• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: New Resident Evil for Wii at Captive [FAKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

heringer

Apparently the source is the guy "who leaked about the Jack Krauser and Leon S Kennedy (and the South America stage) more than 3 months before capcom even hinted at the scenario".

Also, he claims the game will have RE4 style sections mixed with on-rail sections.

The source might be a little hard to swallon, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...New_Resident_Evil_announced_on_Captivate?pg=1

http://www.vandal.net/foro/mensaje/549696/rumor-futuro-resident-evil-en-3-persona/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Resident Evil REMAKE REMAKE

Edit:

Ah they still have to Outbreak games to port xD

Haunted

Resident Evil in third person would be a welcome change instead of the lightgun shooters we've gotten so far.

Then again, I don't have much hope for it if it's another spinoff, third person gameplay or not.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If it exists it will mostly be onrails and nowhere near the production levels and quality of RE4.

I have zero faith with Capcom and the Wii.

Owzers

how many on-rail sections...........................................................................stop making crappy RE games Capcom.

Aspiring

I get so excited for when i see a new Resident Evil, but they are either on rails crap for Wii, or a game that is in no way a Resident Evil game except in name for PS3/360. Why cant they just go back to the roots? I dont give a shit what console, i just want good old school Resident Evil. Fuck a remake will do.

ILikeFeet

Banned
heringer said:
RE4 style sections mixed with on-rail sections.

how the hell will that work? why go half way Capcom? either RE4 or on rails. no in between bullshit

eh, I wouldn't care too much if it was true. never really been interested in RE :/

Apparently the source is the guy "who leaked about the Jack Krauser and Leon S Kennedy (and the South America stage) more than 3 months before capcom even hinted at the scenario".

Interesting...

Also, he claims the game will have RE4 style sections

Crapcom finally gets it?

mixed with on-rail sections.

fxdt78.jpg

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to this thread to see the meltdowns once this is announced to be another on-rails shooter? Re4 & 5 hasn't been covered in the Chronicles games yet.

Umbrella Chronicles was amazing. Darkside Chronicles... lacked something, it seemed to be a step down for me. So I'm not against another one, I found them both to be well done. Either way it doesn't sound like another Chronicles game, just something new with certain parts being on-rails maybe.

tzare

i hope it is a regular RE game, not on the rails. i also hope they reveal that PSP RE first announced last E3 at SCE conference.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Prime Blue said:
I thought The Darkside Chronicles didn't sell well...

RE:UC and RE4 Wiimake did though....and i guess those Cube Ports also sold okay.

Guevara

DennisK4 said:
Seriously, who are these fans clamoring for more on-rails RE?

It must be really cheap to make. Maybe the designers take the day off and just have some interns make those sections.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
heringer said:
I've heard Monolith is developing it and they will call it Resident Evil: Day of Crisis.

I'd actually be excited because Disaster was fucking awesome.

wsippel

Banned
ILikeFeet said:
how the hell will that work? why go half way Capcom? either RE4 or on rails. no in between bullshit

eh, I wouldn't care too much if it was true. never really been interested in RE :/
I could live with some rail sections if they are vehicle based or something. Most third person shooters have some of those these days after all. And after DSC, I'd really like to see some more Resident Evil mixed with Cavias insanity (and technology).

wrowa

Prime Blue said:
I thought The Darkside Chronicles didn't sell well...
It probably still sold more than the PS2 light-gun REs by the same studio. There's no reason not to develop another one - they just have to adjust the budget accordingly.

Amir0x

Banned
I like rails. I just don't know if they can do rails well. Imo, their Umbrella Chronicles titles were really poor rail gun shooters.

Reknoc

Haunted said:
Dead Aim remake confirmed. I remember the SA Let's Play for this. Good times!

I wish the Let's Play was all I remembered from that game... so bad.

heringer said:
Also, he claims the game will have RE4 style sections mixed with on-rail sections.

Getting there, maybe the game after will remove the on-rail stuff completely.

Guevara

Nuclear Muffin said:
RE6 or bust, nothing else is acceptable Capcom...

I would be more than happy with RE5: Wii Edition (special no co-op version and RE4 controls). I almost can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom