• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

axb2013

Those patch notes point to a miniature step in the right direction but considering examples of gameplay issues posted in the last few pages of this thread alone, TTK increase by 800% would be needed to offset the negatives since proper fix of DZ/rogue mechanics is not even on the horizon.

Not a fan of DZ regardless of solo/established team/randoms entering, nomad sets for solo players need a huge defensive boost or just defensive boost based on squad status (solo). They need to get creative if they want to prove to community the vague statements they keep making about endgame content.

Solo player downed by a full team of 4(or more)? XP/credit loss immunity? Option to spend 100 PC's hiring a team of lv36 NPC's to chase them and exact revenge/retrieve loot, even if they leave DZ. Would probably open up even more ways to exploit/cheat.

Not saying my suggestions are must have or even good ideas for game mechanics but I would like to see definitive proof of Ubi making an honest effort of taking the game to it's potential. As it is right now, I expect them to (barely) fulfill obligations in terms of content promised over the remainder of the year and then move onto developing Division 2. Unless Vivendi goes into full Abstergo mode with a hostile Ubi takeover mwuahaha!

ISAC:
Warning, a majority shareholder of your publisher has disavowed his affiliation with Massive!

Mullah88

Still wondering how Massive expects a lot of players to meet the 220 minimum and 240 recommended Gear Score for the next Incursion if those suggested requirements are real.

You won't sniff it doing the current HM Incursion and even doing the current CM Incursion weekly doesn't guarantee you get there.

The 200+ DZ bracket will offer higher GS rewards but to an obviously smaller number of players.

I'm at 201-205 GS (depending on the build) after 20+ HM Incursion completions. I have yet to even attempt the CM Incursion (will do so soon).

have all 204 gs weapons (primary, secondary, sidearm), at least 2 240gs gear and 214 for the rest.

i can boost mine up to 214gs but i need the 204 pistol from the base, currently at 201 (all my 240gs are all tactician gear)

Iceman829

Still wondering how Massive expects a lot of players to meet the 220 minimum and 240 recommended Gear Score for the next Incursion if those suggested requirements are real.

You won't sniff it doing the current HM Incursion and even doing the current CM Incursion weekly doesn't guarantee you get there.

The 200+ DZ bracket will offer higher GS rewards but to an obviously smaller number of players.

I'm at 201-205 GS (depending on the build) after 20+ HM Incursion completions. I have yet to even attempt the CM Incursion (will do so soon).

It wouldn't surprise me that when 1.2 launches newer/higher Gear Score items will release that once again raises the max GS and makes players reacquire all their favorite loot at a better GS. New loot can be distributed through the DZ, and blueprints and via the new incursion.

Making players chase the new # keeps them playing the various activities while they work on the next major content (DLC #1). If the new loot system is improved I won't mind rebuilding my character. They still need to work on making having a higher GS actually make you feel more powerful.

They really need to reevaluate the calibration center again. Changing the price from pcreds to D$ didn't change anything. The cost needs to cap out at a reasonable price or just changed to a flat fee. They should give you the option to use pcreds if you have no cash as well. Pcreds should be some kind of generic currency you can exchange for different things.

At launch pcreds bought you everything. People farmed them all the time because it was the most effective way to gear up. 1.1 launched and they are absolutely worthless. You can buy 2 gear set pieces (only 214 GS) for your build. We might luck into a half decent AUG roll and buy that, but overall most people I know have max pcreds and can't think of anything to buy to even waste them on.

Also, another random thought while I'm thinking about it. They took all this time to create "named" weapons, but as the GS continues to rise all of those weapons are worthless as well. Some were never great to begin with, but I feel like as the GS rises the named weapons should be a constant that rises along with them. I would love to walk into the 200+ DZ after 1.2 and hunt down a 204+ Caduceus.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
To get a 220 gear score a person would need all weapons to be 204, 2 armor pieces to be 214, and 4 armor pieces at 240.

