• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Rising 4 leak from old build, maybe re-imag of 1 w/ 4p co-op & full town

Nope, but it came to PC like 6-8 months late and was published by Capcom and not Microsoft.
But it's still an Xbox exclusive much like SFV is a PlayStation exclusive. If DR4 is exclusive on Xbox it will be Win10 exclusive this time around. Something tells me this sequel would not have happened without MS funding it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So this was that other Capcom game. Devil May Cry fans continue to mourn.

I'm starting to lose faith.

Capcom said in their forecast for the next few years earlier this year that both Dead Rising and Devil May Cry were bigger pillars for their releases within that time span (I forget the exact span, but I think it was 2016-2018?), so I wouldn't be too disheartened even if Dead Rising comes around first.

Paz

So don't know how to feel about this, I've never seen a series be as mishandled as Dead Rising.

DR1: The near perfect game, incredible humor, wonderful visual style, new and exciting concept, stole my attention for weeks.

DR2: Switched developers, went a bit zany and had far inferior characters/world, not a terrible game but it just felt like a step back in most ways compared to DR1.

DR3: Switched developers again, removed clever setting for generic open world, removed lovely style of characters/visuals for generic angst and grit, barely seemed to understand what Dead Rising was.

Please let Dead Rising 4 be the sequel I've wanted for so many years!

Ridley327

Hope the selection of characters is diverse and larger than four.

Assuming they're not doing the My Frank approach to the co-op, the first game had a pretty wide range of characters that could fit in as playable protagonists. Some story elements would have to be changed around to make them work for the entire game, but it could work.

joe2187

Banned
Yes!

DR3 was a ton of fun, one of my favorite sandbox game series.

I've played through all DR games multiple times.

I want more old man Chuck Greene.

So don't know how to feel about this, I've never seen a series be as mishandled as Dead Rising.

DR1: The near perfect game, incredible humor, wonderful visual style, new and exciting concept, stole my attention for weeks.

DR2: Switched developers, went a bit zany and had far inferior characters/world, not a terrible game but it just felt like a step back in most ways compared to DR1.

DR3: Switched developers again, removed clever setting for generic open world, removed lovely style of characters/visuals for generic angst and grit, barely seemed to understand what Dead Rising was.

DR2 and DR3 were developed by the same studio under a different name.

Yeah, and how does that affect a Steam release?
If it's an exclusive on Xbox, and it's not coming out on PlayStation, there's a really good chance it's gonna be a Win10 exclusive. Especially if MS is funding it which given how badly Capcom is doing with AAA games, I'ma guess that's why it exist.

naitosan

Yes! I love me more Dead Rising. Hope it'll include Dead Rising 1 and 2 360 BC codes as preorder bonus. And hope they'll go for 900p at least like DR3.

KDC720

Always happy to see more Dead Rising, although I kind of wanted a cruise ship setting this time.

Anyway, I guess a remake of the first game makes sense. 3 was set like 10 years in the future, and kind of wrapped the series up pretty nicely storywise.

dankir

If it's as crazy and over the top as DR3 count me in.

Hopefully there isn't a timer on this one. That shit is toooooo stressful.

It wasn't really an issue in DR3, I never finished the first one on 360 or played the 2nd.
Hopefully we get some sort of free roam mode and I'm good :)

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I predict a 360 backward compatibility download bundle of 1, 2 and Off the Record will be a preorder incentive.

The first one is one of my favorites from last gen so this sounds like a system seller to me if it is true. I always wanted to explore the town in the intro when you fly around the helicopter.

Always happy to see more Dead Rising, although I kind of wanted a cruise ship setting this time.

Anyway, I guess a remake of the first game makes sense. 3 was set like 10 years in the future, and kind of wrapped the series up pretty nicely storywise.

lol Cruise ship would have been kinda funny. I have been wanting a giant amusement park. Just imagine a dead rising version of disney world

based on what? usually 3rd party exclusives for Xbox end up on Steam when they release on PC

I think there is a pretty great chance that if this is indeed a XB1 console exclusive, there will be a Windows 10 UWP version. The question is whether there will indeed be a steam version.

JaggedSac

There will be. If they get rid of the timer then they may as well not even call it Dead Rising. Especially if it's a re-imagining of Dead Rising 1.

#tohellwiththetimer

You can do pretty much everything in 3 and have like 2 days left on the counter. There is a mode that slows down the flow of time if you want to collect everything.

Oh really? Did not know that. Every time I wanted to just explore shit that timer was in the back of my head. I ended up not finishing the game.

joe2187

Banned

I dont think you played much of DR3 if all you got from it was generic angst and grit.

It was just as goofy and over the top as all the rest. And even more gross than before.

Top Bottom