• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Resident Evil 9 to be titled "Apocal.Xpse" has been in development for 2 years, would feature Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine

Apocryphon

Resident Evil Apocalypse was a codename, in the same way that the DLC/Gold Edition of Village was codenamed there Resident Evil Outrage.

Obviously there will be a Resident Evil 9, but this is fake shit of just some fan who saw the leak and tried to like that Apocalypse codename to RE9.

In the same way that when the leaker mistranslated RE Outrage as RE Outbreak some other people thought that Capcom was going to release a game with this name and even included it in the Nvidia GeForceNow list.
Why would I anybody seriously think there would be another game called Resident Evil Outbreak? We already had 2 of those 😂

I didn’t actually hate the Outbreak games, but I don’t think I want online coop in my RE. I like it to be a solitary affair.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
He was never a blank state for the player to project lol. He has one liners, he has motivations, he has people he cares about.

You can dislike him all you like, but him being a blank slate is flat out wrong.
Hm...I think the truth is in the middle
How about a compromise, based on this quote:

"It's a balancing act between giving Ethan his own personality, but also helping the player imagine that it could be them, reacting in the same way."[2]
Resident Evil Village scriptwriter Antony Johnston, GamesRadar+ in 2021

Nautilus

Banned
Hm...I think the truth is in the middle
How about a compromise, based on this quote:

Resident Evil Village scriptwriter Antony Johnston, GamesRadar+ in 2021
Sure, but as the quotes states, he still has a personality, even if a minor one.

I liked him, and I'm fine with people hating him, he's just not a blank slate.

emivita

The next 90 RE games will feature a ‘X’ in the title. Let’s see how creative they can be…

Nah, RE IX will flop and next one will be called Resident Evil 1, it will be a reboot and will have this logo:

erAldCT.jpg

yurinka

Why would I anybody seriously think there would be another game called Resident Evil Outbreak? We already had 2 of those 😂

I didn’t actually hate the Outbreak games, but I don’t think I want online coop in my RE. I like it to be a solitary affair.
People thought was a remake or reboot of the RE Outbreak series, since then they were the first RE games with online multiplayer and nowadays the MP games are trendy.

Since they are remaking many games today maybe they thought that instead of remaking RE Code Veronica they could be remaking Outbreak.

I also prefer to play alone, and hope that whenever they decide to go coop in the future, they also allow to play using the CPU as partner.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Sure, but as the quotes states, he still has a personality, even if a minor one.

I liked him, and I'm fine with people hating him, he's just not a blank slate.
I was hyperbolozing because I wanted to make a point. He's in between a blank slate and the in-your-face personality of say, Duke Nukem

I'm still not a huge fan the last two main entries so I'm glad they're at least dropping Ethan and the Winters family shit. Also think Village had one of the worst final stretches in the series and that's saying a lot. The DLC though was the crowning achievement of straight-up terrible RE content.

The name implies a similar direction like RE6. I would love to see a more intimate and horror focused game again, like RE7. But we will probably get that with the second RE1 Remake.

consoul

The hell? They're gonna use IX but not have either letter actually be that letter? IX is really LY now? GTFO.

Resident Evil: Crucif𝗜𝗫
Resident Evil: Phoen𝗜𝗫
Resident Evil: Append𝗜𝗫
Resident Evil: Matr𝗜𝗫
Resident Evil: Dominatr𝗜𝗫
Resident Evil: Pick & m𝗜𝗫
Resident Evil: Double Hel𝗜𝗫
Resident Evil: Dick p𝗜𝗫

Just use the goddamn letters properly.

ClosBSAS

lol ever since the RE7 title they have been trying to so hard to do the same with all. Its just getting dumb at this point. it worked great for re7 cause it didnt have a stupid subname.

Apocryphon

Unbelievable work from Capcom, the way they've brought back Resident Evil since 7 has been tremendous.
7 and it’s DLC was amazing, RE2R was amazing, RE3R was dogshit, Villlage was dogshit, and RE4R was amazing. It’s as hit or miss as ever.

No doubt we’ll get dogshit remakes of RE5 and 6 before whatever 9 is… and if that’s anything like Village they can fucking keep it 😂

SHA

Me: So the only real survivors are the stars and bsaa, the rest of humanity are just leftovers.
Capcom: it's a fun game, who cares, it's supposed to be thrilling, don't value their lifes or you won't like it.
Me: why they just don't show any sign of aging.
Capcom: it's personal.
Me: I think It's time for them to start a new family
Capcom: No, again, it's personal.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Me: So the only real survivors are the stars and bsaa, the rest of humanity are just leftovers.
Capcom: it's a fun game, who cares, it's supposed to be thrilling, don't value their lifes or you won't like it.
Me: why they just don't show any sign of aging.
Capcom: it's personal.
Me: I think It's time for them to start a new family
Capcom: No, again, it's personal.
Amazing that jill and claire still have the bodies of 23 year olds even though they should be in their late 40’s or 50’s by this point lol

xVodevil

Good stuff, I don't even care for details, just hoping new main game is coming within the next 12 months! Probably Capcom is the most trustworthy in the business at the moment, for now I'd jump for any RE game blindly.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I have insider knowledge and not only is Capcom finishing RE9.....They are on the verge of completing RE10....with help from Square-Enix. It's called Resident Evil: 10eleventy. Mirror Blade of Exodis X+Alpha, Dream Mirages of the Dominion Crystal.

Main character is Carlos Oliveira. And get this...it will be released....on NES and Atari 2600! It's sad because Carlos's sprite cannot convey his 60 belts from his outfit.

You read it here first!

Last edited:

Apocryphon

I have insider knowledge and not only is Capcom are finishing RE9.....They are on the verge of completing RE10....with help from Square-Enix. It's called Resident Evil: 10eleventy. Mirror Blade of Exodis X+Alpha, Dream Mirages of the Dominion Crystal.

Main character is Carlos Oliveira. And get this...it will be released....on NES and Atari 2600! It's sad because Carlos's sprite cannot convey his 60 belts from his outfit.

You read it here first!
The tragedy of this post is that you had to edit some part of it 😂

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I will kick myself in the shins that’s for sure.

Though in all seriousness, despite RE7, RE2R, and RE4R being amazing, if anybody could fuck the next mainline Resident Evil game up its Capcom.
They are on fire right now, and did not have any misfire for quite a few years. I feel utterly confident in them at the moment.

Apocryphon

They are on fire right now, and did not have any misfire for quite a few years. I feel utterly confident in them at the moment.
RE3R was very weak and Village was legitimately awful.

I’m convinced Village was rushed. The house at the beginning and the castle felt suitably Resident Evil, but the rest of the game was awful. They tried to shoehorn elements from RE4 into the game, but left out the parts that actually made Resident Evil 4 so enjoyable 😂

You fight the majority of the enemies outdoors, with the castle cellars and the factory being the only real exceptions. You can only behead the lycans, despite the Moroacia and Samca being perfect candidates for dismemberment. And why are there werewolves and vampires in the game anyway? It doesn’t even remotely feel like a Resident Evil game. The puzzles are terrible, enemies are boring, and the game lacks both a coherent story and any real atmosphere. It’s easily my biggest disappointment so far this gen.

RE7 was the last excellent mainline game and I’d rather 9 was closer to that or RE2R than anything else.

Top Bottom