• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toy Story 3 - where is the "Game" announcement ?

Cirruss

Keyser Soze said:
588806_51645_front.jpg

I remember this game when i was young, thought it was awesome. Apart from the RC car level, i could never get my head around the controls at the time, where up on the dpad was accellarate no matter what direction the car faced.

Chittagong

Gold Member
raviolico said:
wasn`t this supposed to be developed internal at Disney Interactive with (kinda) actual help from Pixar?

as far as it can go for a tie in, i was looking forward to the fruits of this collaboration with mild hopes. so, the movie rolls out in a couple of months...but no sign of a game.
was it canceled or what?

Toy Story 3 the movie IS the game

040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

Jme

This was in the May Game Informer (Bulletstorm cover). It's being handled by Avalanche Software (who was recently acquired by Disney Interactive) and apparently they had to go toe-to-toe with THQ with their pitch to be given the project. It looks fantastic, and the write-up makes it sound like much, much more than a movie tie-in.

mrgone said:
Being a Pixar movie, the "game" announcement is implicit.

Not a Pixar movie but yes, I know what you're saying. I'm sure a game is already underway.

handofg0d said:
This was in the May Game Informer (Bulletstorm cover). It's being handled by Avalanche Software (who was recently acquired by Disney Interactive) and apparently they had to go toe-to-toe with THQ with their pitch to be given the project. It looks fantastic, and the write-up makes it sound like much, much more than a movie tie-in.

Well there you go!

Screens from Amazon:

Found in the Wii page:

Found in all console pages:

PS360PC page:

DS:

PSP:

FUCK, why would Amazon put up such disgustingly high-res DS shots?

Comparing the two western shots, I say the one on the Wii page is the Wii version, there`s far more jaggies on that Wii shot and the shadowing is better in the HD version shot.

But why the oversizing?

Teetris said:
Man fuck y'all, Toy Story 2 on PS1 was the shit, one of the best platformers of it's time
Hell yeah. I played the shit out of this one. Got every single Pizza Planet token.

Funnily enough, I played and beat the game before I ever saw the movie. :lol

Thanks man. The PSP game looks to be a platformer. Thats what i was hoping this game would be, but the 360 looks way different. I'm really excited to see what this game will actually be:D. Also, with the western setting, and Buzz's foot not saying Andy, its clearly set within a alternate world.

Jme

Chip N Chance said:
Thanks man. The PSP game looks to be a platformer. Thats what i was hoping this game would be, but the 360 looks way different. I'm really excited to see what this game will actually be:D. Also, with the western setting, and Buzz's foot not saying Andy, its clearly set within a alternate world.

The console versions are essentially 2 games.

1 is a platformer/action-adventure that follows the plot of the movie(s)

The other is "toy box" mode which is just a literal sandbox where you can play with all the toys in whatever manner you want. Make Buzz drive a barbie car to bowl over some pins. Like, picture your toy box as a kid, all the mixed up playsets and how you'd combine them into whatever you want. Like the opening scene from Toy Story 1. It's that.

handofg0d said:
The console versions are essentially 2 games.

1 is a platformer/action-adventure that follows the plot of the movie(s)

The other is "toy box" mode which is just a literal sandbox where you can play with all the toys in whatever manner you want. Make Buzz drive a barbie car to bowl over some pins. Like, picture your toy box as a kid, all the mixed up playsets and how you'd combine them into whatever you want. Like the opening scene from Toy Story 1. It's that.

Thanks man! This sounds pretty interesting. At least there doing something different, then just basing it straight off the movie.

Peff

That actually looks pretty cool! I was hoping for a better look of the actual platforming mode but the Toybox could be fun. There's hope :D

DonMigs85

Loved the Genesis version of Toy Story 1, it looked sharper than the SNES version and even had some extra stages if I remember correctly. Toy Story 2 on Dreamcast and PC was also pretty good.
Hopefully the TS3 game will be much better than its UP counterpart.

