• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Most proxy pages mess up the scripts and stuff on the page, but I got mine using Hotspot Shield just fine. Just get rid of it afterwards, you never now with ad-based software.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Pandoracell said:
You guys with fast downloads are lucky. I've gone 20% in the last 30 minutes, sooooooo sloooooooooooow now. It started off fine.

I started the download like, 10 minutes ago, and now I'm in the main menu.

/rubbingitinface

The Crawf

from Bungie's twitter

Aisha Tyler's "Welcome to the Beta" is live via ODST's main menu. Tell me how she advises you to use the magnum for a Reach beta code.

big ander

LunaticPuma said:
I got one through Expertzone so I'm good now.:D
Cool, and Gui got one too! The more HaloGaffers the better. :D
I think Blueblur got one on twitter...that's sure what it seems like, at least.
Need more halogaffers!

Quoting myself for new page, use this method if you are on your last legs

Diablohead said:
I managed to get a code using a US proxy ip adress in firefox, TY for those who are helping everyone here! damn this whole process is like a drug.

A quick guide to getting a code if you live outside of the us:

Go to http://expertzone.microsoft.com/home.aspx and sign in using your msn passport.
Sign up page will appear, fill in details (I think of a game store in the US, to be safe)
Website sends you confirm email, check it to confirm.
While logged in on expertzone, head to Xbox and Games > Overview
Click the ODST advert asking you to take the test

Now for this bit you need a US ip, in firefox head to TOOLS > OPTIONS, NETWORK tab > SETTINGS button.

Click the MANUAL PROXY button and enter 174.143.220.135, use PORT 80, click the all protocals box, then OK the changes.

Now on the REACH expertzone page, click GO TO COURSE, because you are using a US proxy it will work, but slowly.

Awnser the questions and follow the given info and link, now you have a beta key!

Gui_PT

big ander said:
Cool, and Gui got one too! The more HaloGaffers the better. :D
I think Blueblur got one on twitter...that's sure what it seems like, at least.
Need more halogaffers!

I didn't get one.

I got nothing

All the juniors that never talk are getting codes and i'm just sitting here

Sanic

EvaPlusMinus said:
I started the download like, 10 minutes ago, and now I'm in the main menu.

/rubbingitinface

:lol Not cool. Though I have a terrible connection to begin with, it would have taken me 25 minutes to download even without the server load.

My gaming weekend WAS going to consist of JC2 and L4D2, but this changed things for the better :D

Striker

Gui_PT said:
I didn't get one.

I got nothing

All the juniors that never talk are getting codes and i'm just sitting here
Because it isn't about post-count.

Stunner, I sent you a party invite. -_-

So, after much pipe clogging at ExpertZone (no thanks to all the sploiters) I finally got my legit key...
XBL GT = GAF Username, let me know your your a GAFer if you add meh.
npngnp.png

See you all on the battlefield.

Hixx

Diablohead said:
I managed to get a code using a US proxy ip adress in firefox, TY for those who are helping everyone here! damn this whole process is like a drug.

A quick guide to getting a code if you live outside of the us:

Go to http://expertzone.microsoft.com/home.aspx and sign in using your msn passport.
Sign up page will appear, fill in details (I think of a game store in the US, to be safe)
Website sends you confirm email, check it to confirm.
While logged in on expertzone, head to Xbox and Games > Overview
Click the ODST advert asking you to take the test

Now for this bit you need a US ip, in firefox head to TOOLS > OPTIONS, NETWORK tab > SETTINGS button.

Click the MANUAL PROXY button and enter 174.143.220.135, use PORT 80, click the all protocals box, then OK the changes.

Now on the REACH expertzone page, click GO TO COURSE, because you are using a US proxy it will work, but slowly.

Awnser the questions and follow the given info and link, now you have a beta key!

I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOUR FACE.

Thank you, old bean. You are my new favourite GAFer.

Don't fear the ban hammer. I actually work at Best Buy and was able to register using that information, but I don't see how those of you who "faked" it could possibly be tracked down for it unless they actually contact these places to verify employment.

But yeah, that would suck if you were banned because you couldn't wait a few lousy days for the "official" beta start.

Edit: OH YEAH, downloading now. I suck, but add me anyway: A Real Puppet

Roche

Worst part about this? I'm being invited by my friends to a beta I don't have, my friends have a sick sense of humour.

Just got back from class. Apparently my Haiku's weren't good enough :lol

Seriously, how did this not win?

Wetness in my pants
I just did a Halo dance
time to change my clothes

Melted butter me
Halo Reach is all I see
Indefinitely

Next time twitter NEXT TIME!! :lol

Tapiozona

Banned
Holy crap I got a code and it worked.. My hopes were crushed this morning hwen it didnt work but my download is going now. Thank you whoever here found out about expertzone

Deputy Moonman said:
Just got back from class. Apparently my Haiku's weren't good enough :lol

Seriously, how did this not win?

Wetness in my pants
I just did a Halo dance
time to change my clothes

For what it's worth - love it, 9.5/10.

Top Bottom