So it would be possible to artificially boost that high in a month assuming somebody was lucky enough to get different weekly reward drops from CM.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
New DZ brackets are pretty pointless if people can still just purposely nerf their characters to go into lower brackets with people way worse in gear. At least they are finally coming to their senses and giving people an actual reason to stay in the right bracket.

Better loot is always nice. Hours and hours of grinding the DZ, I have found the AUG I currently use. Everything else has been worthless.

ch4fx_

Fixed in today's weekly maintenance:

PC chat spam
Daily missions rotation

Patch 1.2 under testing, no date of release yet (sometime this month):

One is none - fixed
Reckless - fixed
Missions not starting - fixed

1.2 LOOT:

WE WILL BE MORE GENEROUS WITH LOOT - Quality, quantity and the sources of loot!

New DZ bracket 200+
Tougher challenge in the higher DZ, with better drops.
Increased drops for lower brackets as well.

200+ Drops will range from 204 to 240, including 240 gear sets. (RIP Falcon Lost)
Reduced drop rates of mods across all activities.
Increased drop rates of weapons across all activities.

Every DT in 200+ bracket will be HE DT!
Enemies in 200+ DZ will be level 32 to 34!

Increased drop of gear sets from supply drops.

New PVE activities (no specifics).

No major nerfs to other weapons and talents, just buffs (take it with a grain of salt, they're already fixing Balanced).

Quoting patch notes for the new page.

They should make all the mats from the BoO "chests" be HE as well considering, well, it doesn't work as intended (once per hour). Getting greens from these is just silly.

EL CUCO

New DZ brackets are pretty pointless if people can still just purposely nerf their characters to go into lower brackets with people way worse in gear. At least they are finally coming to their senses and giving people an actual reason to stay in the right bracket.

Better loot is always nice. Hours and hours of grinding the DZ, I have found the AUG I currently use. Everything else has been worthless.
The 201+ bracket will have 204 HE, 240 set pieces and only yellow Division tech. You have to be a real scumbag to purposely lower your score to go into lower brackets for practically nothing
No crafting changes?
Doesn't seem like it. But they are raising the quality, along with the places to get more drops from. Seems like they want every drop to be like if it was a "Roll" at crafting. This includes PVE.

It wouldn't surprise me that when 1.2 launches newer/higher Gear Score items will release that once again raises the max GS and makes players reacquire all their favorite loot at a better GS. New loot can be distributed through the DZ, and blueprints and via the new incursion.

I believe they only referenced 214 and 240 Gear Score items during the stream, but to me this means they will actually have weapons that drop at 240 plus more prevalent max-level gear pieces especially in DZ 201+ bracket so that max GS ends up actually being 240 (whereas now it's what, 222?).

Or, they have more to share about higher GS items (above 240) that may be available in 1.2. That would be nice given the Broken Circle incursion recommended minimum score of 220..

FLAguy954

I just got a GS 163 Tactical Mk 16 AR with Capable, Balanced, and Accurate.

I'm gonna abuse the fuck out of it and my Reckless vest until they are both patched via 1.2.

EDIT: Never mind, I see they already patched Reckless. It doesn't matter because I have 11% Protection from Elites on the same vest so it all balances out lol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I want roaming NPCs in the PvE area to drop decent loot for people 30+. I know that is alot to ask, but I can dream.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Q-Building heavies and Midtown Music rushers at Level 34's.

qQpmIX.gif

Iceman829

I believe they only referenced 214 and 240 Gear Score items during the stream, but to me this means they will actually have weapons that drop at 240 plus more prevalent max-level gear pieces especially in DZ 201+ bracket so that max GS ends up actually being 240 (whereas now it's what, 222?).

Or, they have more to share about higher GS items (above 240) that may be available in 1.2. That would be nice given the Broken Circle incursion recommended minimum score of 220..

They only mentioned that 2014, 214 and 240 items will drop in the new DZ. That doesn't mean there won't be new loot to chase in the new incursion or via blueprints. By raising the GS cap again they need to buff the drops in other areas. If you are GS 300 why would you go to the DZ if it was dropping 163/182 stuff (you wouldn't). They need to keep it interesting enough so that players who aren't maxed out have a means of upgrading outside of the weekly 240 CM incursion drop. This update will allow players to advance in GS much easier than the current bottleneck.

