• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 spoiler free early copy impressions

One question for those who have played. Does this game still have a national treasure/Indiana jones vibe and does it feel original and compelling whereas Uncharted 3 sort of felt been there done that? In other words, if there is more focus on characters, is the plot and treasure hunting compelling?

My answer to this is: I never found that stuff compelling in the past UC games, so the character motivations and focus on top of that is a welcome addition that pushes the story forward.

WTF 5GB day one patch. Multiplayer component probably, but still..

Choex9fUkAApACo.jpg

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
the even have gun modifications, and alot to.

giphy.gif

EDIT: They even have modifications for mysticals, fucking hell they went all out with this MP

The Lamp

That happens with every game though and it's why I never take early impressions from GAF members seriously. I just hope people are right about the shooting mechanics being a big step up from the previous ones. Tuesday needs to hurry up.

I'm a bit more critical of this game than some of the ZOMG BEST GAME EVER impressions and I would say there are two undeniable facts about this compared to the other games:
- the gun combat is just better, the aiming is more precise, the animations are better, the sounds and recoil are more realistic.
- the graphics and animations almost cannot be overhyped, they are so good. Just amazing.

Alienous

Am I supposed to just guess how many hits I can take from a Wrath of El Dorado, or how long it'll last?

I don't get the logic behind doing something like that.

The Lamp

Example of funny animation detail I saw.

Nate and his partner AI were climbing and the next ledge didn't have enough room for both of them, so Nate grabs and holds onto the partner's shoulders and puts his feet on the back of their knees. To hold the weight, he shifts his weight back and forth between the legs while the partner looks like they struggle to hold them off the ledge. It looks hilariously realistic.

brau

Am I supposed to just guess how many hits I can take from a Wrath of El Dorado, or how long it'll last?

I don't get the logic behind doing something like that.

I am sure if you customize it it will have different tells so you know which kind it is. No? Perhaps different color.

Alienous

"Let's do a beta to figure out if we've gotten the balance right"

"Ok, now lets uproot all of that work and add a bunch of stuff"

Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif

Yep, this is definitely the same Naughty Dog MP team who managed to ruin Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.

MGSV intro was like those times where you have to slowly follow an NPC in Call of Duty, but stretched to a hour. The game is constantly taking control away from you every 1-2 minutes. Its SO self-indulgent and melodramatic, the patients getting killed in the most showy way possible(I laughed quite a bit at the guy who puts his face up the curtain, as if posing for a camera). So overdone, with the near-constant shaky cam, the light distortions, DoF, and the slow-mo! So! Much! Slow-mo! You never feel in any kind of danger, it just goes on and on and on. There's no tension, so you just sit there and wait for it finally come to an end, waiting for all the predictable "dramatic" reveals and last-minute saves with the Ambulance crashing into not-Volgin. One of the worst opening hours of a video game I've played in ages.

goddamn. is that in game as in you moved the camera around and took a screenshot?

if so, wowow. i have been proven wrong. i cant believe i didnt trust in naughty gods.

I think it is the most graphically incredible game on any console. I'm used to gaming with ultra 4k on my PC, and I'm pretty sure that UC4 is the most graphically impressive game I've played.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Nate and his partner AI were climbing and the next ledge didn't have enough room for both of them, so Nate grabs and holds onto the partner's shoulders and puts his feet on the back of their knees. To hold the weight, he shifts his weight back and forth between the legs while the partner looks like they struggle to hold them off the ledge. It looks hilariously realistic.
Holy shit at this.

MGSV intro was like those times where you have to slowly follow an NPC in Call of Duty, but stretched to a hour. The game is constantly taking control away from you every 1-2 minutes. Its SO self-indulgent and melodramatic, the patients getting killed in the most showy way possible(I laughed quite a bit at the guy who puts his face up the curtain, as if posing for a camera). So overdone, with the near-constant shaky cam, the light distortions, DoF, and the slow-mo! So! Much! Slow-mo! You never feel in any kind of danger, it just goes on and on and on. There's no tension, so you just sit there and wait for it finally come to an end, waiting for all the predictable "dramatic" reveals and last-minute saves with the Ambulance crashing into not-Volgin. One of the worst opening hours of a video game I've played in ages.
yep, HATED it.

Also why I'm particularly not too fond of the TLOU intro tbh

Memento

WTF? :0

Even if he was, I'd say there's some truth to it. The mystique of playing the game before the waves of millions I can see being tricky to put aside.

Even if he was, I'd say there's some truth to it. The mystique of playing the game before the waves of millions I can see being tricky to put aside.

Lol did you accidentally post this thing twice, once at the top of the page and near the bottom haha

AngryMoth

Watching the MP stream.

As someone that enjoyed the simplicity of 2 can't help but feel they have really over designed this again, however the gameplay does look undeniably fun.

Top Bottom