• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Wii U - Recap of 5 hours gameplay stream

PKrockin

Those are from a different thread but unless Nintendo started releasing bullshots I'd say it's still possible they are from the NX version. 60fps Zelda has been limited to LinkBetweenWorlds and Triforce Heroes but bringing a 30fps game to 60fps doesn't mean all the animations need to be remade at 60fps. The game's engine can handle the doubling of certain animation frames automatically. Sure everything wouldn't be actually 60fps but the game itself would be and would feel smoother and more responsive. It just wouldn't look much smoother without actually adding more frames to the animations.

Again, making stuff up
Nintendo released bullshots of Skyward Sword (as in, much higher res + AA) when it was released, so I'm assuming these are bullshots too.

Red Hood

Banned
If this Link is indeed the Hero of Time, I hope we get an HD remake of Ocarina of Time and maybe Majora's Mask. Or preferably both.

ReyVGM

Ah, that would be cool.

I wonder what we're going to have to do in hot areas. In cold areas it makes sense. Wear more clothes, use fire, eat food. But in the heat, there's only so many clothes you can take off, and eating food probably won't help. Maybe you'll be able to make cold drinks or cold dishes. Maybe you'll have to find water to take a dip in.

Well I guess that's what the hoodie is for? People that live in desert areas wear white clothes and cover their heads. Removing your clothes will probably just make the sun burn your body. Hopefully that's implemented since Link gets red in the chest and cheekbones when you are in the cold.

DangerMan

Banned
Nintendo released bullshots of Skyward Sword (as in, much higher res + AA) when it was released, so I'm assuming these are bullshots too.

Well, seeing as how there is a far along Wii U emulator I figure that by the time this actually releases people will have a way of playing it at 4K on PC via CEMU or whatever the good Wii U emulator on PC is called.

EDIT: Which is why Nintendo needs to release it asap or else people will just pirate and play it at 4K on PC via CEMU. If they release it and the NX before CEMU gets farther along and before many people have powerful enough PCs for 4K Wii U emulation then they still have a chance at selling this game and the NX.

Instro

Do we know if this is 1080p or 720? For a game releasing in 2017 that would be ludicrous, but it's still the Wii U we're talking about... Most gameplay feeds seem to be 720p and that kinda would be a shame for this great art style.

I think it would be cool if he'd use significantly more stamina when he's overheating. Like, for example, if it takes 10 seconds for the stamina bar to deplete when sprinting or climbing, it now becomes 3 seconds or something.

Definitely 720p. WiiU has only managed 1080p for a couple of less hardware intensive games.

what-ok

In these videos I keep preparing for the player to parry and or perform a backstab. Oh wait. Completely wrong game. Sure would be nice to have more fighting mechanics and some that are high damage.

BY2K

Membero Americo
With the amount of water in this game, there's no way there isn't a moment where you have to dive deep underwater for a dungeon or items or whatnot.

I think we can all agree that Zelda was a success at E3

10Qwa9NDpwhSDu.gif

MaxHouse

Banned
Does anyone feel like Zelda vs. Horizon is going to be the big "rivalry" that people are going to compare in the upcoming months, even though their completely different games?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Does anyone feel like Zelda vs. Horizon is going to be the big "rivalry" that people are going to compare in the upcoming months, even though their completely different games?

Of course. They're open world action adventure games with an ancient technology theme, heavy focus on bows and a whole bunch of other stuff but are still wildly different but most people wont treat them as such and pit them against one another like you have to choose one or the other.

PKrockin

I'm just glad whenever there's a good new "Zelda-like" game on the market, they are too few and far between.

Ashby

Horizon's going to be out over a year before BotW. Won't even be part of the discussion.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-the-biggest-nintendo-g/1100-6440923/

How long will it take for someone to see and do everything in the game? Could somebody play this for 100 hours and still have things to do?

In the past, there's the idea of getting 100 percent%, getting all of the items and armor. Fans of past Zelda games have done that. But I really think it's going to be difficult with this iteration. At least, nobody on the development staff has done that yet. There may be very skilled players that can do it quickly, so I really can't tell, but it's very big.

OEHoGTs.gif

MajorMane

If this Link is indeed the Hero of Time, I hope we get an HD remake of Ocarina of Time and maybe Majora's Mask. Or preferably both.

There's gonna have to be a lot of stretching to make it the Hero of Time, IMO.

But on the note of remakes, go play the 3DS versions of both those games. They're worthy versions (better than the originals).

chadboban

I don't have a video handy for parrying melee weapons but here's Link parrying a laser.

https://youtu.be/fEI8H262EAk?t=1m6s

This video is great btw, it has a few more gif-worthy moments of things not shown off in the Treehouse stream.

Video is fantastic. Noticing things already.

Here link repeatedly stabs the enemy with a pitchfork on it's feet and with the final push he pushes the enemy's legs back causing him to fall over on his face before he dies.

Also love how link's shield doesn't become immediately useless when burned and instead stays on fire for a bit before disintegrating. https://youtu.be/fEI8H262EAk?t=2m42s

Top Bottom