Ted

On my walk into work this morning I saw a dirty bobble hat draped over a small wall... real life needs better loot.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Patch Notes

Updated the list of Daily Missions to avoid any potential missing days. Please note that the list has been updated on the server only and may not appear updated in the client files.​

source

State of the Game

As every week, there was a state of the game with Hamish, Yannick and this time also Quentin.

This time we got a first glimpse of what we can expect from the 1.2 update and what the major changes are. There will be a new Dark Zone Bracket, the loot will be better and more generous and the balancing of the game will be (expect the fixing of the Balance Weapon Talent) only buffs. We currently have no details about these balance changes.

Here are the important bullet points of the State of the Game. There will be a detailed article about the 1.2 changes, so that we get the full story this time. (This way we don't repeat the crafting-nerf situation)​

Daily Mission Problem

They have updated the list of the daily missions, so that there are no more problems
The file on the client has not been updated only the server side file – and the file on the server has the last word when it comes to these missions (just in case you are checking the game-files)

New Podcast about the netcode and anticheat measures to clear up some misinformation

Check it out here
Written summary of the podcast

Spam in chat

They Implemented measures to identify the spammers - that was not included in the patch notes - so there should be an improvement soon.​

1.2 Updates

These are general bullet-points that have been stated about the 1.2 update, more detailed information about fixes and loot are further down.​

• No Date on that yet, but it is in the testing phase
  • There will be a new Daily Mission system that will fix the current problem with the missing dailies
  • Testing is very important to not repeat the 1.1 problems and that it is rock-solid this time
  • New Dark Zone 200 Bracket for Gear Score 200 players with higher-level enemies and better loot
  • Dark Zone 200 Bracket has the best quality loot and good chance to get 204 items and 240 Gear Sets
  • There will be 3 Dark Zone Brackets: -160 / 160+ / 200+
  • Dark Zone 200 Bracket will only have High End Division Tech
  • Dark Zone 200 Bracket will have 32 – 34 NPCs
  • Open World / PVE will also get an update with more activities (currently unknown)
  • New Dark Zone Activities (still unknown)

1.2 Confirmed Fixes

• Reckless fixed
  • One is None
  • Mission Doors not Opening after Matchmaking
  • Base of Operation Wings not activating

Sometimes bug fixes need a client-side update, and while all fixes that can be done server side are pursued when they are possible, sometimes it just needs a client-side patch. This is why they put so many fixes in the 1.2 update.

1.2 Loot

• They made some changes to get people away from crafting but as of now, they are only half-way there
  • High ends drops are more common now but the quality is still low and it is still difficult to get good quality loot - especially in the Dark Zone
  • The whole Idea behind 1.2 is to be more generous with loot in terms of quality and quantity
  • Looting should become the main-source of your equipment and not crafting
  • There will also be less Gear-Mod drops
  • Better and more weapons drops (because they can't be recalibrated)
  • Hard Mode / Challenge Missions and Incursions will drop better loot, so that the activity is more rewarding
  • All Dark Zone Brackets get better loot, so that you can gear up your char better
  • More Gear Set drops from the Supply Drops in the Dark Zone

1.2 Balancing

• No Nerfs / just buffs
  • Balance Weapon Talent is broken – It should only give you a buff when you switch from hip-fire to shoulder. Right now you get always the balance buff – but this will be fixed. This way it will be most useful with bolt-action-rifles
  • more details are unknown at this point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...kly_maintenance_may_4th_patch_notes_state_of/

mace999

Neo Member
So after playing for a while with my friend, we always have banter about who killed the most and whose doing the most damage, until we finally decided to have a Mexican stand off, start from opposite ends of the Dark Zone and meet in the middle for a stand off to see who'd win .......
My question is, is this possible?!? If we're in the same party we can't hit eachother, and if I drop out the party it will take me to a loading screen and another server right ?!?! I'm in Asia and he's in Europe !!!

So is there anyway we can arrange this, be in the dark zone on the same server but not the same party/team??

I wish there were end of missions notes about who killed who, who dealt the most damage, who had the most kills

Archpath1

I still need to get to 75dz lol
And to 220
Crap

List looks good, it'll probably grow more as 1.2 comes closer

^^^^^

Well it should leave you in the same lobby unless a transfer happens

That's how you get party members to turn on you,they leave and shot you in the back

mace999

Neo Member
Well it should leave you in the same lobby unless a transfer happens

That's how you get party members to turn on you,they leave and shot you in the back

Aaah, thanks, I'll try later ........and I've never had that happen to me yet, thank god ...... Although I'm never healing someone I don't know ever again, as he shot me as soon as he got up :(

Mullah88

So after playing for a while with my friend, we always have banter about who killed the most and whose doing the most damage, until we finally decided to have a Mexican stand off, start from opposite ends of the Dark Zone and meet in the middle for a stand off to see who'd win .......
My question is, is this possible?!? If we're in the same party we can't hit eachother, and if I drop out the party it will take me to a loading screen and another server right ?!?! I'm in Asia and he's in Europe !!!

So is there anyway we can arrange this, be in the dark zone on the same server but not the same party/team??

I wish there were end of missions notes about who killed who, who dealt the most damage, who had the most kills

As long as no one joins you or your buddy (to initiate a server transfer) you should be in the same dz server if you disband. So yes it's possible

lt519

No mention of armor buff to go along with all those weapon buffs and higher level enemies...

I think 1.2 is a pass besides maybe stopping by to try the Incursion out.

Dave1988

Cautiously optimistic about the patch 1.2 changes. I hope it will deliver, but 1.1 also sounded amazing on paper and we all know how that turned out.

I like the idea of a 200+ DZ. I just hope they have more options for achieving a 200+ gear score. There are people that don't want to do the Incursion and prefer to stay in the Dark Zone.

No, you can definitely do this. I disbanded from my group the other day and was able to stay right there with them. Just make sure you do it in the DZ.

EL CUCO

I checked the leaderboards, some have 1000 hours lol. Insane.
StreamerHouse has been 24hr marathoning this game since it launched. They have 1375hrs between 4 people. For 1 person to already have 1000hrs is absolutely disgusting haha

DasTanK

No mention of armor buff to go along with all those weapon buffs and higher level enemies...

I think 1.2 is a pass besides maybe stopping by to try the Incursion out.

What they talked about was just a "taste." There still can be armor buffs

Patch Notes

Updated the list of Daily Missions to avoid any potential missing days. Please note that the list has been updated on the server only and may not appear updated in the client files.​

source

State of the Game

As every week, there was a state of the game with Hamish, Yannick and this time also Quentin.

This time we got a first glimpse of what we can expect from the 1.2 update and what the major changes are. There will be a new Dark Zone Bracket, the loot will be better and more generous and the balancing of the game will be (expect the fixing of the Balance Weapon Talent) only buffs. We currently have no details about these balance changes.

Here are the important bullet points of the State of the Game. There will be a detailed article about the 1.2 changes, so that we get the full story this time. (This way we don't repeat the crafting-nerf situation)​

Daily Mission Problem

They have updated the list of the daily missions, so that there are no more problems
The file on the client has not been updated only the server side file – and the file on the server has the last word when it comes to these missions (just in case you are checking the game-files)

New Podcast about the netcode and anticheat measures to clear up some misinformation

Check it out here
Written summary of the podcast

Spam in chat

They Implemented measures to identify the spammers - that was not included in the patch notes - so there should be an improvement soon.​

1.2 Updates

These are general bullet-points that have been stated about the 1.2 update, more detailed information about fixes and loot are further down.​

• No Date on that yet, but it is in the testing phase
  • There will be a new Daily Mission system that will fix the current problem with the missing dailies
  • Testing is very important to not repeat the 1.1 problems and that it is rock-solid this time
  • New Dark Zone 200 Bracket for Gear Score 200 players with higher-level enemies and better loot
  • Dark Zone 200 Bracket has the best quality loot and good chance to get 204 items and 240 Gear Sets
  • There will be 3 Dark Zone Brackets: -160 / 160+ / 200+
  • Dark Zone 200 Bracket will only have High End Division Tech
  • Dark Zone 200 Bracket will have 32 – 34 NPCs
  • Open World / PVE will also get an update with more activities (currently unknown)
  • New Dark Zone Activities (still unknown)

1.2 Confirmed Fixes

• Reckless fixed
  • One is None
  • Mission Doors not Opening after Matchmaking
  • Base of Operation Wings not activating

Sometimes bug fixes need a client-side update, and while all fixes that can be done server side are pursued when they are possible, sometimes it just needs a client-side patch. This is why they put so many fixes in the 1.2 update.

1.2 Loot

• They made some changes to get people away from crafting but as of now, they are only half-way there
  • High ends drops are more common now but the quality is still low and it is still difficult to get good quality loot - especially in the Dark Zone
  • The whole Idea behind 1.2 is to be more generous with loot in terms of quality and quantity
  • Looting should become the main-source of your equipment and not crafting
  • There will also be less Gear-Mod drops
  • Better and more weapons drops (because they can't be recalibrated)
  • Hard Mode / Challenge Missions and Incursions will drop better loot, so that the activity is more rewarding
  • All Dark Zone Brackets get better loot, so that you can gear up your char better
  • More Gear Set drops from the Supply Drops in the Dark Zone

1.2 Balancing

• No Nerfs / just buffs
  • Balance Weapon Talent is broken – It should only give you a buff when you switch from hip-fire to shoulder. Right now you get always the balance buff – but this will be fixed. This way it will be most useful with bolt-action-rifles
  • more details are unknown at this point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...kly_maintenance_may_4th_patch_notes_state_of/

Plagiarist :p

So is the consensus for falcons lost hm to run it from the center pit area?

I've completed it on the upper-right platform, on the left at ground level where there is a lot of cover above and all-around really, and in the pit.

In my experience the only thing to watch out for in the pit is in the later rounds when there are enemies in the back and front folks seem to group up on the right steps of the pit which can prove disastrous with one shot from the APC taking out the entire team.

Using the pit be wary of snipers especially when out of cover in the middle area, be aware of which rounds send what enemy types, and be careful of said grouping in later rounds on right steps.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So is the consensus for falcons lost hm to run it from the center pit area?

HM I like to run it from the right side if I have a competent group because it's faster.

For CM I still prefer the Pit as it is safer but slower.

PUGs will have more success from the pit and that's where almost every PUG I've joined goes.

edukate

Gotcha. Completed it a few times myself but when you're running with mm randos you just never know. As soon as the wall gets blown up and you hurdle over the rubble it's either center pit or anarchy lol.

ch4fx_

Super stoked with the patch notes this far & I'm looking forward to finding out what they haven't mentioned yet!

Notable highlights;
Dark Zone 200 Bracket has the best quality loot and good chance to get 204 items and 240 Gear Sets
Dark Zone 200 Bracket will only have High End Division Tech

& my personal favorite;
Dark Zone 200 Bracket will have 32 – 34 NPCs
I've been asking for this one for some time now, harder enemies will definitely make the DZ feel new again. Hopefully enemy density is adjusted as well, or at least the spawn times adjusted in our favor.

Testing is very important to not repeat the 1.1 problems and that it is rock-solid this time
lolololol, OK Massive. OK!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thats basically missions and everything else.
It's clearly not. I've run the challenge mode missions probably hundreds of times now. It's boring as shit.

The Dark Zone is a PvP area. The rest of the map is already PvE-only. This is fundamental to the game's design, as there's risk involved in the Dark Zone where better loot is dropped accordingly.

Seems like you ultimately want the rest of the map to be more exciting and rewarding, which I can see over time with the release of new missions and the updates they have already announced i.e. "Underground" in June.
The rest of the map is a barren, empty wasteland that is not used because everyone just fast travels to the start of missions. lol

I think the fact that there are no farmable elites on the map except in the Dark Zone is the biggest waste of the game.

Top Bottom