn’t see anything. However, every scene on this show has a purpose. The director could have easily just focused on Jon lying their motionless but instead they included his flowing blood in the scene. I eventually bookmarked it and placed it in the back of my mind.

MCJFnfz.gif

Jon Snow Season 6
When the show opens we are placed in the same spot we left off in Season 5, however a few hours have passed and Jon’s blood has now dried and been absorbed by the snow. Davos discovers his lifeless body and his it taken away. He then looks back at Jon’s blood as if he sees something (this moment made me realize that something was definitely happening here). Not only does Davos look back at the blood but the music also changes (music foreshadowing?).

MK7l7ql.gif

On my second rewatch of the S6E1 I paused it at this scene and tried to figure out what the outline of his blood looked like. Then it hit me…
it looks like someone holding a sword!!!

*Hidden behind link to prevent possible spoilers*
http://i.imgur.com/vVFjYEG.jpg

The first thing that came to mind was the GoT lore about The Lord of Light. So I went back and watched it and sure enough, if you rotate the image of the person holding a woman’s body and Lightbringer horizontally, the outline looks exactly like the shape of the bloodstain in the snow.

*Hidden behind links to prevent possible spoilers*
http://i.imgur.com/mCLNdDI.gif

Looking back at Season 5, it appears that the blood going vertically up the screen at the end of the season was the sword “being raised” with Jon’s death. Melisandre (and all of us) read the prophecy wrong. Lightbringer isn’t a sword (the one she gave Stannis in S2E1) it’s a person. The blood in the snow is some sort of religious phenomenon (sort of like the Virgin Mary seen in the clouds or on a piece of toast). During the narration of the lore scene Thoros of Myr mentions that Lightbringer will be forged from the lifeblood of a loving wife’s heart. Keywords — forged from blood.
I’m now 100% convinced that Jon will be return as Westeros’ champion (If Melisandre or any other priest/priestess brings him back).

For those who haven’t watch the official GoT Lord of Light lore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opJ7h5rwvjs

What do you folks think?

@DeathByBacklog

I'm not clicking on a spoiler tag without a least some context as to what I'm getting into, lol.

Trailer for next ep? season previews?

Jon > Arya if we're counting him as a Stark, and if he's revived.

But Bran at the bottom of the list? That's outrageous, egregious, preposterous! Why though? His story has been pretty great. Plus, where there's Bran, there's Hodor.

Rickon definitely doesn't resemble Ned anymore than Bran or Arya, they look like they could be siblings in real life. Rickon, not so much, especially not anymore now that they've all grown.

I think his story is by far the weakest. Extremely boring. It could have been done well, but I don't feel that it was. When I saw the trailer for next week, I was disappointed to see him. Maybe they'll tie him into something of note soon, but as it stands now, they could go without him and the show wouldn't be much different.

Fantastic episode. It did exactly what it was suppose to do. Moved the chess pieces a little bit forward and gave us a taste of what to expect for the rest of the season. I loved it.

Speculation
***This may contain spoilers if you haven’t watched the Official Lore videos on the GoT Blu-Ray.***

As you read this keep in mind that I completed my 4th rewatch of the series on Saturday night. I also watched the lore again on Sunday before the premiere.

When Jon dies at the end of Season 5, we see his blood begin to pool around his body. The Stark music that’s playing in the background eventually turns ominous and we are left with Jon’s lifeless body staring back at us. His blood is then seen flowing vertically up the screen and then the scene cuts to black. Some people thought the blood was in the shape of a howling wolf while others saw Jon’s pupils change. I watched the scene a few times as soon as the episode ended but didn’t see anything. However, every scene on this show has a purpose. The director could have easily just focused on Jon lying their motionless but instead they included his flowing blood in the scene. I eventually bookmarked it and placed it in the back of my mind.

MCJFnfz.gif

Jon Snow Season 6
When the show opens we are placed in the same spot we left off in Season 5, however a few hours have passed and Jon’s blood has now dried and been absorbed by the snow. Davos discovers his lifeless body and his it taken away. He then looks back at Jon’s blood as if he sees something (this moment made me realize that something was definitely happening here). Not only does Davos look back at the blood but the music also changes (music foreshadowing?).

