• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Rising 4 leak from old build, maybe re-imag of 1 w/ 4p co-op & full town

Chinner

Banned
And it turned off a lot of people. I like the more casual nature of Dead Rising 3 and 4-player co-op hints we're headed that way with this remake as well. Bad for you and good for me I suppose, unless there is a really good hardcore mode for you.
It's a shame, the original was a tight package and did a lot with its checkpoint and time system. It made it a highly replayable game, which made you think about your choices in time management, and made you plan time efficient paths and made item management more important. Shamefully, alot of people wanted DR to be just an open world game where you just kill zombies randomly to waste some time, and they got their way mostly.

Salarians

Looks like a better design than fat Dan Aykroyd at least.
tumblr_nsya6fNEch1r7sijxo1_500.gif

It's a shame, the original was a tight package and did a lot with its checkpoint and time system. It made it a highly replayable game, which made you think about your choices in time management, and made you plan time efficient paths and made item management more important. A lot of people wanted DR to be just an open world game where you just kill things randomly to waste some time, and it that's how it is now.

That's all most people who played the original demo and first game did actually. And a lot of us had a TON of fun doing it.

The gameplay and themes of 3 really weren't that bad, especially compared to what they pulled with
Isabella

Don't see the issue with 'Frank's' seriousness there when the cover of the original game was this:

Deadrising_boxart.jpg

Dead Rising 3 had the crappiest story, but it was still a blast.

I'm down for more dead rising!

I do hope they don't notch up the dark and gritty. If anything, Dial it back. I like a little darkness to it, but keep it balanced. Also, they really need to get some good psychopaths this time. The bosses in 3 were really bad, and way too easy to be fun.

Edit: Say what you will about 'Fat Dan Aykroyd', but I always felt the character designs in these games have a lot of uniqueness to them. The characters, the way they animate, and their personalities really sell these games for me.

And it turned off a lot of people. I like the more casual nature of Dead Rising 3 and 4-player co-op hints we're headed that way with this remake as well. Bad for you and good for me I suppose, unless there is a really good hardcore mode for you.

Acting as if a "hardcore" mode is what's missing for fans of the previous games really shows your ignorance. Then again, it's not like you're doing anything but trolling in the first place.

Acting as if a "hardcore" mode is what's missing for fans of the previous games really shows your ignorance. Then again, it's not like you're doing anything but trolling in the first place.

I'm not trolling at all. The hardcore mode would obviously have to appeal to the original Dead Rising fans to be successful. I'm aware of how the original game worked and why the huge DR fans like the game and disliked the sequels.

_SAKY_

It's a shame, the original was a tight package and did a lot with its checkpoint and time system. It made it a highly replayable game, which made you think about your choices in time management, and made you plan time efficient paths and made item management more important. Shamefully, alot of people wanted DR to be just an open world game where you just kill zombies randomly to waste some time, and they got their way mostly.

This.

Wereroku

I actually wouldn't call it a 1:1 remake but rather a reimagination.

That would be even more of a reason to make it not numbered wouldn't it? What not just call it DROne since they are going all in with Microsoft?

Grossed out at the thought of repeating Dead Rising 3's XB1 visuals. Really hope this comes to PS4/Neo

It's not but it is coming to the PC and you can look forward to the Scorpio. But realistically if they are moving to UE4 they should have better performance.

DOWN

Banned
Grossed out at the thought of repeating Dead Rising 3's XB1 visuals. Really hope this comes to PS4/Neo

Somnia

This is using a new engine based off everything we've heard also that was a launch game that got moved over from the 360, it will look better.

The port begging today is heavy on GAF(not only in this thread).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope they didnt think this as one of their software megaton for the presser.

Capcom said they had two other unannounced major titles for the fiscal year, one they estimated to sell 2 million, one they estimated to sell 4 million.

If this all is true as it seems, it is almost certain that Dead Rising 4 will be the one they expect to sell 2 million, and Resident Evil 7 is the one they expect to sell 4 million.

DOWN

Banned
You think this a 2016 title?
Even if it isn't, Scorpio is a hell of a long ways away. That's expected Holiday 2017. This game is very likely to be out by early next summer at the latest, possibly this holiday or next spring too.

GamerJM

Banned
Why would you call a remake of the first game Dead Rising 4?

Dead Rising 3 should have taken place in a huge theme park like Disney World or what not. The idea of the "open world" in a Dead Rising game being a unique public attraction in itself was something I loved about the series. Just being a regular city is booooooooooring.

Nintendo did something similar with how they internally named the DS remakes of the first and third Fire Emblems. The fanbase refers to them as FE11 and FE12 respectively.

KDC720

I agree about the timer, it really was a brilliant design decision in the first game that went a long way towards making it unique.

Top Bottom