• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM4sure

Banned
So this isn't ACIII? Just more that they left out of ACII so they can charge you for it? But instead of it being in the form of DLC it'll be on a disc?

When is ACIII coming out? That's what I'm excited for? I hope it doesn't have Ezio in it. They do other time periods right? I haven't played ACI, but that wasn't during the same time period, was it?

Kuraudo

Banned
I hope they never do an all out Desmond game. The past is a much more interesting setting than another modern city to explore.

Kuraudo said:
I hope they never do an all out Desmond game. The past is a much more interesting setting than another modern city to explore.

This I definitely agree with. Whatever modern day shenanigans they need to close out the over arching storyline should be relegated to the closing chapter of another meaty historical romp.

owlbeak

I don't get all the whining that occurs when a game has a sequel come out the next year. I just don't get it. Okay, I can understand the issue with money, but that's it. If you really enjoy a game, why would you NOT be excited for a sequel a year later? I'd rather pay $60 for a brand new game with expanded or new features than a slow trickle of shoddy downloadable content (see: all of AC2's DLC). Maybe it's just me and I'm crazy. I thought the same thing of L4D2.

Horsebite said:
I don't get all the whining that occurs when a game has a sequel come out the next year. I just don't get it. Okay, I can understand the issue with money, but that's it. If you really enjoy a game, why would you NOT be excited for a sequel a year later? I'd rather pay $60 for a brand new game with expanded or new features than a slow trickle of shoddy downloadable content (see: all of AC2's DLC). Maybe it's just me and I'm crazy. I thought the same thing of L4D2.
I am incredibly excited for AC3.

I just have to wait for them to announce it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
[Nintex] said:
I'm not sure what to think of this, Assassins Creed 2 was awesome, but this they're releasing this sequel way too early.

Think of this as a big stand alone expansion rather than a full sequel, because that's what it is ..

Ikkarus

From what I have heard so far for Brotherhood it's sounding like it will be a great addition.

I just hope they nail the multiplayer aspect and then it's on my list.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
15-hour campaign with a multiplayer mode? Looks like ACIII without the III in it, to me.

So awesome. The more Assassin's Creed, the better.

LM4sure

Banned
Kuraudo said:

Won't it eventually have to go there though? The main bad dude is in the present. They can only get so much from the present. Desmond was being trained to be an assassin, right? He's gotta use those skills, man!

fernoca

Yeah..
It wouldn't surprise me if the "last game" is about Desmond collecting some last minute memories to train some more, they locating the "items hidden in the temples across the world"...and the final assassination, with you controlling Desmond..in a present/modern day city..full of buildings, cars, people..

With the whole 2012 talk in the game, it wouldn't surprise me if the last game is in Washington D.C. and you have to kill the newly elected President of the US....

And a scene with the whole Adam and Eve running around the Eden thing too..

Horsebite said:

I just think it has to do with quality. I'm definitely not complaining about brotherhood because I'll be tere day one, but I'd really like to see the team spend time researching a new era for AC3 and polish the engine even more and take their time doing so.

I don't think this is AC3 so I'm fine with that. If it was a quick cash-in set in the same setting with the same characters and was essentially AC3, I'd be right there complaining about "yearly sequel cash-in" my self =].

LM4sure said:
So this isn't ACIII? Just more that they left out of ACII so they can charge you for it? But instead of it being in the form of DLC it'll be on a disc?

When is ACIII coming out? That's what I'm excited for? I hope it doesn't have Ezio in it. They do other time periods right? I haven't played ACI, but that wasn't during the same time period, was it?
I was completely satisfied with the length and depth of ACII so I would never argue they left this out of ACII to charge more. IMO ACII was a pretty big risk because they put a massive budget on it even though a lot of people felt the first game wasn't that great despite it's sales. Usually sequels to games with that type of critical response don't sell as well.

Kuraudo

Banned
LM4sure said:
Won't it eventually have to go there though? The main bad dude is in the present. They can only get so much from the present. Desmond was being trained to be an assassin, right? He's gotta use those skills, man!

They can continue telling Desmond's story as little interludes to the flashbacks. I've no problems with more Desmond sections in future games to help tell his story, but it'd be a shame to lose the historical element. The Holy Lands and Renaissance Italy helped the first two games standout amongst the many open-world games set in modern cities. I'd hate to see one of the future games get lost in the crowd by using the same boring modern world we've explored countless times before.

rataven

Pre-order's are already up at Gamestop. Guess the special bonus is a Harlequin MP character.

More info:
GameStop said:
MASTER THE POSSIBILITIES – As Ezio, a legendary Master Assassin, experience over 15 hours of single-player gameplay set in the living, breathing, unpredictable city of Rome.
LEAD A LEGENDARY BROTHERHOOD – Recruit and train promising young Assassins. Deploy them across the city as you see fit, or call upon them to aid you in your quests.
EXPERIENCE A RICH HISTORICAL TAPESTRY – Collaborate with real historical characters such as Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolo Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza.
WIN THE HEART OF A CITY – Use your hard-won currency to revitalize the crumbling capital city. Rally the citizens to your cause and unlock extra factions and missions.
DEPLOY SECRET WEAPONS – Devastate your enemies with poison darts, parachutes, double hidden blades, hidden guns, and an advanced flying machine.
MEMORABLE MULTIPLAYER – Choose from multiple authentic character classes, each with their own signature weapons and killing moves. With richly-detailed maps and a wide variety of unique multiplayer modes, you’ll never fight the same way twice.
Sounds like the Monteriggrioni minigame is back, but this time it's all of Rome.

LM4sure said:
If it was just stuff that was already done but left out I think they would release it sooner. Everything indicates this is more like a B-project done by the secondary Ubi studios while Montreal gets cracking on AC3. Think of it like the GTA4 episodes, not GTA5.

AC3 will most likely be a full-fledged entry in the story with a new city(s), new ancestor, new time period.

Although, I am curious because I think one of the premises of the series is that they wanted to do a game before the invention of guns, hence the historical setting, but they'll also have to jump forward in time from the 15th century. Where and when could they place it where guns wouldn't be commonplace?

Robot 492

Banned
2ypdfsi.jpg

An exclusive first look at Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood is featured in the July issues of PSM3 and Official Xbox 360 magazine, available in the UK on June 3 and June 10 2010 respectively.
http://www.gamersmint.com/?p=3590

xMk2x

Banned
I don't know if it's been mentioned but could it be possible for Brotherhood to be a bit of a bait and switch in so much as the single player game having you control a Templar? I thought of it today at work while zoning out and thought that might be interesting. I mean, now that we're getting Spies vs Mercs in Assassin's Creed we'll still be playing as an Assassin at some point which could give them room to play with the Templar/Abstergo side of the story.

I'm pretty much basing this entire hypothesis off of the teaser showing all of those Animuseses at Abstergo and the title of it being Brotherhood.

duckroll

xMk2x said:
I don't know if it's been mentioned but could it be possible for Brotherhood to be a bit of a bait and switch in so much as the single player game having you control a Templar? I thought of it today at work while zoning out and thought that might be interesting. I mean, now that we're getting Spies vs Mercs in Assassin's Creed we'll still be playing as an Assassin at some point which could give them room to play with the Templar/Abstergo side of the story.

I'm pretty much basing this entire hypothesis off of the teaser showing all of those Animuseses at Abstergo and the title of it being Brotherhood.

Errr, not sure if you read any of the information already released in the game but they already confirmed that in the single player campaign you play as Ezio in Rome as a master assassin who recruits and manages a small army of assassins. The multiplayer mode is where everyone is playing a Templar who is training to learn the ways of the Assassins so they simulate deathmatches against each other as templars and assassins to train. That's what the teaser was based on.

Pooya

Ubi should be a little more creative with their box arts, all 3 AC games have pretty much the same boring art.

xMk2x

Banned
duckroll said:
Errr, not sure if you read any of the information already released in the game but they already confirmed that in the single player campaign you play as Ezio in Rome as a master assassin who recruits and manages a small army of assassins. The multiplayer mode is where everyone is playing a Templar who is training to learn the ways of the Assassins so they simulate deathmatches against each other as templars and assassins to train. That's what the teaser was based on.
:lol: I see. Cheers.

I feel like a maroon.

Got my PTOM in the mail. Here's some details from the magazine.

-Singleplayer follows Ezio who's 45 now trying to rid Rome of the Borgia clan.
-Cesare Borgia is the main bad guy. He's the son of AC2's main villian.
-Game takes place entirely in Rome. Rome is 4 times the size of Venice and is divided into 4 districts.
-Ezio can recruit characters off the street to aid in missions. Experience points can be spend to build up their skills.
-Combat is mostly the same but the player can now chain kills together in rapid succession.
-Collectible items and secret location challenges return.
-The meta game of building up the Villa in AC2 is now the entirety of Rome.
-You can do assassinations from your horse now.
-Leonardo Da Vinci is back along with new and returning gadgets.
-Multiplayer is separate from singleplayer but the story crosses over into both.
-Multiplayer will include adversarial, team based, and objective based modes.
-Multiple classes with unique weapons and assassinations.
-There's a point system which allows you to upgrade your multiplayer character.
-Adversarial mode drops 6-8 players in a map where your assigned a target to kill. Another player is assigned you as the target. So there's a constant cat and mouse going on.

jett

D-Member
Rated-Rsuperstar said:

-Game takes place entirely in Rome. Rome is 4 times the size of Venice and is divided into 4 districts.
-Ezio can recruit characters off the street to aid in missions. Experience points can be spend to build up their skills.
-Combat is mostly the same but the player can now chain kills together in rapid succession.
-Multiplayer is separate from singleplayer but the story crosses over into both.
-Adversarial mode drops 6-8 players in a map where your assigned a target to kill. Another player is assigned you as the target. So there's a constant cat and mouse going on.

Thanks for the info. Does it say which team/studio is developing it? Surely Patrice Desilets isn't working on it.

Bog

Junior Ace
Rated-Rsuperstar said:

SP sounds great to me. I doubt I'll ever even bother with MP.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

Bleh.

Reeks of "We had no intention of continuing this story but we're going to anyway".

~Kinggi~

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:

Sounds like it could be good. I'm hesitant though, as they are obviously now trying to milk the franchise since its their money maker. They are gonna over-saturate the series like COD.

jett

D-Member
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Ubisoft Montreal. Patrice Desilets is creative Director and Vincent Pontbriand is producer.

:| So they're wasting their time with this thing instead of developing AC3.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
AC2's combat fixed a lot of the problems of the first game, but in certain areas it just doesn't work at all. If your enemy is too elite for you to disarm them and can counter your counters all you can do is just clang their sword with yours over and over again until finally they give in. This was especially notable on the final boss, which was just five straight minutes of clangclangclanging. Chaining kills might help things go faster in big fights, but it won't make any difference to one-on-one battles.

Deadman

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

-Collectible items and secret location challenges return.

Do want.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Let it be said that as much as I loathe the DRM scheme implemented in modern Ubisoft games, it doesn't bother me really at all in terms of a multiplayer game. It's a pretty big distinction if you need to have an internet connection active to play a game online with other people. I'll keep my eye on this game.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Ubisoft Montreal. Patrice Desilets is creative Director and Vincent Pontbriand is producer.
Is the multiplayer being handled by a seperate team, as is often the case with Ubisoft games?

cjelly said:
Is the multiplayer being handled by a seperate team, as is often the case with Ubisoft games?

Ubisoft Montreal is such a big team to begin with that I wouldn't doubt that they have a specific group only working on the multiplayer. But the magazine article itself doesn't specify.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I liked Ezio and am glad there continuing his story instead of jumping to another era with another character.
I liked Ezio and felt his story ended well. Digging up the corpse to parade it around like Weekend At Bernie's is not my idea of effectively using a good character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom