• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

dallow_bg

nods at old men
In NA, Vita is supposed to get the SE with the art book.

You sure about that? I don't see that unless I've missed it.
I'm looking at the info and I see only the Limited Edition for PS4 with artbook. Amazon shows the same.
The Vita gets the standard "Day 1" edition.

CH teaser today is a character from Fairy Fencer

Compile-Heart-Teaser_07-20-16_5day.jpg

I was kind of surprised to see a franchise (Neptunia) revealed so early. Looks like this could be some kind of CH universe crossover

RK128

CH teaser today is a character from Fairy Fencer

I was kind of surprised to see a franchise (Neptunia) revealed so early. Looks like this could be some kind of CH universe crossover

This kinda happened with Trillion God of Destruction in some respects (the Neptuina characters appearing in the game with a lot of dialog with the main cast) but I can see that too, more so with the space-like background.

Takao

Banned
You sure about that? I don't see that unless I've missed it.
I'm looking at the info and I see only the Limited Edition for PS4 with artbook. Amazon shows the same.
The Vita gets the standard "Day 1" edition.

SE USA put out this press image that implies Vita is getting the LE:

WOFF_LIMITEDEDITION_BEAUTYSHOT_PS4.jpg

But no retailers (including the SE Store) have put it up. Might be that they're slow, or SE made a mistake.

ty_hot

How big are usually the games? 8GB would be enough to have 4-5 games in it? Not 5 games that are BIG, but at least 1 or 2.

RK128

How big are usually the games? 8GB would be enough to have 4-5 games in it? Not 5 games that are BIG, but at least 1 or 2.

It really depends on the game size. Some are 3+GB's, others are under 1GB, and some even reach 4GB's with patches. I recommend getting a 16GB Vita Memory Card at the minimum for downloadable content.

maouvin

Digital games that are also available physically max at 3.5GB (before patches) iirc. There's a few digital-only games that go over it. But I believe most of the bigger games sit around 3GB.

So 2 on a 8GB card is reasonable. I'd suggest going for at least 16GB though - there's always those games with good replay value that you want to carry with you all the time.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

As others already said biggest games are 3gb, but those aren't that many, most of the games are 1gb or less, indies are usually some hundreds of MB, some of them are even less than 100mb(Terraria for example IIRC).

With a 16gb you should be all right, i have a 16gb card since d1 and i'm totally fine, i have actually 20-22 games in it + hundreds of screens and a dozen themes.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
SE USA put out this press image that implies Vita is getting the LE:

WOFF_LIMITEDEDITION_BEAUTYSHOT_PS4.jpg

But no retailers (including the SE Store) have put it up. Might be that they're slow, or SE made a mistake.
Picture doesn't seem to load for me but I wouldn't doubt it being a mistake.

Takao posted this on the Vita Lounge forums and I've no idea how interested people would be here, but I thought I might as well share.

Sony Iberia seemed to have a 'thing' of keeping Vita support going locally (presumably because the console still sells well in Spain) and had multiple local developers working on the console. Among them were StormBASIC Games (Ecolibrium; Invoker's Tournament) and Novarama (Invizimals) - I have no idea what games these companies are working on at the moment, but it seems unlikely they'll be for Vita.

The other company was Virtual Toys who worked on Muppets Movie Adventures; Looney Tunes Galactic Sports and Phineas & Ferb: Day of Doofenshmirtz.

In an interview with then-CEO for IGN (in late 2014), he reported that they were still working on licenced games, and highlighted Phineas and Ferb; Monsters University and Mickey & Friends: The Haunted House as upcoming titles It was kinda safe to assume that these were Vita games coming from Virtual Toys.

Well, it seems that partnership is well and truly ended. Instead Virtual Toys released a F2P Moba for PS4 called "Pirates: Treasure Hunters" and it seems that game well and truly cratered, with about 2/3rds of the company being laid off.

It's not often you see a story of a developer going from Vita-exclusive to PS4-exclusive and it nearly taking down the company, but there you go.

(Not that it's good news for Vita because they're hardly going to go back to the console now, but just thought I'd share. I'd say it's no big loss because Muppets sucked, but Phineas & Ferb seemed like a vast imrpovement)

Shizuka

You're just crushing my dreams of how I'm going to be able to get the Atelier Shallie Plus LE here :(

Hey, I don't want to pay $30+ for shipping just for the Psycho-Pass and Banned Girls 2 limited editions. I've been tweeting them and NIS America about it, so should other people interested in them.

CoDueKjXEAAvXPK.jpg

Compile Heart's teaser website updated again. First Neptunia; then Fairy Fencer F; now Trillion (apparently, though I can't verify the picture myself)

I'm guessing crossover RPG?

(Not that it's good news for Vita because they're hardly going to go back to the console now, but just thought I'd share. I'd say it's no big loss because Muppets sucked, but Phineas & Ferb seemed like a vast imrpovement)

Haven't read the review, but I didn't think Muppets was that bad of a game tbh. It's a capable platformer. I thought the tower level had a fairly interesting design. There are some silly Muppet moments too, allthough admittedly they could've crammed in a lot more.

Not saying it's a great game or anything. But it doesn suck either.

NDPsycho

I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask this, but are there any Vita Gaffers in the UK that would be willing to be a shipping intermediary for me? I want to buy something off Amazon UK, but the seller doesn't ship to the US. I was thinking of just buying it and having it shipped to someone in the UK and then seeing if they could ship it on to me. I'd cover all shipping costs through paypal of course. I know it's a bit of an imposition and if this isn't ok to ask, someone let me know and I'll remove the request.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
CoDueKjXEAAvXPK.jpg

Compile Heart's teaser website updated again. First Neptunia; then Fairy Fencer F; now Trillion (apparently, though I can't verify the picture myself)

Either some kind of crossover or a completely unrelated game(like saying: after neptunia, fairy fencer,trillion etc it's now time for...)

CoDueKjXEAAvXPK.jpg

I'm guessing it's either the Cyberdimension game which will be a crossover (or at least plenty cameos) or it's gonna be an anime fighter

Haven't read the review, but I didn't think Muppets was that bad of a game tbh. It's a capable platformer. I thought the tower level had a fairly interesting design. There are some silly Muppet moments too, allthough admittedly they could've crammed in a lot more.

Not saying it's a great game or anything. But it doesn suck either.

Disagree, I thought nearly everything about it was poorly designed. For example - it's a handheld game, why did they think having 5 30-minute levels was a better design choice than having 15 10-minute levels? Might've helped with the horrendous loading times they have before each level too.

Having an attack button is fine, having it so you literally need to be stood on top of an enemy so you're basically being hit by it so the attack can land?

Heck, even the theme of the game - Muppet Movies. Except it's just a 2D platformer, framed by having a director yell "cut" when you die. Why are you not asked to perform specific feats if you're shooting a film? You just toddle along and collect stars to make it through to the exit.

The platforming is okay, I'll give it that, but there's a million other 2D platformers out there that do much more interesting things and don't have a premium price tag attached.

It's not a complete disaster, but it's a very poor game.

Either some kind of crossover or a completely unrelated game(like saying: after neptunia, fairy fencer,trillion etc it's now time for...)

I hope it's not just "the next RPG franchise from Compile Heart", because that would mean it's undoubtedly from PS4.

If it was, I don't think these reveals would make sense though. Mugen Souls should've already been revealed by now and we'd have had Omega Quintet before Trillion.

But it could be, I guess.

I'm guessing it's either the Cyberdimension game which will be a crossover (or at least plenty cameos) or it's gonna be an anime fighter

Isn't Cyberdimension already revealed, though? I guess that is a way to have them all in one place though, online MMO RPG.

Whatever it is... I'm kinda sadly excited. I realise I've played a lot of Compile Heart RPGs so if it's a crossover I'm kinda interested to see what they do with it.

Isn't Cyberdimension already revealed, though? I guess that is a way to have them all in one place though, online MMO RPG.
Do we know anything about it? I don't, but I may have missed it. If it does have a bigger scope this could be a re-reveal but I'm 100% speculating.

No reason to be ashamed about liking CH games, this thread is a safe place :p

Disagree, I thought nearly everything about it was poorly designed. For example - it's a handheld game, why did they think having 5 30-minute levels was a better design choice than having 15 10-minute levels? Might've helped with the horrendous loading times they have before each level too.

Feels a bit harsh tbh. Sitting down half an hour with your handheld is hardly an excessively long time.
I get the pick-up-and-play-for-10-mins thing, but there are puzzle and mobile games for that too. You could apply that 10-minute requirement to soo many other Vita games, and soo many of them would fail.

Having an attack button is fine, having it so you literally need to be stood on top of an enemy so you're basically being hit by it so the attack can land?

This doesn't even apply to all the levels. Each character has a different weapon and play style.

Heck, even the theme of the game - Muppet Movies. Except it's just a 2D platformer, framed by having a director yell "cut" when you die. Why are you not asked to perform specific feats if you're shooting a film? You just toddle along and collect stars to make it through to the exit.

*Sigh* Maybe they should've made it about some plumber who is out to rescue a princess... and toddles along and collects stars to make it through to the exit.

They could've done more with the Muppet theme, but it's just a means to an end. How many 2D platformers have a deep and elaborate story?

The platforming is okay, I'll give it that, but there's a million other 2D platformers out there that do much more interesting things and don't have a premium price tag attached.

The game can be had at a budget price nowadays. Is it the best ever platformer out there? No, of course not. Get a Rayman game in stead or something if you're looking for a quality title.

But the Muppet game is decent. It get the most essential part of a 2D platfomer, namely the platforming, right.

It's not a complete disaster, but it's a very poor game.

Well, I disagree. Let's leave it at that.

Well, I disagree. Let's leave it at that.

I agree this is probably for the best, but just two further points I wanted to make.

Feels a bit harsh tbh. Sitting down half an hour with your handheld is hardly an excessively long time.
I get the pick-up-and-play-for-10-mins thing, but there are puzzle and mobile games for that too. You could apply that 10-minute requirement to soo many other Vita games, and soo many of them would fail.

I think you're missing the point here. They created a game for a console that favors pick up and play, in a genre that can often have levels of any size, and then created a game with segmented levels. Yet shipped the game where you had to sit and do them in one go. It's just baffling and highlights a level of laziness with the product.

Obviously I'm not saying every handheld game has to have short levels, but when the hell not when it makes sense?

*Sigh* Maybe they should've made it about some plumber who is out to rescue a princess... and toddles along and collects stars to make it through to the exit.

They could've done more with the Muppet theme, but it's just a means to an end. How many 2D platformers have a deep and elaborate story?

I think you're missing the point here too. I didn't say anything about story, because honestly I couldn't give a rats ass in a platformer. I'm talking about theme - they have a great theme with muppets in the movies, but it's barely used. You get a clipboard at the beginning of a chapter and a director who tells you to do it again if you die.

There's so much more they could've done with this - like I sat, giving you things to do mid level to get a perfect shot. But instead there's none of this, suggesting it's just a 2D platformer they'd already made and just reskinned.

I'm glad there's someone out there who enjoyed the game, means it did have some target audience. But it's not a title I could really recommend to anyone unless they've exhausted every other option on the platform, lol.

I think you're missing the point here. They created a game for a console that favors pick up and play, in a genre that can often have levels of any size, and then created a game with segmented levels. Yet shipped the game where you had to sit and do them in one go. It's just baffling and highlights a level of laziness with the product.

No, you are the one missing the point here. There are plenty of games out there for Vita that can be played in 15 minutes bursts. Like I said earlier, there's puzzle games, there's rhythm games, there's other platformers. If you're looking for that specific feature, there's plenty of options.

There is literally no good reason at all to hold length of levels against a single game, when it doesn't happen to follow the "format fit for handhelds" and has longer levels. I mean, what if there are people out there who do enjoy playing longer platform levels on their handhelds? If all platformers had short levels, those people wouldn't find their pick. If anything, it's a unique proposition in that respect.

In reality many people won't even play in just 15-minute burst anyway. When a platformer has 15-minute levels, they'll likely be like "just one more level" and play for 30 minutes anyway. This is really not a big issue.

I think you're missing the point here too. I didn't say anything about story, because honestly I couldn't give a rats ass in a platformer. I'm talking about theme - they have a great theme with muppets in the movies, but it's barely used. You get a clipboard at the beginning of a chapter and a director who tells you to do it again if you die.

There's so much more they could've done with this - like I sat, giving you things to do mid level to get a perfect shot. But instead there's none of this, suggesting it's just a 2D platformer they'd already made and just reskinned.

I'm not missing anything. You ignored that part where I said they could've done more with the Muppet theme.

Having said that: it's a platformer. Story is hardly important for this genre of game. It really isn't. Saying a platformer sucks because "the theme of the game is underused" is just nitpicking.

Would I recommend the game to other people? Not really. I would never recommend decent games. But saying 'it sucks' for the reasons you listed is overstating it.

No, you are the one missing the point here.

Lol. I think we are long past the point of anything good coming from this discussion. There's plenty more I could say about it, but honestly, the game just isn't worth such a heated debate :p

I'm glad you got the enjoyment you did from Muppets Movie Adventures. I wish I felt the same because truly, I bought the game really wanting to like it. But as it stands it's among the worst games I've played on the Vita for the reasons I listed and so much more.

Lol. I think we are long past the point of anything good coming from this discussion. There's plenty more I could say about it, but honestly, the game just isn't worth such a heated debate :p

I'm glad you got the enjoyment you did from Muppets Movie Adventures. I wish I felt the same because truly, I bought the game really wanting to like it. But as it stands it's among the worst games I've played on the Vita for the reasons I listed and so much more.

There's your problem right there. I expected shovelware and it turned out to be a decent game.

So I gave it a proper chance and end up beating it, and collecting all the trophies or whatever they were called. Again: it's not great, but it's enjoyable if you take it for what it is.

Looney Tunes Galactic Sports is certainly worse than the Muppets game imo. I've also heard some really bad stuff about Supremacy MMA. Own that game, but haven't tried it yet.

I also didn't like Resistance: Burning Skies at all. So I would place that below Muppets too. The Invizimals games: not better than Muppets either. The mini games that require you to use the touch screens are mostly terrible. They don't even work properly under lowish light conditions.

Lots of games I still haven't played (of the 150ish that I own), so there are bound to be quite a bit of games worse than that Muppet game. At least the Muppet game has Muppets. That's gotta count for something.

Do we know anything about it? I don't, but I may have missed it. If it does have a bigger scope this could be a re-reveal but I'm 100% speculating.

No reason to be ashamed about liking CH games, this thread is a safe place :p

I seem to remember Dengeki's website having some concept art of the 4 CPU's in the MMO, with them having different weapons than usual. But no, we've not seen anything of the actual game.

I think the naming is off though, I don't think they'd call a crossover game "Cyberdimension Neptunia Online", they'd go for Trinity Universe or Cross Edge or whatever.

Anyway, you're right, this is the safe haven, so hype! I wonder what platform it's gonna be on (and Cyberdimension for that matter). CH have been pushing PS4 a lot but haven't really had much success there - Omega Quintet bombed and it looks like Black Rose Valkyrie is about to as well. They've had a fair few mis-fires on Vita too (MeiQ) but generally the audience seems more receptive to their stuff.

