• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Rising 4 leak from old build, maybe re-imag of 1 w/ 4p co-op & full town

Paz

I dont think you played much of DR3 if all you got from it was generic angst and grit.

It was just as goofy and over the top as all the rest. And even more gross than before.

It wasn't even remotely the same style of humor despite its inserted absurdities, they missed the tone target by several thousand country miles.

So don't know how to feel about this, I've never seen a series be as mishandled as Dead Rising.

DR1: The near perfect game, incredible humor, wonderful visual style, new and exciting concept, stole my attention for weeks.

DR2: Switched developers, went a bit zany and had far inferior characters/world, not a terrible game but it just felt like a step back in most ways compared to DR1.

DR3: Switched developers again, removed clever setting for generic open world, removed lovely style of characters/visuals for generic angst and grit, barely seemed to understand what Dead Rising was.

Please let Dead Rising 4 be the sequel I've wanted for so many years!
After how 3 ended up, I wouldn't hold my breathe on the supposed remake doing the original any justice.

It wasn't really an issue in DR3, I never finished the first one on 360 or played the 2nd.
The timer wasn't an issue in Dead Rising 3 because it may as well not even exist with how ridiculously lenient it is.

Salarians

v1xKoNE.jpg

SSvWMYc.jpg
If that's actually supposed to be Frank West, I am very disappointed.

I don't really see the point of remaking 1. It still holds up pretty well visually and just porting it to PC/XB1 at 1080p60 with some improved effects (bokeh DoF, more motion blur samples, adding ambient occlusion, etc.) would be simple. Fix the stupid AI for the survivors you have to rescue, add an extra save slot or two, new achievements, and you got a $30 budget title that'll sell like hotcakes.

But I'm guessing they'll just basically turn DR1 into DR3 instead.

Chinner

Banned
Hopefully it'll be like Dead Rising 1 in terms of difficulty and design. The sequels made it too accessible and defeated the intention of the franchise.

Ridley327

If that's actually supposed to be Frank West, I am very disappointed.

I'm not particularly surprised, seeing as you have the likes of Sam Fisher winding up with his own Portrait of Dorian Grey situation as the Splinter Cell series progressed. Frank's design in the first couple of games was a really inspired decision from Inafune.

I hope it comes out on both and PS4 as well as PC.
But my guess is that Microsoft is backing this again.
Would really like a cboat thread right about now...

Hopefully it'll be like Dead Rising 1 in terms of difficulty and design. The sequels made it too accessible and defeated the intention of the franchise.

I'm hoping it'll be more like 3. I hate the old school Dead Rising design. Timed hard mode would be nice for purists, though.

Welfare

They could label this as something different than Dead Rising 1 Remake I think since it sounds like it'll be completely different than the first one in terms of the amount of content.

joe2187

Banned
It wasn't even remotely the same style of humor despite its inserted absurdities, they missed the tone target by several thousand country miles.

Not really sure what you mean. Everything was there.

Im guessing you mean Nick as the protaganist, because he was obviously the weakest and most boring of all the DR protags especially when compared to chuck and Frank.

(Chuck is best DR character by the way)

My immediate knee jerk reaction is wishing it had or has the colors and vibrancy of DR1 and 2. DR3 was too po-faced and grim despite retaining the goofiness of the previous games.

Chinner

Banned
I'm hoping it'll be more like 3. I hate the old school Dead Rising design. Timed hard mode would be nice for purists, though.
3 really betrayed the soul of the franchise. Dead Rising was like Demon Souls before the sequels took away design aspects of saving and imolem Ted checkpoints.

duckroll

Why would you call a remake of the first game Dead Rising 4?

3 really betrayed the soul of the franchise. Dead Rising was like Demon Souls before the sequels took away design aspects of saving and imolem Ted checkpoints.

Dead Rising 3 should have taken place in a huge theme park like Disney World or what not. The idea of the "open world" in a Dead Rising game being a unique public attraction in itself was something I loved about the series. Just being a regular city is booooooooooring.

Ridley327

Not really sure what you mean. Everything was there.

Im guessing you mean Nick as the protaganist, because he was obviously the weakest and most boring of all the DR protags especially when compared to chuck and Frank.

(Chuck is best DR character by the way)

My man.

Ideally, the perfect version of DR2 would have been Chuck's story but having most of the end-game from OTR, sans the way OTT final boss encounter.

And it turned off a lot of people. I like the more casual nature of Dead Rising 3 and 4-player co-op hints we're headed that way with this remake as well. Bad for you and good for me I suppose, unless there is a really good hardcore mode for you.

Top Bottom