• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Rising 4 leak from old build, maybe re-imag of 1 w/ 4p co-op & full town

Wereroku

Given the history of the series on Xbox, and the 'fact' that MS are publishing the new game, I think it's highly likely that this is much more than just a timed exclusive.
We will see how they handle the e3 announcement. If it's more side talking garbage like rotr we will know. But I would assume it is exclusive like dr3.

I think they should word it like it was with SFV. Or word it like DR3.

I am sure they will. Dragon is so definite that if it isn't exclusive it's probably a long timed. I am thinking it's like DR3 though Microsoft has publishing rights but don't actually own the game so theoretically it could be released on PS4 but would probably involve negotiations with MS. Would be nice if we had a leak in Capcom Vancouver they would definitely know if a ps4 version was ever going to happen. Plus I really want to know what their other projects are and if they will be announced this year.

Yoday

Appropriate time for this to pop up, as I finally got back to DR3 and plan to finish it tonight. Loved the first game, haven't played DR2 yet, and I have been loving DR3. I just hope they don't make the open world such a nightmare to navigate in DR4. All of the broken or blocked off roads make getting from point to point incredibly frustrating in DR3. Also, bring back the OP as fuck Electeofire Staff.

c0de

I am sure they will. Dragon is so definite that if it isn't exclusive it's probably a long timed. I am thinking it's like DR3 though Microsoft has publishing rights but don't actually own the game so theoretically it could be released on PS4 but would probably involve negotiations with MS. Would be nice if we had a leak in Capcom Vancouver they would definitely know if a ps4 version was ever going to happen. Plus I really want to know what their other projects are and if they will be announced this year.

But why would you want to know if a PS4 version was perhaps planned if it doesn't release on PS4?

Wereroku

But why would you want to know if a PS4 version was perhaps planned if it doesn't release on PS4?

Huh? I was saying Capcom Vancouver would know for certain if it was an exclusive since they would only be working on the XBO version. I might have said that awkwardly I meant DR3 was never developed on anything but a Microsoft system and if DR4 is the same way then we would know. But a capcom source would be the only ones to know that.

Well this is disappointing. I was hoping the rumored zombie game from MS was going to be State of Decay 2. =/

That's coming as well. Kotaku broke that one.

Wereroku

ekim knows more than I do about DR4 afaik

so if he says that it's possinly not 100% exclusive, it might not be

So your sources haven't said that it is a console exclusive just that it is being published by Microsoft. That usually means exclusive though blah so we still have to wait for E3 to see how they officially announce it and answer questions since they are going to be asked about it after ROTR's mess.

T.O.P

Banned
State of Decay 2 if polished well enough could be bloody fantastic

Really curious on what will change from the first game

ElNino

I hope its not exclusive. be crazy for them to keep it exclusive.
The same could be said for SFV, but Capcom made the deal there as well. I would wager that this is a similar deal to that with MS funding a portion of the development, and publishing in order to get it on W10.

Ninhead

Not a reboot. Frank goes back to Willamette for answers- takes place between DR1 and DR2. Looking for the "rest of the story". While he's there, new outbreak happens.

Younger Frank? Set in past. DR4? They wouldn't number a reboot in sequence.

I have no source.

The same could be said for SFV, but Capcom made the deal there as well. I would wager that this is a similar deal to that with MS funding a portion of the development, and publishing in order to get it on W10.

It will be like most third party exclusives this gen in that it wouldn't exist without the influx of cash from the console manufacturers. In that case, I'm just happy to have the game and will happily play on a XB1.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Capcom's track record this gen leans towards it being a full blown console exclusive. The two AAA games they've released this gen have been exclusives.

Top Bottom