Jme

Trailer looks great. I can not wait for this. Will be my first movie licensed game in... maybe over a decade?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
That looks graphically amazing, but I have no clue what this is.

Some permutation of Boom Blox?

This looks to be an actual original game based around a existing franchise. It really does looks like BoomBlox meets Banjo Nuts & Bolts:lol . And that's just the toy box mode. Im really curious to see the story mode.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
A Black Falcon said:
The Game Boy version of Toy Story was the worst game I ever got for the GB during its lifetime... in fact, I hated it so much that I actually sold it at a yard sale several years later, and I never get rid of games.

I recall liking the GB game... but I was like 10 at the time, so my opinion can't be trusted.

Wag

Apparently there is going to be a PC release (even though the trailer fails to mention it) and it will only cost $29.99 (already on preorder at various locations).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Some exclusive stuff for the PS3 version:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...medium=social&utm_campaign=toy_story_3_043010

4563716417_1fddd7cee0.jpg

I am happy to announce that exclusively on the PlayStation 3, you can also play as Zurg! Zurg has many of his own unique missions. Whether it’s driving around in his own custom vehicle, or blasting everything in sight with his tri-gun, players can help Zurg achieve his singular goal of eliminating Buzz Lightyear, or just do whatever else they’d like.

I’m also excited to let you know that Toy Story 3: The Video Game will be compatible with PlayStation Move. It was cool working with Sony and this new technology to create downloadable mini-games designed specifically for this new motion controller. So, come Fall, there will be even more ways to play with Toy Story 3.

Now, check out our Zurg exclusive trailer and game screens for a taste of what you can do as this dastardly villain, and don’t forget to watch out for Toy Story 3: The Video Game in-stores, June 15th!

Disappointed Move support is just for post-launch mini-game downloads. It sounds like it would have been a good fit for the Toy Box mode etc.

°°ToMmY°° said:
someone shoot the art department at SCEA, please.

4564507745_81aa29fa89.jpg

I love the 'play as Zurg' bit in the corner. It's like someone forgot about him or just didn't care :lol

Not even an exclamation mark either! :lol

MarshMellow96 said:
I love the 'play as Zurg' bit in the corner. It's like someone forgot about him or just didn't care :lol

yep, plus Buzz looking at the mess SCEA created at the top right.

Unicorn

Chip N Chance said:
I loved this game as a kid. I would still put it on my favorite games of all time list. The Genesis version in particular. Personally i would LOVE a actual 3D Toy Story. Ill be watching this thread for news :lol.
586557_46808_front.jpg
I loved this game.

Played it about a year ago to see if nostalgia goggles got the better of me. Of course not. The doom-esque level where you gotta get the alien squeekies is stressful and memorable. Fuck fighting The Claw. Hard as balls. and the RC levels still fucking rock. :D

Gwanatu T

MarshMellow96 said:

You know it's quite funny now that you mention it. I can imagine Ben Stein saying that line. "Only on PS3. Play as Zurg. Yay."

lantus

momolicious said:
I thought movie adaptation games are supposed to be bad? why are so many people excited about this?

Nostalgia has a way of doing this to people. Nothing like wanting to relive your childhood memories. :p

Bentendo

momolicious said:
yeah but its very hypocritical when you see tons of trashing on other movie games

Well, according to Game Informer this game has a very good chance of being good. They had an entire feature devoted to the game in this last issue.

lantus

momolicious said:
yeah but its very hypocritical when you see tons of trashing on other movie games

They trash them, because in most cases they are shitty. This on the other hand might actually have something going for it.

I just want to play another game based on my favorite movie of all time. And with the recent news of them not basing it actually off the movie, its gotten people excited. Sort of what Batman did. They made something that was fun first. It also seems to be in the vein of Nuts & Bolts, which was like a goofy toy sandbox.

I like how Sony got away with putting the "Only on Playstation" tag on the box. :lol

Top Bottom