I wonder who's developing too. I hope not Tamsoft! (Not that I hate them, I just don't want to see another brawler reskin)

Missed this first time around, but this rumor from a few days ago says a new Mega Man game is coming to multiple platforms to tie into the cartoon - including Vita:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1250886

What's most amusing about it is that it seems to be suggesting that the Vita version is developed by Capcom while the 3DS/mobile versions are outsourced. That'd make it the first internally developed Capcom gave for Vita since... ever? (Since I assume Eighting did the majority of the work on UMvC3 and Dimps on SFxT).

Missed this first time around, but this rumor from a few days ago says a new Mega Man game is coming to multiple platforms to tie into the cartoon - including Vita:

What's most amusing about it is that it seems to be suggesting that the Vita version is developed by Capcom while the 3DS/mobile versions are outsourced. That'd make it the first internally developed Capcom gave for Vita since... ever? (Since I assume Eighting did the majority of the work on UMvC3 and Dimps on SFxT).

Eh, I have my doubts about the validity of this rumour. While I'd love it to be true (MM is my favourite franchise ever) I'm firmly in the "believe it when I see it" camp. Also, the new animated series the game will supposedly be based on looks and sounds like garbage so far in terms of art and story. I immediately think of Sonic Boom when I think of any possible videogame tie in to the upcoming cartoon and that's not a good thing.

Well, I'm finally done with Uppers. If you thought EV was biased towards certain characters, you haven't seen anything. Counting the story chapters and the extra missions -survival arenas and boss rushes stages- the game has 62 stages divided in 9 chapters. Out of those 62 stages, you only play 16 with other characters than the main duo, the remaining characters get two stages for themselves.

On the story itself, the characters only show on the chapters (every chapter introduces two characters) where they are introduced before dropping out from the plot entirely. Chapter 7, the final one in the story is only one stage and in what is becoming a trend with Takaki, is a battle between the main duo members. That stage and the fact the two dudes are dressed in red and blue, makes me think Takaki is a Double Dragon fan since is basically a recreation of the final stage of that game.

The stage does lack the "oomph" of the original tho.

Once you finish the game a new episode opens where you're thrown into survival arenas. It follows the basic structure than regular survival arenas with a small difference you only have to defeat the required amount of enemies not enemy waves as is used everywhere else. Since there's a plot, you have to pick predeterminated chars the first time but you're a free to use whatever you want afterwards.

The stages aren't too difficult aside of some gimmicky enemies that have a lot of super armor and hit like a truck. But you can simply mash strong attack to win, one of the arenas was in the second demo actually. And is exactly the same.

The final two arenas are pretty gimmicky. In the first one you have to beat 60 foes, that include all the remaining playable characters while in the last one, you have to beat 120 enemies at least but you can go for as long as you can. The only way to end the stage is to be defeated after beating 120 enemies. While the first 60 are the same than the previous one (waves of five, one boss and four mook), after that mark the game simply throws at you the other characters again and again until you met the quota. Dai is included this time. I imagine she's there regardless if you buy her or not.I dropped the fight by the 125 dude. It was just too repetitive by then

By beating those arenas you unlock another chapter that is by far the most fun I had with the game. You're figthing the bosses again, but this time is a 2 vs 2 battle, with your partner actuallly figthting with you at the same time. Is pretty damn fun. If the game would've had more of that stages it would've been a lot better. No idea why they made those stages the absolute last thing you can unlock.

These stages also have a plot and they end with a fight against Dai-although being two against one, she can't really do much against you- If you bought Dai, an extra mission is added where it simply flips the roles around, Dai against the main duo.

After that there's nothing more to do on the game besides doing every mission on hard mode and completing requests.

If the move shop you unlock does something more than adding more attacks to your combo, is not something obvious. Because I got all the "moves" and didn't notice a difference on my characters. As for the stats, every character can get their strength and health upgraded four times, but you have to reach the final chapter to be able to buy all
the upgrades.

For some reason.

I finally realized why every character HAS to play the same: is the only way to allow the player to complete the requests with any character.

Once again, the thing that makes the game stand out is the thing that drags it down, they really should've ditched the cheerleader system.

Uppers is definitely a weird beast, likely if Takaki would've had someone to rein him in, it would've been a much better product.

http://imgur.com/hSdDy6O

incpdo

Well, I'm finally done with Uppers. If you thought EV was biased towards certain characters, you haven't seen anything. Counting the story chapters and the extra missions -survival arenas and boss rushes stages- the game has 62 stages divided in 9 chapters. Out of those 62 stages, you only play 16 with other characters than the main duo, the remaining characters get two stages for themselves.

On the story itself, the characters only show on the chapters (every chapter introduces two characters) where they are introduced before dropping out from the plot entirely. Chapter 7, the final one in the story is only one stage and in what is becoming a trend with Takaki, is a battle between the main duo members. That stage and the fact the two dudes are dressed in red and blue, makes me think Takaki is a Double Dragon fan since is basically a recreation of the final stage of that game.

The stage does lack the "oomph" of the original tho.

Once you finish the game a new episode opens where you're thrown into survival arenas. It follows the basic structure than regular survival arenas with a small difference you only have to defeat the required amount of enemies not enemy waves as is used everywhere else. Since there's a plot, you have to pick predeterminated chars the first time but you're a free to use whatever you want afterwards.

The stages aren't too difficult aside of some gimmicky enemies that have a lot of super armor and hit like a truck. But you can simply mash strong attack to win, one of the arenas was in the second demo actually. And is exactly the same.

The final two arenas are pretty gimmicky. In the first one you have to beat 60 foes, that include all the remaining playable characters while in the last one, you have to beat 120 enemies at least but you can go for as long as you can. The only way to end the stage is to be defeated after beating 120 enemies. While the first 60 are the same than the previous one (waves of five, one boss and four mook), after that mark the game simply throws at you the other characters again and again until you met the quota. Dai is included this time. I imagine she's there regardless if you buy her or not.I dropped the fight by the 125 dude. It was just too repetitive by then

By beating those arenas you unlock another chapter that is by far the most fun I had with the game. You're figthing the bosses again, but this time is a 2 vs 2 battle, with your partner actuallly figthting with you at the same time. Is pretty damn fun. If the game would've had more of that stages it would've been a lot better. No idea why they made those stages the absolute last thing you can unlock.

These stages also have a plot and they end with a fight against Dai-although being two against one, she can't really do much against you- If you bought Dai, an extra mission is added where it simply flips the roles around, Dai against the main duo.

After that there's nothing more to do on the game besides doing every mission on hard mode and completing requests.

If the move shop you unlock does something more than adding more attacks to your combo, is not something obvious. Because I got all the "moves" and didn't notice a difference on my characters. As for the stats, every character can get their strength and health upgraded four times, but you have to reach the final chapter to be able to buy all
the upgrades.

For some reason.

I finally realized why every character HAS to play the same: is the only way to allow the player to complete the requests with any character.

Once again, the thing that makes the game stand out is the thing that drags it down, they really should've ditched the cheerleader system.

Uppers is definitely a weird beast, likely if Takaki would've had someone to rein him in, it would've been a much better product.

http://imgur.com/hSdDy6O
while i can maybe agree with some of these points IMO is:
a simple but very hardcore beat'em up
hardcore including alll the features of such genre like repetitive gameplay, little to no depth in the fighting style and over the top themes.
So , i have to be honest i really like this game over all.

Edit : what i mean is , this game could be awesome in the 90's industry but we are in 2016 , we know better and we have lots of games to play so we have more demands than in the 90's . For a 2016 game is not anything new , but for someone that enjyed the hell out of the "golden age of videogames" , yeah its lots of fun

I think Uppers sounds good. Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble got insanely repetitive as well, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Unfortunately, that game had an open world which was interesting to explore. Uppers cheaped out on that aspect, which I still find disappointing (although it made it more of a 'traditional' stage based brawler in return, I guess).

incpdo

I think Uppers sounds good. Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble got insanely repetitive as well, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Unfortunately, that game had an open world which was interesting to explore. Uppers cheaped out on that aspect, which I still find disappointing (although it made it more of a 'traditional' stage based brawler in return, I guess).

yeah i kinda dig the traditional aspect of it. i should play the kenka bancho psp game .i never did actually .

Takao

Banned

I know we're all trying to forget, but Monster Hunter Frontier G is a thing.

I really don't believe that rumour. Capcom seems to have it out against Vita. Outside of Level-5 (kids game factory with occasional vanity project funded by western sales) and Konami (RIP), they're pretty much the only major Japanese publisher that releases nothing on it. No Resident Evil ports, despite the majority of them (bar 5/6) not really having technical barriers. No Sengoku Basara ports, despite the games looking like they're running on the Wii and clearly having an audience on the platform thanks to KT's Musou spam. The only way I can see that Mega Man game coming out is if enough people complained to Corsi about Mega Man Legacy skipping Vita that he decided to burn money on it.

I know we're all trying to forget, but Monster Hunter Frontier G is a thing.

I did think of that but kinda thought Capcom Online were their own separate thing (like Sony Online Entertainment before they were sold).

Still, that's one I guess!

The only way I can see that Mega Man game coming out is if enough people complained to Corsi about Mega Man Legacy skipping Vita that he decided to burn money on it.

God I hope not. There's so much more worthy stuff for him to go after.

c2-12828-1 PS Vita horror based on real life, hug your Vitas if they still work. 'tis the slenderman of PS Vita errors.

(10-01-2015, 02:48 PM, still in the 2015 thread)

I hope this is the right thread to post this, and I did not want to create a new thread. And hopefully, someone with experience can help me out. Sorry, this is going to be long, I'm sharing my experience so far with an error known as c2-12828-1.

So roughly 1 1/2 years ago, I finally upgraded from a 8GB memory card to a 32GB memory card. Imported it directly from Japan since that saved me around 20 bucks compared to local prices. Otherwise, it was a perfectly new unused original product.

Anyway, some time after that, games started crashing with error code c2-12828-1. I think, not sure, it started off with Wipeout 2048 (retail version, but with HD and Fury DLC installed) but it began to also show up in other games, mostly download games such as OlliOlli, Hotline Miami, Senran Kagura Bon Appetit (..yeah, I know), Metal Slug 3, Guacamelee and a few times on other retail games. At first it was only a small annoyance, popping up every few weeks. Until it got to a point where certain games would hang up on c2-12828-1 when starting them several times/day.

I researched this c2-12828-1 problem and found various different opinions on what it does and why it happens...

- Some say it has to do with network settings, so I tried to use flight mode and changed some options on my WLAN router. Did not help, it happend even if fully offline.

- Others said it is an internal issue with offset user DRM stuff and I should reset and restore my system settings. Tried that, but the problem reoccured. Tried to backup all data on my computer and put the Vita into factory settings after formatting the 32GB mem card. After the reinstall, it worked... for a few weeks. Then, c2-12828-1 came back ofc.

- Another source said the game data might be corrupted and a backup from the computer might just put the corrupted data back on the PS Vita. Instead, one should get PS+, put all save states into the cloud, put PS Vita and memory card back to factory settings and reinstall every single thing by hand and download the save states from PSN.
I waited some time to do that because that seemed like a lot of hassle (PS Vita is one of my favorite systems so I own a lot of games on it) but 3 weeks ago I used my sunday afternoon to get PS+ and do all that.
It worked... until today, when after a few weeks of Suikoden and Steins;Gate I decided to play Wipeout 2048 again. C2-12828-1 appeared once today... all other games work fine and Wipeout also still works fine after a restart.

... So I finally decide to call up Sony support and ask them directly for help. First up, German support, they're really friendly and the person tried his best to help me out. Sony apparently does not have an official data entry on c2-12828-1 so he had to check up the community boards as well where other people noted the error. After talking about what I had already tried, he suggested I try the following things and also report back to Sony support afterwards:

- use my 8GB card for a longer while with a save from PS+ to check up if this works without failure. If it doesn't happen, it's probably a broken 32GB card. If it does happen it might be corrupted save data or a broken PS Vita system so I should...
- ... also try to find a friend who also has a PS Vita and try out my memory cards on his/her system to find out if it is corrupted data or a broken PS Vita system.

Now I will try to play a bit with my 8GB card (though good luck waiting for a random mistake to happen or not happen :O), but I do not know many people with a PS Vita personally so the second step is probably more difficult.

So I thought I'll also share this story with GAF (where I also read about c2-12828-1 before in some old 2012/13 thread I think) and maybe someone who went through that error code did solve the problem. PS Vita is one of my favorite current gaming systems and I really want to be at ease playing some longer games again... currently I feel a bit ambivalent towards picking up some of the upcoming JRPGs because at this point I've got either
- corrupted save data (which would mean loosing lots of time and game progress)
- broken 32GB mem card (which would mean loosing lots of money) or (worst case)
- broken PS Vita system (which would mean loosing a lot more money and also probably loosing that OLED screen because of the newer models available. I don't buy used if I can avoid it.).

I really just want to go back to fully enjoy the system... so yeah, there it is :) I hope someone here on GAF maybe knows what's up with c2-12828-1! Hug your PS Vitas and enjoy them when they work perfectly, I hope I can go back to fully enjoy the system again as well!

edit:
It might come off as if Wipeout 2048 could be the problem here because if first occured with Wipeout and now occured again with Wipeout... but after my first complete reinstall with the backup from my computer, it wasn't Wipeout which started c2-12828-1 again and also, Wipeout 2048 was my very first PS Vita game and it worked perfectly fine on my 8GB mem card and I also played like 30 minutes of Wipeout 2048 on my 8GB mem card this afternoon with my current save without problems yet. So... ehm, yeah. Just thought I mention this as some additional info on my situation.

So the story continues.

First of all, after my old 32Gig card, which I got back to, started to randomly delete game saves and crashing several times/hour with all sorts of error messages... I caved in :
Completely went back to my 8GB card with a couple of save states for JRPGs and grind-heavy games, only played a few games. It worked without any failure. So I figured it really must have been a broken 32GB card.

After a while, I got a new 32GB card as well as PS+ again to save at least some of the more time-intensive JRPG game saves. Not sure if C2-12828-1 killed my memory card or if the memory card was broken to begin with.
Took a day to put the system back into original state, install the new 32GB card and reinstall all games, download save states from PS+, install all DLC and patches, download all DL-only stuff I was still interested in.

And it worked for a couple of months. Oh, what glorious time that was, I had my Vita back and was in gaming heaven. Finally got around to play Killzone Mercenary, replayed Ys-games, continued to marvel at the ladies of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, had a blast with Last Blade 2 and Shock Troopers, danced with Hatsune Miku.

OK, so today me and the flatmate were playing Rayman Legends on the WiiU and she was like "OH I wanna know how the last song-stage looks like". Me: "No problem, I got it on PS Vita as well, let's spoil it!".
It took a long while to load. And then... c2-12828-1 again.

Immediately deleted the game and tried another random game to check if everything is alright. Of course not, c2-12828-1 and on top of that c1-2758-2. Next game, same deal.

So after 3-4 months of peace, I am now back again rescuing save states, backing up PS1 and PSP games, looking forward to format everything, put system back into original state and reinstall everything... again. Will add "Rayman Legends" to the list of games where I just see the save state as 'lost' and delete it off PS+ as well just in case (same which I did with Wipeout 2048 last time) and really really hope this was just a coincidence.

I will continue to keep this updated in this thread. Gotta say, this error really sours my otherwise great experience with the PS Vita and I am furious that there's nothing to be done and noone at Sony really is able to help. And also, throwing away cash at overpriced memory cards just isn't a lot of fun, really.

incpdo

i do have errors from time to time but they are game based, this is a rare situation , its sad you have to go through all of this. maybe you can sell your vita and buy another one then probably you wont have to face that problem again

Top Bottom