• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wife of Mang0, a Smash pro player, tweets about years of abuse by her husband

CO_Andy

SZEOdNk.png

More screen captures of her tweets in this link -- http://imgur.com/a/g2VTQ

Mang0's Mom responds --

Thanks to r/kappa for the news. Not all of us hate you on GAF :3

Kathian

Banned
Seems clear he's cheated on her with 'Ava'. A police station is the right place for these sorts of claims. Not Twitter.

JeTmAn81

I want to say something about this happening to Ginny Weasley of all people. But it's too serious. That's really awful.

georly

He always came off as a douche to me but people insisted he was a really nice and cool guy, so I believed them. And maybe he is to the fans. Awful to hear. I know several people who will be heartbroken by this news.

Glix

I haven't watched "The Smash Brothers" in a long time, but didn't it touch on the fact he had some kind of personal demons?

JeTmAn81

I wonder if Smash TO will prevent him to attend tournaments like Hyuga...

This isn't really the same situation. This is a personal issue. If there's abuse, that's an issue for the police. If there's cheating, that's up to the people involved. Smash doesn't have anything to do with this.

Jigolo

She flipped out just before Genesis 3 and went on a crazy renegade against innocent Westballz. And has had other outings on twitter

People will crucify Mang0 right now which is a scary thing. How some women can accuse people of something like this and whether it's true or not is absolutely crazy.

Sad if true.

Joyful

I could see it
its obvious the dude has anger issues if his reaction to occasional losses in melee means anything

Seems clear he's cheated on her with 'Ava'. A police station is the right place for these sorts of claims. Not Twitter.

Fuck off with this sexist tone policing bullshit.

---

I don't really follow competitive Smash, but I've heard of Mang0. Truly disgusting. I feel for her.

Greddleok

Labelling the screenshotted tweets "evidence" seems a little off.

If true, that really sucks, and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Platy

Holy fuck what an asshole !

Also ... something that I will never understand is blaming the girl he cheated.
You had a contract of fidelity with the dude and the dude alone, he is 100% the blame for the cheating
It takes two to cheat

She flipped out just before Genesis 3 and went on a crazy renegade against innocent Westballz. And has had other outings on twitter

People will crucify Mang0 right now which is a scary thing. How some women can accuse people of something like this and whether it's true or not is absolutely crazy.

Sad if true.

A lot of this post doesn't make any sense. It's like you have context to provide but haven't done so.

pizzacat

Banned
Who would have thought this man baby who can't even shake hands or take the L correctly would have actual emotional problems enough to abuse his loved ones

What a fuck

I think we should hold out for more info before making rash comments like "fuck mango"
Ava?

🤔

Cody_D165

Banned
Labelling the screenshotted tweets "evidence" seems a little off.

If true, that really sucks, and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Evidence.zip is a Smash meme dating back to the days when Leffen was banned from European tournaments thanks to a .zip of images displaying some of his behavior on forums and shit.

As for the topic at hand... I don't know what to believe.

Corpekata

Banned
I am going to wait for details but insinuate she hasn't contacted law enforcement and that she is handling this all wrong because I am an expert in how abuse victims should act.

He always seemed like a giant asshole but this is another level entirely. Knowing the smash community he has nothing to fear, probably gets a couple of high fives for sleeping around.

Top Bottom