• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

Azzawon

Sooo what are the chances this comes to Steam at some point in the near future like QB? Really don't want to engage with the Windows Store nonsense but it's looking like the only option at the moment... :/

I wouldn't count on it, I think the cross play and cross save features of the game rely entirely on the UWP system. I could be wrong though.

Alexious

Sooo what are the chances this comes to Steam at some point in the near future like QB? Really don't want to engage with the Windows Store nonsense but it's looking like the only option at the moment... :/

Unlikely to say the least. Quantum Break sold poorly, which is why they're trying to get more via Steam.

It also was a terrible port. Forza Horizon 3 should be great by all accounts and it will probably sell well enough.

By the way, Windows Store improved a lot from its early days (Gears of War Ultimate).

JaggedSac

Does anyone know if you can gift Win 10 store stuff? I have a friend who would love this game and it would make a nice birthday present. Thing is if there is no physical release for the PC I have no idea how to get it for him.

If there is a digital download code you could buy for the game that would work.

Xater

Unlikely to say the least. Quantum Break sold poorly, which is why they're trying to get more via Steam.

It also was a terrible port. Forza Horizon 3 should be great by all accounts and it will probably sell well enough.

By the way, Windows Store improved a lot from its early days (Gears of War Ultimate).

Quantum Break is also not made by an internal MS studio. That's probably the biggest reason why this is not happening.

Xater

If there is a digital download code you could buy for the game that would work.

You mean of the Xbox version? Yeah that should work, right? I am pretty sure you can buy codes for the Xbox One version of this game. He could just register that and then he would also have it on PC because of the cross-buy thing.

Here are the wheels that will be supported in Horizon

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Any new details on how running the festival is going to work?
I get nervous that means there won't be a narrative at all and I will have to use my imagination.

HeliosT10

Here are the wheels that will be supported in Horizon

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

That's the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex supported wheel list. Not the Horizon 3 list.

We haven't finalised the Horizon 3 wheel list at present.

It should be in your "My Library" view, along with a download option there.

It might require the AU Windows update though.

Tried the update again, failed at the exact same spot as last time so had to roll back. Guess I won't be playing FH3 on the PC until Microsoft learn how to craft updates that don't hard lock PCs :(

GHG

That's the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex supported wheel list. Not the Horizon 3 list.

Am I right in assuming the wheels listed are the baseline for what will be supported in horizon 3?

kazinova

Might want to change the copy. From Xbox Wire:
With today’s update, we’re bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3. This full list:
Read more at...

Really reads like this is for both games.

My reading comprehension is bad then, what does this mean?

With today’s update, we’re bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3. This full list:

And then the wheels I listed?

jbug617

Banned
The article mentions they are working on more wheels.
Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex. In addition, H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future.

AsakuraZ

I can only hope they haven't forgotten about the Logitech Driving Force GT. Still a great wheel to have. If it isn't supported, doubt I'll pick up a new one with the prices on current wheels.

QB had a code for PC because it was before full crossbuy is supported on the store, now that crossbuy is a Xbox Live system feature, it works just like Sony or Nintendo's crossbuy which means there won't be codes nor will they work with retail versions.

Akoi

Loved the demo for this at pax, that last helicopter part was nuts but I beat it. I am pretty sure I will grab this day one.

Really pissed about the Small wheels list for fm6 apex... My fanatec pwts isnt supported. Really Hope this will be in horizon 3 because im not buying a new Wheel for hundreds of euro's because they simply refuse to support older Models.
The Wheel works perfectly in other pc Games so its bullshit.

Really pissed about the Small wheels list for fm6 apex... My fanatec pwts isnt supported. Really Hope this will be in horizon 3 because im not buying a new Wheel for hundreds of euro's because they simply refuse to support older Models.

Could you try putting it in PS3 mode, it supposed to piggyback the G25 isn't it? That's what enabled all PWTS to work like a G25 back then on titles such as GT5P/GT5

I have a PWTS and will try it in the coming weeks

Sequiel

Banned

Same here. Spent hundreds on a Fanatec GT2 not so long ago and now what... are we supposed to throw them out the window and go buy "the new ones"?

It works ok in all Codemasters games, ProjectCARS, Asseto Corsa, ... damn, it even works great in the original FH1 on the 360, which I loved.

I was pissed when Sony ditched Fanatec support on Driveclub, now Micro$oft too? even on PC?

eek5

Microsoft should just make an elite wheel for Xbox and PC. Too many wheels on the market.

Too many wheels on the market. Solution: add another one.

Makes a lot of sense. It'll be great once they don't support that one once when Xbox One 2 comes out or whatever.

Havik

Anyone know if there are retail codes that you can use to get the game on windows 10? (I guess a xbox code would also work is you could activate it on PC)

ascully

Anyone know if there are retail codes that you can use to get the game on windows 10? (I guess a xbox code would also work is you could activate it on PC)

I bought my PC key from amazon, it says it works on both platforms but I redeemed it on the Windows Store.

Amazon sells a code here: amazon.com/Forza-Horizon-Pre-Load-Windows-Digital/dp/B01GW3PAYE
I believe that certain Gamestop stores sell a physical card with a code as well.

Phinor

They tried making a wheel once, it turned out to be fire hazard that they had to take off store shelves.

Microsoft actually made awesome wheels in late 90s to early 2000s. In fact my 15 year old Sidewinder Wheel is both still in working condition AND even new games support it just like that thanks to standards. I sometimes use it in LAN parties when I don't want to move my Thrustmaster from place to place.

If I can get Apex to install or end up purchasing FH3, I'll see what happens if I try using the Sidewinder. I assume nothing...

Havik

I bought my PC key from amazon, it says it works on both platforms but I redeemed it on the Windows Store.

Amazon sells a code here: amazon.com/Forza-Horizon-Pre-Load-Windows-Digital/dp/B01GW3PAYE
I believe that certain Gamestop stores sell a physical card with a code as well.

Thanks, but unfortunately on the german amazon page i can only find the deluxe and the ultimate version for €90/€100. I will look around if i can find it cheaper somewhere.

rrs

QB got on the steam store due to the contract that's been in place since Alan Wake, doubtful MS will even think about bowing to valve. If anything, I could see keys being sold by other places like gmg or humble but you would still need to use winstore to download it and an xbox account.

Top Bottom