MK7l7ql.gif

On my second rewatch of the S6E1 I paused it at this scene and tried to figure out what the outline of his blood looked like. Then it hit me…

The first thing that came to mind was the GoT lore about The Lord of Light. So I went back and watched it and sure enough, if you rotate the image of the person holding a woman’s body and Lightbringer horizontally, the outline looks exactly like the shape of the bloodstain in the snow.

Looking back at Season 5, it appears that the blood going vertically up the screen at the end of the season was the sword “being raised” with Jon’s death. Melisandre (and all of us) read the prophecy wrong. Lightbringer isn’t a sword (the one she gave Stannis in S2E1) it’s a person. The blood in the snow is some sort of religious phenomenon (sort of like the Virgin Mary seen in the clouds or on a piece of toast). During the narration of the lore scene Thoros of Myr mentions that Lightbringer will be forged from the lifeblood of a loving wife’s heart. Keywords — forged from blood.
I’m now 100% convinced that Jon will be return as Westeros’ champion (If Melisandre or any other priest/priestess brings him back).

What do you folks think?

dragon3_zpslnult9uu.jpg

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment

Speculation

MCJFnfz.gif

Jon Snow Season 6

MK7l7ql.gif

What do you folks think?

Lol, sorry man, I think you're looking way too much into this.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
All these "theories" on Jon Snow blood is looking more and more like people reading "signs" from Valve that hint toward Half-Life 3. lol

Speculation

MCJFnfz.gif

Jon Snow Season 6

MK7l7ql.gif

What do you folks think?
This is like some Reed Richards shit.

Thoros of Myr mentions that Lightbringer will be forged from the lifeblood of a loving wife’s heart.

What do you folks think?

This is some next level detective shit, I like it.

Though,
lifeblood of a loving wife's heart.

Who exactly could that be? Because there is no one related to or around castle black that could fit that description.

Lyanna and Rhaegar weren't married, right? So scratch that, if he's even their son

I think his story is by far the weakest. Extremely boring. It could have been done well, but I don't feel that it was. When I saw the trailer for next week, I was disappointed to see him. Maybe they'll tie him into something of note soon, but as it stands now, they could go without him and the show wouldn't be much different.

Daeny is the most boring in my opinion. She had a season of greatness post Drogo, the rest has been pretty mediocre. Actually, no, Dorne.

Ovid

This is like some Reed Richards shit.

Though,

Who exactly could that be? Because there is no one related to or around castle black that could fit that description.

Daeny is the most boring in my opinion. She had a season of greatness post Drogo, the rest has been pretty mediocre. Actually, no, Dorne.
LMAO!!! You guys are killing me.

Ovid

Though,

Lyanna and Rhaegar weren't married, right? So scratch that, if he's even their son
Honestly, we know nothing about their relationship. Maybe they were wed...secretly.

Though,

Yeah, she isn't much better, but I still prefer her tale to bran's.

Honestly, I used to enjoy most of the stories until the past couple of seasons. It's really falling off for me, hope that it picks up.

Honestly, we know nothing about their relationship. Maybe they were wed...secretly.

This just came to me thanks to that gif.

To add to your theory.

Maybe Meli won't revive Jon, not in the sense that we're expecting anyway. They will burn his body as they would regardless to make sure he doesn't turn and in the process he will be reborn. Just like in the image of a man rising in flames. Also Since Meli isn't who she's been visually portrayed as, is it possible she's not even Melisandre, but someone else, someone who carries the wife's blood? Is there anyone we know of that could fit that description who's body was never discovered, or went missing?

Edit:
Maybe the wife's blood is in the necklace? It's red, lol.

televator

Here's my best guess on Jon's blood: Perhaps Davos thought that it wasn't a lot of blood that came out of Jon. It's possible that the cold night prevented Jon from completely bleeding out. Meli's magic loves doing things with king's blood. It's possible Davos could make her aware of there still being a lot of blood left in Jon's body for her to work with in some way.

Volimar

Here's my best guess on Jon's blood: Perhaps Davos thought that it wasn't a lot of blood that came out of Jon. It's possible that the cold night prevented Jon from completely bleeding out. Meli's magic loves doing things with king's blood. It's possible Davos could make her aware of there still being a lot of blood left in Jon's body for her to work with in some way.

I think this is on to something, but I think it'll be Meli who goes on her own to the blood stain to work her magic, and Davos just looked at it so intently so it'd be obvious when she does so no one goes "whose blood is that?" or something.

She's seen the body though, wouldn't they have discussed a potential revival right then and there had he known it was even possible? He wasn't with her when Thoros revived Beric.

Davos later told one of the nights watch to go get her, but that was to protect them and the body from the 40 others.

Basically, does Davos even know it's possible?

Venture

She's seen the body though, wouldn't they have discussed a potential revival right then and there had he known it was even possible? He wasn't with her when Thoros revived Beric.

Davos later told one of the nights watch to go get her, but that was to protect them and the body from the 40 others.

Small point, but Meli just knocked on the door and Davos let her in. He apparently wasn't even thinking about her.

Man, things are going to get real heavy once Davos learns how Shireen died.

She can't just up and do it, she seemed genuinely shocked when she saw Thoros do it. I feel like she's going to have to find her faith again before anything pops off.

She can't just up and do it, she seemed genuinely shocked when she saw Thoros do it. I feel like she's going to have to find her faith again before anything pops off.

That's not my point though, my point is that Davos probably wasn't thinking, oh he hasn't lost a lot of blood, maybe she can still do her magic on him as the person I was quoting suggested. Because how would he even know it's possible?

I think people are looking for foreshadowing a bit much. GRRM is likely cackling like a maniac. I simply think Onion Knight saw Jon's dead body and was shocked/confused.

I mean we know Jon is coming back one way or another but I don't think imagery's giving it. It's simply because his body is still around intact (albeit with a bunch of holes) and Melly knows how to revive.

televator

I'm pretty sure Davos knows what's up. Remember, he helped Gendry escape, because he knew what was in store. I don't think he's aware that revival is possible, but rather that the red woman might be able to do something that can help them right now with what he presumes is just Stark blood -- Content from HBO's history and lore:
which does come from a long lineage of Northern Kings

Ovid

I think she was jealous of Thoros when he told her that he brought back Beric. I mean she says "You shouldn't have this power" to him.

A drunken priest who doesn't give a shit has the power to revive people. That might have been the beginning of her self doubt.

As for Davos knowing about The Lord of Light and it's power, maybe his son told him all about it. He was a fanatic.

This just came to me thanks to that gif.

To add to your theory.

Maybe Meli won't revive Jon, not in the sense that we're expecting anyway. They will burn his body as they would regardless to make sure he doesn't turn and in the process he will be reborn. Just like in the image of a man rising in flames. Also Since Meli isn't who she's been visually portrayed as, is it possible she's not even Melisandre, but someone else, someone who carries the wife's blood? Is there anyone we know of that could fit that description who's body was never discovered, or went missing?

Edit:
Maybe the wife's blood is in the necklace? It's red, lol.

And to add to your add

Meli could be the loving wife. I believe she has mentioned a couple of times how she is married to the Lord of Light. (Could be wrong on that because it has been awhile since I have seen the other seasons). Anyway, I would imagine that when they burn Jon, she also joins him on the fire and turns into a hag before burning away and Jon comes out alive. And there ends my speculation.

LowParry

I think people are looking for foreshadowing a bit much. GRRM is likely cackling like a maniac. I simply think Onion Knight saw Jon's dead body and was shocked/confused.

I mean we know Jon is coming back one way or another but I don't think imagery's giving it. It's simply because his body is still around intact (albeit with a bunch of holes) and Melly knows how to revive.

That's the impression I get too looking back on the episode. He seems more of looking over the situation and probably thinking "Damn. So this is how it is." and moves on. I don't think he's looking down where Jon's body was and pieces something together.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That's the impression I get too looking back on the episode. He seems more of looking over the situation and probably thinking "Damn. So this is how it is." and moves on. I don't think he's looking down where Jon's body was and pieces something together.
This is how I read the scene.

And to add to your add

Meli could be the loving wife. I believe she has mentioned a couple of times how she is married to the Lord of Light. (Could be wrong on that because it has been awhile since I have seen the other seasons). Anyway, I would imagine that when they burn Jon, she also joins him on the fire and turns into a hag before burning away and Jon comes out alive. And there ends my speculation.

I don't recall her ever referring herself like that.

Would need Nameless to come in here and recite her lines if true but I don't think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom