• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Juggalo Gathering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

What's cool about the Andrew WK clip? He just stands there and gets pelted with stuff.

The only thing that seemed weird about it is that you'd think the crowd would eventually run out of crap to throw -- but they never do :lol

Aaaah, looks about what it was like where I grew up. Now I remember why I don't live there.

However, I'm so disappointed... a few of those boys might have been cute if they didn't look like complete fuckwits.

KamenSenshi

Darkness said:
i dont know either
what if you already are a juggalo? would you want to know? i know a few people here are down wit tha clown. actually that people of walmart site could also be known as how to spot a juggalo.

MiDNiGHTS said:
kramerscared.gif
Thought the same thing.

Ignatz Mouse said:
Is this a sequel to the Faces of Meth thread?
:lol :lol :lol

Rorschach

ChubbyHuggs said:
I have this shirt and people always ask me if I am down with the clown:
http://www.topatoco.com/graphics/00000001/snf-ninma.gif[/ig]
It's from [B]Sam and Fuzzy[/B].[/QUOTE]
I'm not hearing a no~

NGAMER9

"And I wanted to come out here to experience it. To see what it's all about. To see what people are made of. I heard it was a big celebration. This is for you. For you! For you! And you!"

Andrew WK is so awesome.

border

Is that what an Andrew WK show is actually like? He just sings and headbangs to a pre-recorded track? I'm not really familiar with the guy's music outside of beer commercials or whatever.

The people in the YouTube comments seem to think he's "trolling" the audience, but it sounds like he was and is really happy to give that show.

http://pitchfork.com/news/36449-andrew-wk-talks-pianos-explosions-juggalos-and-other-ways-to-party/

It was incredible. It was absolutely overwhelming in ways that I never could have imagined. But I am extremely grateful. I didn't have the chance to play, but I actually did have an incredible, life-changing time.

Pitchfork: So you didn't mind that the audience didn't treat you well?

AWK: Well, I still don't really know how to interpret it. The audience was throwing stuff around and screaming, acting really rowdy all day with every performer. So it wasn't clear to me. I've played before crowds in Europe where that kind of reaction is considered a particular kind of support or almost a kind of initiation. I don't know how to interpret it, but I was just glad for a very passionate response. That's really all you can ask for-- to get energy back from the crowd.

Pitchfork: Did you get pulled off the stage? It was hard to tell what was going on.

AWK: They said it was an insurance reason, that I had to be removed from the stage for my own safety. I think when people were launching bottle rockets and large boulders, they decided that for my own welfare-- and the welfare of the insurance company-- that it was best to stop. That was really wild. I didn't realize it during the show, but I have to take their word for it that it was. Afterward, the next day, I realized I was covered in bruises. I didn't feel anything like that happening during the show. Once I start playing-- I'm sure many people relate to this-- I go into a place that's so driven by adrenaline and by the music that there's a superhuman state that you're in-- not necessarily above human, but definitely using all your resources. It's a very athletic, physical place to be. I wasn't processing everything that was happening.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
wRATH2x said:
Shitty is being generous.
Is trolling Whitta a thing now?

There was a dateline special that pointed out how the ICP gained a following by promoting themselves as anti-corporate, and then basically used their popularity as a springboard to launch their own brand. Unfortunately, the irony is lost on their fans.

wRATH2x

Banned
SapientWolf said:
Is trolling Whitta a thing now?
Is telling the truth trolling now?

Just having some fun, the movie was still nothing special though
DMczaf said:
I see a Dark Knight shirt :(
Dark Knight is so popular and awesome, everyone loves it!

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Gary's next flick: The Book of Silent J.

"Yoooo MANNNn, if you dont gimme that BOOK you gonna get some pAINTED BALLZ all up in that mouf!"

You can probably get Phillip Seymour Hoffman to play the role.

Aesius said:
lol, so you block everyone who doesn't like your movie?
No, there are plenty of people in the Eli threads on this board who didn't like the movie and I haven't blocked any of them. If you have some intelligent criticism to offer I'm all for it. But if all you can manage is a lame and random pot-shot in a discussion that has nothing to do with the movie simply because I started the thread then that just makes you a dick and welcome to my ignore list :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom